The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!!! 5 Hour energy's are the best, I prolly (where's bridges?) have one a day in the afternoon. Now they know our secret weapon DD.

Haha, oops! They are prety good though.

John Deere Tappin...

That is an excellent point. I hope rigamortis doesnt start to set in while you wait.

I think it did for the colonel the minute he saw The Belbs on the range. I think they will slow play it anyway. So JRod and I will have a nice relaxing time. I will bring board games to the course like Risk and Monopoly to play in our cart as we wait for the giants of the tee box to play.

What in the hell is yoccos going on about? I'll talk golf equipment with you bro. I just don't know if you're ready for RXT's dude. It's like swinging Zelda's sword or something.

I think it did for the colonel the minute he saw The Belbs on the range. I think they will slow play it anyway. So JRod and I will have a nice relaxing time. I will bring board games to the course like Risk and Monopoly to play in our cart as we wait for the giants of the tee box to play.

Thats a good idea, who likes Backgammon? Risk is the best, but I can see some fights breaking out after a teammate takes Yirkust and he said he would leave Europe alone.

They won't slow play you. I've tried, it doesn't work. I can't wait to dispose of puttin4double and 3Jack-T so I can turn around and watch you guys put on a clinic.

Thats a good idea, who likes Backgammon? Risk is the best, but I can see some fights breaking out after a teammate takes Yirkust and he said he would leave Europe alone.

Their transparency will not work since we have Risk. It takes hours to play that game and it is the slow play cryptonite.

Ill be your Johnny Ringo but win son. If you aint first, you're last.

He is. TC wont chat Tour X irons with me. That got me angry. ANGRY. He is lucky I wont see him Sunday. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Im going to dismantle you and leave you in shambles just like Travis Pastrana crashing in another X-Games failed jump.

Haha. I'm just rambling. Extremely angry today.

What in the hell is yoccos going on about? I'll talk golf equipment with you bro. I just don't know if you're ready for RXT's dude. It's like swinging Zelda's sword or something.

Dont forget to bring a picnic too. Might as well have a nice relaxing lunch.

Their transparency will not work since we have Risk. It takes hours to play that game and it is the slow play cryptonite.

Very good point, might be easier to get conquerclub on our smart phones.

And how will you do that????? I'm a lot more better than you would think. I can get under TC's skin better than anyone. I don't golf, I talk about it.

Im going to dismantle you and leave you in shambles just like Travis Pastrana crashing in another X-Games failed jump.

And how will you do that????? I'm a lot more better than you would think. I can get under TC's skin better than anyone. I don't golf, I talk about it.

Nah, you just want to lick and wear my skin. Big difference.

Im going to bring burritos and taquitos. Throw them at you in your backswing.

Very good point, might be easier to get conquerclub on our smart phones.

I expect slow play from them. Heck, speed golf is slow play in my opinion...hehe
Between that and looking for their balls off the tee, the secret weapon (that is what TH calls JRod) will just get dialed in.

I think your secret weapon will just be putting the ball and having it go in the hole.

I expect slow play from them. Heck, speed golf is slow play in my opinion...hehe
Between that and looking for their balls off the tee, the secret weapon (that is what TH calls JRod) will just get dialed in.

Secret weapon is going to be awesome down there. Very good point about all time "the belbs" and biggsy will spend looking for their balls, plus when they find them its going to be that tough choice as their playing the 3rd hole, "do you want to play the ball thats in the left rough of 1 or the ball in the hazard on 4?" Meanwhile, JB takes South America with a deft strategy.

Secret weapon is going to be awesome down there. Very good point about all time "the belbs" and biggsy will spend looking for their balls, plus when they find them its going to be that tough choice as their playing the 3rd hole, "do you want to play the ball thats in the left rough of 1 or the ball in the hazard on 4?" Meanwhile, JB takes South America with a deft strategy.

hehe. That was funny.
Looking for balls or not, it will be slower than I am used to, but I dont think it will bother me. JRod and myself have a planned time killer of our own. Its called laughter (at their strategy sessions).

I think there are a bunch of questions each golfer will have to answer on their own on MC week. Will anyone tire themselves out playing a bunch of practice rounds Mon-Thurs or hit too many range balls on Friday (see Demo Day Syndrome). Saturday and Sunday are both going to be tests in different ways. Saturday morning, the nerves will be flowing at the start. As individuals work through those or hit bad shots, how does the teammate interaction go? Saturday afternoon, the nerves will be lessened, but new partner interaction (particularly without the forgiveness of the morning scramble) and fatigue may start setting in...36 holes in that weather will be tough. Sunday is again a different animal. No partners to rely on and how well (or smartly) does everyone recover from Saturday. Add into that the dynamic of what the team scores are after Day 1.

Very interesting dynamics beyond your average events.

I love hearing about matchups.
People are starting to get excited.
Clay's voice changed 3 tones higher when he picked the Paradisians (rumors about why are just that, rumors)
First two matchups are listed, the singles are all that is left....Very interesting.

Not that I wasn't excited before this, but I'm getting even more excited because the tournament is getting closer. I think that the morning match that I'm in will be a pretty close match, so it's nice that ddec and I have already gotten together to play golf together because we know each other's game now. In the afternoon session, TC and DD are going to be a strong team to go against, but I think that belbin and I will mesh well with our games and personalities. One thing I'm pretty sure about in the afternon match: I'll be hitting the first approach shot on almost every hole, I'm the shortest hitter in that foursome.

Has there ever been any thought to asking the forum members what match-ups they would like to see on Sunday?

Some singles matchups have definitely been rumored and talked about. For example, some people will be very surprised if the captains don't go against one another and CG13 doesn't play me.

Risk makes me think of this: "The Ukraine? You know what the Ukraine is, it's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine..."

I think there are a bunch of questions each golfer will have to answer on their own on MC week. Will anyone tire themselves out playing a bunch of practice rounds Mon-Thurs or hit too many range balls on Friday (see Demo Day Syndrome). Saturday and Sunday are both going to be tests in different ways. Saturday morning, the nerves will be flowing at the start. As individuals work through those or hit bad shots, how does the teammate interaction go? Saturday afternoon, the nerves will be lessened, but new partner interaction (particularly without the forgiveness of the morning scramble) and fatigue may start setting in...36 holes in that weather will be tough. Sunday is again a different animal. No partners to rely on and how well (or smartly) does everyone recover from Saturday. Add into that the dynamic of what the team scores are after Day 1.

Very interesting dynamics beyond your average events.

I'm wondering about Media Day on Friday, and whether we'll get to have any practice at all or will that day be completely filled up with media obligations. If that's the case, I think that people will be well-rested from a golf standpoint for Saturday and Sunday.

hehe. That was funny.
Looking for balls or not, it will be slower than I am used to, but I dont think it will bother me. JRod and myself have a planned time killer of our own. Its called laughter (at their strategy sessions).

We will be reading their posts laughing hysterically while they wander around the course realizing 320 yard bananas might not have been such a good idea.

We will be reading their posts laughing hysterically while they wander around the course realizing 320 yard bananas might not have been such a good idea.

The Secret Weapon
That Just Happened.

The Secret Weapon
That Just Happened.

Yes it did! JRod's ready, ready to perfectly compliment your golf game. The two of you are a lethal pairing.

I don't think any of the matches on Sunday will be over thru 12 or 13, not if the match ups are good. I also don't think nerves will be too big of a factor on Sunday. I've played golf with biggsy 3 or 4 times now, we'll be comfortable. Just going at it! Love it!

Just like a regular round. Just a little fun. I'm actually looking forward to meeting some new guys and making some new friends. Should be a blast of a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back