The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt be ruling out the Colts this year if I were you Cault! Once #18 comes back healthy and the o-line is a bit better they should definitely be in with a great chance of being the first NFL team to play in a Super Bowl in their own stadium!

I really like the Colts (much much more than the Steelers) but going in I'd give the edge to Pittsburgh.

I am starting to read that too. It's basically all done but the signing on Friday.
I always thought Leinart would end up in Seattle some day.
Seattle signed a couple of QBs today from the undrafted rookies, Josh Portis and Zac Lee (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=41165).
It doesn't seem like they're that serious about finding the franchise QB this year. TJ was always my star quarterback in Madden, too bad it doesn't transfer to real life :smile:

Andrew Luck???

Sounds like Hasselback is gone from Seattle. I wonder if anyone will pick him up.
Vikings looking at McNabb is odd to me.
I like that the Bengals aren't going to trade Palmer according to the owner.

I think the Superbowl Champs this year will come from the NFC South (except not the Panthers) or it will be the Steelers.

SB Champs will be a repeat of last season with a healthy Ryan Grant or maybe my Patriots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they're that bad this year :D

I think you're right about that. They can always trade up to get him though.

I think you're right about that. They can always trade up to get him though.

I think that is what they are doing. Saving any and all draft picks to move up and grab Luck with the first or second pick.

SB Champs will be a repeat of last season with a healthy Ryan Grant or maybe my Patriots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it hard to not pick the Packers at this time too, since they haven't lost anyone and are returning some real studs that were hurt last year. This is the NFL though and the reason I love it so much is because you never really now how the season will play out.

SB = Saints > Chargers

Go Steelers!!!

SB = Saints > Chargers

Go Steelers!!!

I'd throw a $100 on both teams if you're that confident. The Chargers are at 11/1 and the Saints are at 16/1. I'd do it for sure if I had such a strong feeling myself and the teams had decent odds like that.

Tampa Bay is taking it all (my dark horse pick)

You might have a different outlook on that if you lived locally.
Easy schedule last year. One of best D players a problem and probably getting shipped off.
Beating only 1 winning team last season.
And a tough division. 7 wins tops in my opinion.

Easy schedule last year. One of best D players a problem and probably getting shipped off.

Ruud is going to be gone too it looks like, right?

Ruud is going to be gone too it looks like, right?

Not sure on Ruud yet, but if Talib is still there I would be surprised. Tremendous young talent, but just a complete moron and trouble with the law almost every single year dating back since he was a freshman in college.

Not sure on Ruud yet, but if Talib is still there I would be surprised. Tremendous young talent, but just a complete moron and trouble with the law almost every single year dating back since he was a freshman in college.

I'm not a Bucs fan, but I go to quite a few games since it's much more convenient for me to go to Ray J over FedEx Field (haha), and I certainly hope they get rid of Talib. They shouldn't have drafted him in the first place, because like you said he has always been trouble.

As for Ruud, this is from the NFC Blog on ESPN.com: "Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik didn’t flat out say free-agent linebacker Barrett Ruud is out of the picture. But he sure implied it when he started talking about the Bucs moving forward with rookie Mason Foster."

I cant blame them. While Ruud was a favorite by Bucs fans, I never thought much of him. Good tackler, but struggles dropping back to coverage past 10-12 yards and does not have the lateral speed that is needed to cover backs out of the backfield.

I cant blame them. While Ruud was a favorite by Bucs fans, I never thought much of him. Good tackler, but struggles dropping back to coverage past 10-12 yards and does not have the lateral speed that is needed to cover backs out of the backfield.

Pretty big deal in a Cover 2 defense too.

Hmm did not know that. Oh well, gonna have to stick with it. Anyway, it only takes 7 wins to get into the playoffs (maybe they can move to the West and put Seattle in the South for the season then Seattle would have a great shot at Luck). :D

Noel Devine signed with the Eagles. He was one of the most amazing high school players I've ever seen. If you want to see some crazy runs check out his high school highlight tape.

Just read on ESPN that the Jets are considering Asomugha to team him with Revis.. they be tough in the pass defense.

Just read on ESPN that the Jets are considering Asomugha to team him with Revis.. they be tough in the pass defense.

Who will make the most money. If they pay him more than Revis, expect whining.

Kevin

Kevin

I agree, I don't see it. I still say he goes to the Texans!

Kevin

There are rumors he'd be willing to take a slight discount to play in NY. I hope he ends up in Washington!!!!

Sounds like Hasselback is gone from Seattle. I wonder if anyone will pick him up.
Vikings looking at McNabb is odd to me.
I like that the Bengals aren't going to trade Palmer according to the owner.

I think the Superbowl Champs this year will come from the NFC South (except not the Panthers) or it will be the Steelers.

Why? They need a stop gap while Ponder learns the ropes. OC is a west coast disciple. Plus he's best buds with Shanny in DC so he can maybe squeeze them on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back