Adjustable Scotty Cameron

Gianna1025

Reaction score
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Handicap
Didn't see a write up on this from the PGA show but wanted to know everyone's thoughts on Scotty Cameron's latest. A belly putter with an adjustable shaft that turns it into a broomstick putter. JB, did you stop by the booth and check this out? What are your thought? I know that on the GC coverage he advised that they ALMOST have it approved by the USGA to be conforming.

It was not setup when we were there, despite us coming by 3 times. It looks intriguing, and I look forward to hearing more, as its not hard to really do, but to do well would be different. Being that as the putter gets longer, the head weight may have to be altered. Then again, until its approved, it means little I guess.

Haven't watched the video yet, but isn't the shaft angle different from a belly to a long putter?

It was not setup when we were there, despite us coming by 3 times. It looks intriguing, and I look forward to hearing more, as its not hard to really do, but to do well would be different. Being that as the putter gets longer, the head weight may have to be altered. Then again, until its approved, it means little I guess.

I hear you there. I really do like his stuff but this one is a little far fetched for me. In the interview he said the purpose was so that the golfer could get the putter in the most comfortable position possible. So my question is, why not make them for fitting purposes? It's not like you're going to switch putter length mid round. Use it as a fitting tool instead. The concept is neat I guess but doesn't really seem all that NECESSARY!

I hear you there. I really do like his stuff but this one is a little far fetched for me. In the interview he said the purpose was so that the golfer could get the putter in the most comfortable position possible. So my question is, why not make them for fitting purposes? It's not like you're going to switch putter length mid round. Use it as a fitting tool instead. The concept is neat I guess but doesn't really seem all that NECESSARY!

If Scotty can sell something, Scotty will sell something...I kid of course.

I think it is a pretty interesting concept. With Cameron already well along in the adjustable weight market, I could see him making this work. Shorter or longer, one could maybe simply change weights.......maybe. I give him credit for at least thinking outside the box.

The Cameron machine is pretty large now and there are many shareholders to answer to. Although I'm not a huge fan of his, there is no doubt in that if he can bring something to market that will sell, he will. Only thing that scares me will be the price. Nothing is cheap with this bunch.

My thought would to make a standard length putter with the ability to lengthen it to a belly. Not a belly to a broomstick!

not feeling that, i don't really like the idea of adjusting the size of the putter. would that not come under the same as drivers etc you can't change settings whilst playing in competition?

I love the way he says that he believes in the long putter, as if he has been behind the idea for 10 years. Lol.

Interesting concept, regardless of my dislike of SC. Eager to see where this goes.

This is just silly. I agree with some people in here. Make it a fitting tool and be done with it. What's the point of having an adjustable putter when you could really only use the adjustablity on the practice green. Once you start the round you couldn't adjust it.

TipTappin'

This is just silly. I agree with some people in here. Make it a fitting tool and be done with it. What's the point of having an adjustable putter when you could really only use the adjustablity on the practice green. Once you start the round you couldn't adjust it.

TipTappin'

How do you feel about other adjustable clubs? That is the hot thing right now. I'm not much of a Cameron fan, but I see this idea taking off at some point, whether people need it or not.....

Honest opinion here...the whole trying to get it approved by the USGA is stupid to me. USGA says you cant use something that can be adjusted...if you want a broom get a broom if you want a belly putter get a belly putter...or get both. Regardless of that part this is another fitting tool that I think it is great since I have yet to find anything that can fit you to a broom.

But you're right. The question is did he borrow this idea or is this one of his fitting tools that he's trying to make a putter?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Back