My first real fitting!!!i

360golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, after all these years of golfing I finally decided to get a true fitting for a new set of irons. When the Burner 2.0s were first released I went to golfsmith and got what I thought was a fitting done. Boy was I not fitted correctly. All golfsmith did was put a piece of tape on the sole of the club and had me hit a couple balls, guessed my swing speed and told me I needed all stock irons in the 85g stiff flex shaft. Well the only thing they got correct was the stiff shaft. I have been struggling with the 2.0s so i decided to get a professional fitting done to erase all the questions I had about my irons.

I went to a local fitter and man was I blown away with the process. He had me hit a hand full of shots with the burners with my stock shafts then he had me hit a couple different shafts with the burners and the difference was night and day. He was a huge fan of the Burner 2.0s, but it was going to cost me a ton of $ to get the correct shafts installed. I was then measured from head to toe and a couple other areas :D. After hitting several different heads including Titleist, Mizuno, Adams, Taylormade and Pings all with a ton of different shafts on a couple different monitors the decision was so easy it was like cheating.

I ended up ordering the Ping I20s totally customized for me and my game. Man am I excited. If you guys have not had a chance to hit the new Pings yet -- do it! They are definitely the best clubs I have ever hit in my life.

And if you have never been fitted and are serious about this game do it NOW. You will not be sorry.

Good stuff 360! Can't go wrong with Pings!!!

Well done. THP has really opened my eyes to the importance of fitting.

jealous here. congrats. i want me some i20s!!!!

Good for you 360! I've never been fit before but plan on doing a driver fitting this year. I'm pretty excited about it.

glad you got the clubs best for your game

What he said. It's sometimes tempting to buy the latest hype club of the shelf, but fitting is the key!

Tappin' for world peace!

what where the spec's of the i-20's

Congrats on the new sticks 360. So what did the local fitter find different from GolfSmiths fitting?

Well done. THP has really opened my eyes to the importance of fitting.

I think it did for many others as well. I was fit a few years ago for the first time and it was an eye opener. I still go in each fall and have all my clubs checked for loft and lie.

Great post and a great outcome. Congrats on the new PINGs.

I know I'll be getting fitted for sure next time I buy some new clubs.

Congrats on the fitting! It is amazing the difference between getting a true fitting from soemone that knows what they are doing and takes the time with you compared to someone telling you to hit a few balls with one club. Congrats on the new clubs!

As an 11 handicap, you are already a pretty good player. It will be interesting to see how much the fitted clubs help you improve your scoring but, even more, I will be curious as to how much it it improves your enjoyment.

good stuff man! Glad to hear you had a good experience and ended up ordering those i20's.

Congratulations! I keep telling myself I'm going to get fitted but don't really have anywhere to get it done!

Enjoy the new sticks!

I was fitted into I20 4-GW, Black dot, +1/4", dg s300 stiff shaft. and 2ea tour-s rustique wedges.

My fitter called me this morning after he placed my order and gave me some horrible news. Ping said they are about 6 weeks out.. gonna be the longest 6 weeks of my life

I was fitted into I20 4-GW, Black dot, +1/4", dg s300 stiff shaft. and 2ea tour-s rustique wedges.

My fitter called me this morning after he placed my order and gave me some horrible news. Ping said they are about 6 weeks out.. gonna be the longest 6 weeks of my life

As much as the wait sucks, at the end it will all be worth it. Maybe the weather will be bad and you wouldn't be able to use them anyways, you are in Washington haha.

Black dot is standard lie angle, right? Dude, good for you for getting a proper fitting. It makes golf easier, I swear it. And congrats on the i20's man. I'm insanely jealous. I think those are some marvelous irons. Good luck with them. 6 weeks is a long time. Ouch!

Congrats on finding the right clubs for your game. I'm going to get my first fitting real soon, maybe next weekend. I only hope that after seeing my swing they don't tell me the clubs that suit me best are these:
fisher-price-grow-to-pro-golf-set_98212_500.jpg

Nice write up and I can't wait to hear more about the new i20's. Tons of positive thoughts on here about those.

Fitting is so key. Got my iron's fit last year and my ball striking with my irons has been greatly improved. I have a nice consistent ball flight and just that confidence standing over the club knowing that everything is set up for your game is awesome. Great buy on the Ping's be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

Was it Golfsmith who fit you last time or golftec?

Congrats man!! Its eye opening how important a fitting is eh

Back