Journey to Break 85

Thanks, Yoc. I'm looking forward to getting out on the longer courses this weekend! Hoping to just keep it under 90. I feel like that is a reasonable goal.

I see that happening dude. Youve got this.

Thanks, Yoc. I'm looking forward to getting out on the longer courses this weekend! Hoping to just keep it under 90. I feel like that is a reasonable goal.

Thanks buddy. It was a par 66 at 5300 yards, so it's not like I really shot an 80, but it was as well as I've ever played. Except for the putting.

Don't take anything from yourself bro...80 is an 80 in my book.

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Really, it doesn't matter anyway. I just want to hit the ball and have it go in the direction I'm aiming most of the time. It's really a lot more fun that way. haha

Ed Zachary. 80 is an 80 and its a great score.

Don't take anything from yourself bro...80 is an 80 in my book.

Really, it doesn't matter anyway. I just want to hit the ball and have it go in the direction I'm aiming most of the time. It's really a lot more fun that way. haha

That's the way to look at it man...I love it. Me+ you+ yoccos= cool mofos

Thanks buddy. It was a par 66 at 5300 yards, so it's not like I really shot an 80, but it was as well as I've ever played. Except for the putting.

an 80 is an 80 for sure, keep up the solid ball striking!

That's the way to look at it man...I love it. Me+ you+ yoccos= cool mofos

This is true. And that Ed Zachary guy.

This is true. And that Ed Zachary guy.

I don't know him...but, can we add the guy who started the golf or marriage thread to the cmf club?

Lol. Ed Zachary = Exactly. Sound it out. "Your face looks ed zachary like a butt"

thats a helluva score Hawk. Im telling you that driver isnt far behind. What been the most important step for you?? What bag set up did you end up using?[/QUOTE]

I was sort of tipsy and having a hard time keeping my thoughts together last night, so I just quit posting and went to bed.

I used my normal set up. It will be that way for awhile. I emailed Adams about the two irons, but they haven't responsded. Until then, I don't really have anything to change. Adding the second 3W was sort of joke, but I did think about it.

Lol. Ed Zachary = Exactly. Sound it out. "Your face looks ed zachary like a butt"

I feel bad for this Ed Zachary. I'd hate it if my face looked like a butt.

I gots jokes! I'd carry 2 3w's in a heartbeat if it meant more fairways and more chicks.

thats a helluva score Hawk. Im telling you that driver isnt far behind. What been the most important step for you?? What bag set up did you end up using?[/QUOTE]

I was sort of tipsy and having a hard time keeping my thoughts together last night, so I just quit posting and went to bed.

I used my normal set up. It will be that way for awhile. I emailed Adams about the two irons, but they haven't responsded. Until then, I don't really have anything to change. Adding the second 3W was sort of joke, but I did think about it.

I feel bad for this Ed Zachary. I'd hate it if my face looked like a butt.

I actually hit the 5h yesterday, which was the first time in awhile. Hit a green with it and it was pretty. Still, I don't think I really need a 3,4,5 set up.

I actually hit the 5h yesterday, which was the first time in awhile. Hit a green with it and it was pretty. Still, I don't think I really need a 3,4,5 set up.

all you need is a 5h and a putter.

Its all about what you feel more confident with. I can't wait to have that setup. But again it's just what I hit better.

all you need is a 5h and a putter.

I may have been better off without the putter. I could have probably used the hybrid more effectively on the green as badly as I as lagging them.

Its all about what you feel more confident with. I can't wait to have that setup. But again it's just what I hit better.

Really, it's just because I'm not using them. I like all three clubs and hit them fine, but at least one of them is a bit redundant.

Longer course today - 6,200 something, which is my comfortable distance. 47/45 for a 92. Not great, but that included only one blowup. The front would have been alright, but I carded a quad on hole nine due to a pull into some thistles/tall grass. Instead of being smart, I decided to go for it and paid dearly.

Felt good. I know it sounds halfa$$ed, but 92 with a blowup like that tells me a lot about where I'm at. Had a streak with a few doubles on the back, but closed out with three straight pars. Hit 6 or 7 GIR today? That's probably as many or more than I've ever hit. I feel like it's close and I'm starting to not suck. Well, not really suck.

Thank you for the recap Hawk. You're very close and you don't suck at all!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

What courses do you play Yoccos?

Hey Redlyne for awhile I was playing Superstition Springs. Now I just kind of wander. Last few courses I've play have been Ken McDonald, Dobson Ranch, Vistal, and some other course in the West Valley haha.

What courses do you play Yoccos?

Longer course today - 6,200 something, which is my comfortable distance. 47/45 for a 92. Not great, but that included only one blowup. The front would have been alright, but I carded a quad on hole nine due to a pull into some thistles/tall grass. Instead of being smart, I decided to go for it and paid dearly.

Felt good. I know it sounds halfa$$ed, but 92 with a blowup like that tells me a lot about where I'm at. Had a streak with a few doubles on the back, but closed out with three straight pars. Hit 6 or 7 GIR today? That's probably as many or more than I've ever hit. I feel like it's close and I'm starting to not suck. Well, not really suck.

6-7 GIR is solid, a few strokes here and there like you said, and your at mid 80's easy

Thanks, Mike.

It was a weird weekend. I was supposed to play at TPC Deere Run yesterday, but the family's plans changed and it didn't work out. Instead, I played in the morning in a downpour. That wasn't really so awesome.

Thursday - Played good
Friday - Played bad
Saturday - Played good
Sunday - Played bad.

The one thing that I noticed is that I played bad at the same course both times, but fine at the others. The course I sucked at is tough on me and doesn't really suit my eye. I'm staying away from there for awhile.

I'm not furious here. You Hawk?

Yeah, don't go back if its a trouble spot for you. Wait till you're feeling it then go shred it.

On that note, I was just thinking how fun golf is to play on courses that aren't overly difficult. I like a challenge, but sometimes I get annoyed by the courses around here. The one I mentioned earlier is so cool in theory, but in reality it's just a PIA. Trees everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a level lie anywhere on the course. The ball always seems to be above your feet.

The course DonW and I played on Saturday was really fun. It had trees and elevation changes, but you still had a reasonable shot if you missed. Perfect example was on hole 2 for me: An overcooked draw off the tee put me in the rough/some trees on the left side about 160 out. However, there weren't 5 million trees, so I didn't have to punch out. I was able to risk hitting a 6 iron over them, which I did and ended up on the green. I got there the hard way, but at least I had an option other than a 2 foot screamer with the hybrid.

I'm not furious here. You Hawk?

Yeah, don't go back if its a trouble spot for you. Wait till you're feeling it then go shred it.

Never furious here. Sometimes I'm a bit dejected in here, but there is no anger in this thread.

Back