JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP had a chance to speak to KBS Tour about their very popular line and find out what makes them unique. Check it out here.

That was a good video and helped me understand some of things I've hear people say about this line of shafts. Thanks for posting.

Such a good shaft. Kim rocks!

I think I could do some damage with these. I hope I get a chance to try them in the near future.

Good info about the way the sections are graduated!

I think the discovered some new polyimers in that dudes hair:bulgy-eyes:

Ever since I got the KBS tours in my irons last year and then went to the c-taper shaft I have fallen in love with them. I know everyone has there own opinions and thoughts about the way these shafts feel but I have never, in my 20+ years of playing, have a shaft that feels so great and gives me the ball flight I love. Greatest shaft made IMO and it doesn't hurt they're made in Boulder. :eek:)

Love those shafts!

Nice interview and I appreciate Kim taking the time to explain about what differentiates this shaft from others.

I have seen lots of love for both the C-Tapers and the KBS Tour 90's that Tadashi raves about so much. These will be another must try for me in May as I have yet to hit them.

• Admin
We will have some great info on both of those lines as well Cookie.

Love KBS. So, so, so, so good.

Great stuff JB!

We will have some great info on both of those lines as well Cookie.

Cool, thanks! Obviously I am a bit confused as to the different lines and what they offer so I will be on the lookout for those interviews.

So, are these considered the "mid-flight" shafts? I think C-Tapers are the low launching and the Tour 90's are the higher launching. Probably much more to it than I realize as I was trying to get a grasp as Freddie and I were discussing these on Monday.

As Kim said, these are a penetrating trajectory that some feel get up high. I find them to be more in line with what he describes, but mid-high would be a good description generally.

I've loved mine ever since I put them into my current iron set and wedges and hope to be able to do the same for the MC 2.0. Really good shafts

This will be a learning experience in May that I look forward to hitting the different shafts to find the one. Thanks for the interview JB

That was a great video and explained some things I didn't know about the KBS line of shafs. I'm really interested in some KBS shafts for my next iron set and will be looking out for all the info to come.

Cool, thanks! Obviously I am a bit confused as to the different lines and what they offer so I will be on the lookout for those interviews.

So, are these considered the "mid-flight" shafts? I think C-Tapers are the low launching and the Tour 90's are the higher launching. Probably much more to it than I realize as I was trying to get a grasp as Freddie and I were discussing these on Monday.

As Kim said, these are a penetrating trajectory that some feel get up high. I find them to be more in line with what he describes, but mid-high would be a good description generally.

I find I get a more penetrating trajectory with the C-taper than I did with the Tour 90's. I've always hit the ball very high, more of a balloon flight, with other shafts but the KBS has always made it more penetrating. I still hit the ball some what high but my ball flight is amazing with the KBS line and the difference in feel for me is a 180 compared to others.

I find I get a more penetrating trajectory with the C-taper than I did with the Tour 90's. I've always hit the ball very high, more of a balloon flight, with other shafts but the KBS has always made it more penetrating. I still hit the ball some what high but my ball flight is amazing with the KBS line and the difference in feel for me is a 180 compared to others.

The C-Tapers are very low spin and low launching while the KBS 90s are their highest launching shaft.

I have the KBS 90s and Tours in another set of clubs. Both offer me somethung different and both are very playable within my game. The tour does have a more piercing ball flight than the 90s but both plane out the way I like and give great feedback. I'm glad I now understand the science behind what I have grown to really admire.

This was a really cool video! I am excited to see the other videos as I am about to make the jump to KBS, just need to figure out if it will be KBS Tours or C-Tapers.

I had no idea there was so much diversity in the KBS Tour line. 5 gram intervals from 90 to 135 grams??? That's impressive! It would be down right impossible to not find a shaft that could work for everyone. Color me intrigued!!

Thanks for this JB!

Anyone know what the price of the white tours will be?i really want them in my r11 irons with a red ndmc whiteout grip. I bought the 90s in them for higher ball flight since the greens where I play are well protected and very undulated. Exactly what I hoped for with the flight. Only problem is hitting into the wind. They don't balloon but get beat up by the wind way up there. So maybe the tours are for me. I did like them in the a12 irons I hit as the stock shaft.

I have KBS tours in my irons and love them. Best feeling shaft on the market now by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever since I got the KBS tours in my irons last year and then went to the c-taper shaft I have fallen in love with them. I know everyone has there own opinions and thoughts about the way these shafts feel but I have never, in my 20+ years of playing, have a shaft that feels so great and gives me the ball flight I love. Greatest shaft made IMO and it doesn't hurt they're made in Boulder. :eek:)

Any truth to the rumor that Tim Tebow personally blesses every set of shafts that leave KBS? :)

I love my tours. I tried the 90s when I was fitted for my current irons but the flight was a bit too high, the tour were optimal. C-Taper would be too low for me. I get a perfect flight with the tour and they are the best feeling shafts I've ever hit. I used to have DG Sensicores in my old set but with the feel of the KBS Tour I don't miss the sensicore at all. They must be forged because they are buttery soft when well hit. ;)

I liked hearing that this is a shaft for a mojority of players. I have decided to change my J40 shafts to these. I am pretty excited

I liked hearing that this is a shaft for a mojority of players. I have decided to change my J40 shafts to these. I am pretty excited

I think that is a SOLID move buddy. Smoooooooooth.

Back