Nicklaus ML4 Driver - Forum Testing Review

@WMac: Welcome back Coach! lol I hope you've had fun in your new role. Glad to hear things are still going well with the ML4. :-0

@JMan: Thanks! I look forward to picking up the ML4 Friday. By the way, I got a laugh out of what you did with your signature. :)

Gona do a shaft fitting this weekend, can't wait

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

ML4 Update

I hit 9 of 12 fairways, and missed two fairways by less than a foot. I now have a new shaft (Harrison Eclipse), as well as the Harrison Shotmaker. I don't know if it was that combination, if I was just swinging it particularly well today, or a combination of the two. Another contributing factor could have been the the forgiveness attributes of the ML4. It was my first time playing the ML4 with the Eclipse and Shotmaker. None of my tee shots were exceptionally long, but putting 11 of 12 tee shots in play contributed to shooting a 77. My other two tee shots were with a 5-wood, which I also put in play.

The club builder who installed the Eclipse and Shotmaker was very impressed with the ML4.

Jman, you'll be happy to know I took the sticker off the sole of the club as it was starting to peel off. lol

ML4 Update

I hit 9 of 12 fairways, and missed two fairways by less than a foot. I now have a new shaft (Harrison Eclipse), as well as the Harrison Shotmaker. I don't know if it was that combination, if I was just swinging it particularly well today, or a combination of the two. Another contributing factor could have been the the forgiveness attributes of the ML4. It was my first time playing the ML4 with the Eclipse and Shotmaker. None of my tee shots were exceptionally long, but putting 11 of 12 tee shots in play contributed to shooting a 77. My other two tee shots were with a 5-wood, which I also put in play.

The club builder who installed the Eclipse and Shotmaker was very impressed with the ML4.

Jman, you'll be happy to know I took the sticker off the sole of the club as it was starting to peel off. lol

BOOM! lol

Honestly, that was always my main concern with the sticker, even more so than the look.

One damn fine round Sean!!! The Eclipse is a smooooooooth shaft and I'm a firm believer in the Shotmaker. Combined with the already forgiving ML4 like you said, its a heckuva pairing.

As I type this I'm actually finishing grinding out the busted RIP in mine as the Harrison Saga came in today....yum!

BOOM! lol

Honestly, that was always my main concern with the sticker, even more so than the look.

One damn fine round Sean!!! The Eclipse is a smooooooooth shaft and I'm a firm believer in the Shotmaker. Combined with the already forgiving ML4 like you said, its a heckuva pairing.

As I type this I'm actually finishing grinding out the busted RIP in mine as the Harrison Saga came in today....yum!

Thanks Jman! I knew you'd be especially pleased about the sticker. You've been very patient with me. lol

You got that Saga fast! It's nice to know your ML4 will soon be back in play. I'll be curious to hear how it matches up with the ML4 and the Shotmaker. :)

Thanks Jman! I knew you'd be especially pleased about the sticker. You've been very patient with me. lol

You got that Saga fast! It's nice to know your ML4 will soon be back in play. I'll be curious to hear how it matches up with the ML4 and the Shotmaker. :)

Ken at Victory Custom always takes care of me in a hurry, even came tip prepped and cut down already, he knows me well. Sitting and curing in the corner now hehe

As much as I loved the RIP I've always been fond of the feel of the Saga, this was the first shaft that I ever "upgraded" myself in my OOOOOLD 4DX Draw I used to play...and the ML4 is 100x that head...I cannot wait!

Ken at Victory Custom always takes care of me in a hurry, even came tip prepped and cut down already, he knows me well. Sitting and curing in the corner now hehe

As much as I loved the RIP I've always been fond of the feel of the Saga, this was the first shaft that I ever "upgraded" myself in my OOOOOLD 4DX Draw I used to play...and the ML4 is 100x that head...I cannot wait!
I've heard good things about Ken, Jman.

If the ML4 is sitting and curing now, it'll be ready to go tomorrow! The 4DX was a good driver so the Saga should be a great match with the ML4. :)

ML4 Update

Great round Sean! I would have loved to have been able to demo an ML4 when I was looking for drivers it sure sounds like a good one.

Buahahaha, just installed a Red GP VDR and cut the hole in the butt for the Shotmaker installation and butt-cap. Cannot wait to get out with it this week!

Also I really need to thank Nicklaus golf again, I've been so busy being amazed by the driver I know that I truly have not thanked them enough for this opportunity, it has so far not only been enjoyable but its been a true eye-opener. So, THANK YOU!!!!

ML4 Update

I hit 11 of 12 fairways today. I hit a couple off the heel and still managed to find the fairway. The one miss was a good shot, but my home course is extremely tight and unforgiving. Any other golf course and I would have been fine. I don't hit it as far as Jman, Matty, and Wmac, but the ML4 continues to impress with it's forgiveness, sound and feel. It makes the game easier when you stand on the tee box feeling confident that you'll find the fairway with your tee shot. The ML4/Harrison Eclipse/Harrison Shotmaker is proving to be a real winner.

ML4 Update

I hit 11 of 12 fairways today. I hit a couple off the heel and still managed to find the fairway. The one miss was a good shot, but my home course is extremely tight and unforgiving. Any other golf course and I would have been fine. I don't hit it as far as Jman, Matty, and Wmac, but the ML4 continues to impress with it's forgiveness, sound and feel. It makes the game easier when you stand on the tee box feeling confident that you'll find the fairway with your tee shot. The ML4/Harrison Eclipse/Harrison Shotmaker is proving to be a real winner.

Good stuff Sean. I really believe in the shotmaker, combine it with the already awesome ML4 and its just crazy to wrap your head around how good it really is unless you swing it.

Good stuff Sean. I really believe in the shotmaker, combine it with the already awesome ML4 and its just crazy to wrap your head around how good it really is unless you swing it.
Agreed Jman. I'm also glad to see your Saga and ML4 have joined up. :)

ML4 Update

Glad its working out for ya Sean

Glad to see that this driver is still treating you good. Like the Boccieri driver, it's a shame these clubs aren't more accessible for testing without having to buy one.

ML4 Update

11 out of 12 is great! Sure sounds like a winning combo.

Glad to see that this driver is still treating you good. Like the Boccieri driver, it's a shame these clubs aren't more accessible for testing without having to buy one.
I agree. Every golf store I go to I check to see if the ML4 is available and I haven't found it yet.

11 out of 12 is great! Sure sounds like a winning combo.
So far so good BamBoo...I hope I can keep it up.

I agree. Every golf store I go to I check to see if the ML4 is available and I haven't found it yet.
I have found a lot of 'golden bear' stuff at a local store (Dunhams), but very few top line 'Nicklaus' clubs. If they had an ML4, I'd probably buy it just to try it for myself.

So far so good BamBoo...I hope I can keep it up.

I bet you will, you're in the zone man!

Sean, it sounds like you are a fairway machine right now. Wowzers!

ML4 Update

I hit 9 of 12 fairways today. Two I missed were barely in the rough and the other tee shot actually hit the left side of the fairway and bounced left into the hazard (it was a straight shot...I have no idea how it kicked left. As I've said previously, my home course is very unforgiving). My one miss was a bit of a pop up, but I still got some distance out of the shot and it went straight. I carded a 79.

The ML4 inspires confidence when I step up to the tee box, which probably helps explain why I've been able to find so many fairways. This club is a true gem and has it all: a traditional look, sound, feel, forgiveness, and distance. I've tested a variety of balls from the ProV1x, to the Penta, to the E6, and RXS, as well as some others, and the ML4 performs great with them all.

ps: I'll be away until next week so won't have any updates until then. Cheers. :)

Hit 4 of 6 fairways, a lot of lay UPS as the course is tough

Long drive - 263
Short drive 239

Slight fade , only sliced one, i been working on bringing the flight down, I am gona end up reshafting so I can bring the flight down, had a shaft fitting but couldn't make it
The face cleans up so easy, still looks new, and I'm still loving the sound, can't wait until the reshaft, I'm gona love This driver even more

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Back