Android Phone Thread

iphone 6 when it comes out with the OEM approved bigger screen, bro hehe...

But thats like next year sometime. I cant wait.

Im not a huge fan of the Samsung phones, but their new line is awesome. Now HTC phones....Sign me up.

I agree with you. Samsung phones scream cheap plastic but you cant argue with the specs of the Galaxy S II. I wish HTC would slim thier phones down a bit because I think they make superior hardware. Maybe that why its not as thin.

But thats like next year sometime. I cant wait.

I agree with you. Samsung phones scream cheap plastic but you cant argue with the specs of the Galaxy S II. I wish HTC would slim thier phones down a bit because I think they make superior hardware. Maybe that why its not as thin.

I really like the form factor of the EVO. But it does need an extended battery. You get used to it though.

I really like the form factor of the EVO. But it does need an extended battery. You get used to it though.

I actually do too but no EVO on att so no EVO for OEM.

I actually do too but no EVO on att so no EVO for OEM.

Yeah, that part sucks. I really what HTC is doing here and am excited to see what they have coming to other carriers late this year. Their phones are incredibly spec'd out. I mean the EVO is like 2 years old now and still at the top of the game.

get the Skydroid APP

get the Skydroid APP

great gps for golf!

download your course, no fees, ever. cost me $1.99!!

Yeah, that part sucks. I really what HTC is doing here and am excited to see what they have coming to other carriers late this year. Their phones are incredibly spec'd out. I mean the EVO is like 2 years old now and still at the top of the game.

HTC is amazing. I had the G1 for two years and coming up on the one year anniversary with the G2. Ive never had any problems with either phone.

I am using the Motorola Atrix currently, great phone I love it. Never going back to iPhone. I also got the Motorola XOOM tab to match, very handy unit not sure if it will replace my netbook yet but it has its own uses.

I currently use a TMobile MyTouch which is android, and its definitely past its useful life... I'm thinking of going after this bad boy:

http://htc.t-mobile.com/sensation

I LOVE android that's for sure, I'd like the HD2 if this one doesn't work out but being a TMobile customer I'll avoid the HD7 even though the phone itself is better, I can't game a windows based phone.

Anyone get their hands on the HTC Sensation?

Its kinda nuts dude. I still like it.

I'm about to switch to a Droid based phone so just now starting to do the research. This thread has been very helpful. Blackberry just can't keep up. My new vehicle has Onstar and the word I am getting is that they are not in a hurry to make the mobile app compatible with Blackberry any time soon and I intend on staying anti-apple as long as I can. lol

I was a die hard Blackberry fan, but went with an android this time and can't ever see going back now. My Thunderbolt is huge, but does everything I want and more.

I was a die hard Blackberry fan, but went with an android this time and can't ever see going back now. My Thunderbolt is huge, but does everything I want and more.

You get used to the size. My HTC EVO is bigger than any phone I've ever had, but it's pretty thin. I've gotten used to the size, and like the bigger display!

You get used to the size. My HTC EVO is bigger than any phone I've ever had, but it's pretty thin. I've gotten used to the size, and like the bigger display!

I hope your right, I like the screen size for sure, but bought the leather pocket that hooks to my belt and won't wear it now. It looks like a man purse, haha

Anyone on here having stability problems with the Epic 4g? Mine has been force closing apps a lot and just running very slowly lately. I'm getting pretty frustrated with it and was wondering if anyone else was having problems. I'm running 2.2.

I have the Android HTC Thunderbolt. Love the 4g, hate the battery. This may be the best cell phone ever tethered to a wall socket. Seriously. The battery life is that bad. I downloaded an app to trace the power use. Over 80% of the drain is the display. Other than toning down the brightness level, not much left to improve the life. If you can, pass on HTC until they improve the battery situation.

Cheers!

I´ve got a Huawei X5 from work, so its free and boy it sucks big time. Stay away from it! I skimmed the thread so I have no idea if anybody mentioned the Huawei earlier.

The IT guys are considering sending all the phones back, B/c they just don´t work and there´s issues with sound on almost every third phone.

I have the Android HTC Thunderbolt. Love the 4g, hate the battery. This may be the best cell phone ever tethered to a wall socket. Seriously. The battery life is that bad. I downloaded an app to trace the power use. Over 80% of the drain is the display. Other than toning down the brightness level, not much left to improve the life. If you can, pass on HTC until they improve the battery situation.

Cheers!

No doubt about it. Mine can make it through a very slow 18 running a golf app, but only if it goes in fully charged and then its needing plugged right back in. I charge several times a day when in the truck. Its great having that huge display, but comes at a trade off.

Anyone on here having stability problems with the Epic 4g? Mine has been force closing apps a lot and just running very slowly lately. I'm getting pretty frustrated with it and was wondering if anyone else was having problems. I'm running 2.2.

Yes! I have the Epic 4g and lately it's been running SO slow! It's painful at times. I have been doing a lot more battery pulls. I am not force closing apps, but the entire phone is just freezing up on me and it keeps trying to switch the display to landscape view. I have to shake it to go back to normal.

Yeah my EVO 3D randomly loses connection to Sprint. I need to take it back. Problem is not sure what else to go with. It's almost overly senstive. Haven't found a way to adjust it.

Yeah my EVO 3D randomly loses connection to Sprint. I need to take it back. Problem is not sure what else to go with. It's almost overly senstive. Haven't found a way to adjust it.

That's weird! Maybe it needs a pretty case like the iPhone 4 so it can get service.

Hahahahah. That would be hilarious. I still love the apps though. I just need it to not cut out. What if Nicole Scherzinger calls? Ill totally miss out.

That's weird! Maybe it needs a pretty case like the iPhone 4 so it can get service.

Hahahahah. That would be hilarious. I still love the apps though. I just need it to not cut out. What if Nicole Scherzinger calls? Ill totally miss out.

Well that is totally unacceptable!

I am actually looking forward to upgrading my phone. Of course there really isn't anything new being offered by Sprint right now, except the 3D phone. I liked JB's HTC but I had having to learn a new interface (is that what the screen is called?)

Back