Barkely & Woods No Longer Friends Either

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Looks like Sir Charles isn''t going to have Tiger in his Favorite 5 any more....

As posted on espn.com by Matt Ehalt

Charles Barkley and Tiger Woods, once fast friends, haven't spoken to each other in nearly two years.

And now that Woods has parted with another of his friends, longtime caddie Steve Williams, Barkley has run out of patience.

"It's been very frustrating to watch everything that has transpired," Barkley said Wednesday on ESPN New York 1050's The Mike Lupica Show, "and getting rid of Steve Williams was probably the last straw for me."

Barkley, known for his opinionated and at times controversial takes, minced his words when speaking about Woods on Wednesday. While he wished Woods "the best" with the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational on tap for Thursday, and said he will always love Woods like a brother, Barkley said he's disappointed with Woods. He said they have not talked since Woods' infamous November 2009 car accident, which was the flashpoint for the revelations of Woods' extramarital affairs and eventual divorce.

"You think you're friends with a guy. You talk to him once a week for 15 years. You're like, this dude is my friend, we do things, we have fun together," Barkley said. "I haven't talked to him in two years and I'm wondering what the hell is going on." you're friends with a guy. ... I haven't talked to (Tiger Woods) in two years and I'm wondering what the hell is going on.

Barkley added: "I'm confused [as] to where he's going."

Barkley said he has heard the claims that he and Michael Jordan were a bad influence on Woods, but Barkley adamantly denied that he and Jordan knew details about Woods' extramarital affairs.

"It was interesting sitting back and listening and hearing me and Michael corrupted him, [yet] we knew none of this stuff was going in," Barkley said.
The absence of communication with Woods for the past two years still puzzles Barkley.

"I'm sitting back like everyone else and saying, what the hell is going on? I just feel sad, to be honest with you," Barkley said. "You're like, dude, who is around this guy, who has his back, who has his best interest, who doesn't want anything from him? I don't know why we haven't talked to him in a couple of years."

This why I wasn't surprised by the Feder/woods thread. TW has nit spoken with 95% of his inner circle from 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just like with RF...interesting, but who cares?
It's news because of who is involved on both parties.

It seems like Chuck just needs something to talk about and keep himself in the news.

Just reading this too. Poor Charles, thats just turrrable.

Tiger is a horrible friend.

when ya got 6 different women to entertain and keep track of, guy time is limited I guess

but that's all in the past thanks to Buddha so he needs to get back to awkward bro hugs and fist pumping...

Tiger is a horrible friend.

interesting..................almost like Woods is taking himself and seperating himself like on a island and saying "f you all" right?

Lol. I know when I sleep with hundreds of women and wreck a family the first people I blame are my friends.

when ya got 6 different women to entertain and keep track of, guy time is limited I guess

but that's all in the past thanks to Buddha so he needs to get back to awkward bro hugs and fist pumping...

except when they're helping you.....Exhibit A: Tiger's caddy/friend

Lol. I know when I sleep with hundreds of women and wreck a family the first people I blame are my friends.

Just reading this too. Poor Charles, thats just turrrable.
Nice!

Yoccos and I will be TW's new homeboys, won't we Yoc? We can get on his payroll like the rappers have all those posse members around getting paid to just hang out. We could be security.

Agree with ddec, who cares?

I like to watch the guy play golf...give a damn less who he is texting or hanging out with on the weekend.

and yet here you are posting in the thread hehehe

Agree with ddec, who cares?

I like to watch the guy play golf...give a damn less who he is texting or hanging out with on the weekend.

That would be amazing!!! he might get mad since I think we both could outdrive him now. We would be just amazing for him.

Nice!

Yoccos and I will be TW's new homeboys, won't we Yoc? We can get on his payroll like the rappers have all those posse members around getting paid to just hang out. We could be security.

Posse? LOL....dude that is so 2002.....that made me laugh

Nice!

Hey Tiger, call me. I like to party.

He doesn't need real friends...he'll just have nike build him some robot friends.

and yet here you are posting in the thread hehehe

It was my way of voicing my displeasure for the media even wasting their time with this crap. :D

Maybe Tiger is building a new inner circle? No one knows. But if Barkley was a bad influence, then this is probably a good move.

Isn't Tiger part Thailander? He can be our Sriracha Authority....

I think that's what got him in trouble in the first place. Too much sriracha isn't good for the chi.

And it's Thai dude, not Thailander. Thailander... there can be only one.

But if Barkley was a bad influence, then this is probably a good move.

Yeah, I have heard that Barkley, Federer and O'Meara were all bad influences on him. :D

Let me put it this way... I have seen this type of behaviour from people who have done the whole AA thing. In order to get better, you sometimes have to cut ties with many things from your old life. Perhaps cutting ties with many of the things and people of his past, Tiger is doing his best to get better at life.

I have no idea though...

Back