Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to get off your little pee pee first man....lol

What in the heck?!! This is like 10 threads now where I am being ridiculed. I will get you all!!!!

I did TT.....I ended up with new irons and pondered ne shafts to put in thos irons. When I decided on what shafts I was going to get for the irons I pondered putting the same shafts in my wedges for continuity sake. I had tested the KBS Hi-Revs in the PING Tour- S wedges and really liked them and thought it'd be a natural progression. Now whenever I hit irons and wedges the feeling is relatively the same which for a player like me who is more feel than technique means a lot to me.

Hey Hanks,

Did you get rid of your Spinners from your Mizuno wedges? what happend? please tell us...

What do you guys think of CG15s with DG Spinners? I am trying to figure out if it is worth the $450 for 3 wedges

What do you guys think of CG15s with DG Spinners? I am trying to figure out if it is worth the $450 for 3 wedges

Great wedge, but I don't care for the spinner shaft. Like it on partial shots but not on full shots.

Edit, you should be able to find those wedges much cheaper.

--
tapatalk

Got to roll the Ping Anser #5 tonight. Oh my what a putter! A face balanced Anser, has to be one of the best I've ever felt. I definitely don't need another putter but damn.

--
tapatalk

I use one with the Spinner shaft and like it quite a bit.

Got to roll the Ping Anser #5 tonight. Oh my what a putter! A face balanced Anser, has to be one of the best I've ever felt. I definitely don't need another putter but damn.

--
tapatalk

I wants it! Got fitted for a Ping putter last week, just don't know where to get one - plus the cost....oh and I already have a SeeMore and Custom Scotty Mil-Spec :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.791801,174.712029
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great wedge, but I don't care for the spinner shaft. Like it on partial shots but not on full shots.

Edit, you should be able to find those wedges much cheaper.

--
tapatalk

Agreed. Better on 1/2 shots etc but not always the best on full ones

---
- ^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

you need to get off your little pee pee first man....lol

I did TT.....I ended up with new irons and pondered ne shafts to put in thos irons. When I decided on what shafts I was going to get for the irons I pondered putting the same shafts in my wedges for continuity sake. I had tested the KBS Hi-Revs in the PING Tour- S wedges and really liked them and thought it'd be a natural progression. Now whenever I hit irons and wedges the feeling is relatively the same which for a player like me who is more feel than technique means a lot to me.

Dang Hanks,

I'm loving your current setup now. I could switch bags with you and be a happy camper, although I do love me the DG Spinners in the Mizzies.

And while we're here in the pondering thread, I hit the new G20 driver at GG, and that's a really solid stick.

It looks a lot like the K15, which is confidence inspiring to me, but it maybe had a little more giddy-up in it, and a butt load of forgiveness.

I don't think the Williams needs to be nervous, but it had me at least thinking about things a little bit....

Dang Hanks,

I'm loving your current setup now. I could switch bags with you and be a happy camper, although I do love me the DG Spinners in the Mizzies.

I still have the Spinners....just in case I need to switch but with how well my wedge game is now I'm not sure if a switch is needed any time soon.

We will have to compare notes on the G20 soon....it's the one stick that could knock the k15 out if my bag. Especially after seeing your thoughts on it which is what I was hoping for

---
- ^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I agree on the G20. Hit the 9.5 and 10.5 on the range today. The 9.5 was just falling out of the air and significantly shorter than I typically hit the ball. It was also a slice machine, which exaggerates my natural fade. The 10.5 was a different story entirely, nice high power fades, slightly longer than I typically carry the ball and forgiving across the face. I couldn't believe they were the same driver with just a proported 1 degree difference in loft. Both had the same shaft BTW. I'll try the 10.5 out again on Friday and see if it holds up.

I'm back to pondering a new putter. I went to PGATSS today and I think I finally found "the one" that turns me from going cheap and used. It's a Ping Scottsdale Half Pipe, but the only problem is that it's got the elastomer insert and I loathe those polymer inserts since my Odyssey wore out and got "mushie" after only one season a few years back. I wish they made it without the insert, or even with the iN insert that I have a fantastic feel for, but don't like any offerings in that line.

I'm back to pondering a new putter. I went to PGATSS today and I think I finally found "the one" that turns me from going cheap and used. It's a Ping Scottsdale Half Pipe, but the only problem is that it's got the elastomer insert and I loathe those polymer inserts since my Odyssey wore out and got "mushie" after only one season a few years back. I wish they made it without the insert, or even with the iN insert that I have a fantastic feel for, but don't like any offerings in that line.

That's cool you are into the Half Pipe. I was rolling the Scottsdale Answer 2 today at lunch today and loved the feel of it.

Never really learned how to use a FW. Had a G10 4w for a while, but it's got a weird shaft and is just sitting in the bagroom. Gave up on reading my way to enlightenment, and demo'ing stuff will only tell you so much. So decided to go all in and get 3,5 and 7w G15's. Find out for myself what works. Might ditch them all again and go with hybrids, but atleast I'd have given it a try. Then again could save a few bucks and go 4w, 7w. Any thoughts?
(definitely want a 7w, always wanted to try one)

Also picking up a K15 driver btw.

Going to be revamping my bag in the near future. Going to get fitted for new irons next week. I am also trying to decide whether to try to salvage some money out of a bad purchase by getting my driver reshafted, or just write it off as sunk cost and buy a new driver.

Going to be revamping my bag in the near future. Going to get fitted for new irons next week. I am also trying to decide whether to try to salvage some money out of a bad purchase by getting my driver reshafted, or just write it off as sunk cost and buy a new driver.

Interesting note about the driver.

I have a 910D2, and was missing so many fairways. Had the Aldila RIP S in it.

Went and it fitted thinking I'd be moving to an R11, but they put the Kai'Li S in there and boy what a difference.

Played twice with it and have improved from about 15% fairways to 42% the last two rounds. And it feels so much nicer, the amount of feedback I get is awesome. So don't discount a reshaft rather than a new club altogether.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.791899,174.711992
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping I can get away with reshafting, we'll see what my fitter has to say. It doesn't seem too many people like the Cobra ZL anyway, but spending 100 on a shaft is alot better than spending 300 on a driver plus maybe another 100 on a shaft.

pondering a new driver shaft.....I'd like to lower my launch angle a bit and a shaft change may help

I am pondering the TM 11 Rescue club.. 21 degree..

And then I'll be pondering what the heck to do with my time now that I've completely flipped my bag this year.

I am pondering the TM 11 Rescue club.. 21 degree..

And then I'll be pondering what the heck to do with my time now that I've completely flipped my bag this year.
I've been thinking about either that or the 23.5. I don't need one, but I haven't gamed a hybrid in awhile. I just want to try one.

Thinking about the same thing I think about every day...new irons, specifically the Burner 2.0's.

Go for it!

Ive hit them at the store, have demo'd them out on the course. Love these irons. Not sure why I havent pulled the trigger yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back