Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we want to provide the ultimate in unbiased feedback and what better way to do that than to have regular golfers test out products that are completely unmarked. No brand name, no side stamp, no numbers, nothing. All we will tell you is that it is a major OEM.

We sent 20 golfers some sleeves of these balls to test out. This will be the thread for their feedback. Lets keep this thread clean until people start to receive their test equipment. Thanks.

Testers
Bogey317
Mardin
Hawk
Spank818
SW
TOAD
thedue
TC
Hanks
griff
Howzat
blugold
war.eagle
bullfrog41775
arydolphin
liquid rage
Trout Bum
mdbuscher
TripleBogieTim
Chunkylover77

If you missed the signup or the rules of the testing, you can check out this thread here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Forum-Testing-Signup-Blind-Golf-Ball-Testing

Got a text from my Wife during my league tonight that I had a package waiting on me from THP! Talk about getting distracted during a round!

Anyway, took a quick video and snapped some pictures, figured I would throw those up here tonght, and then get started on my initial review and thoughts.

And the pics...
Spoiler
photo%2B1.JPG

Spoiler
photo%2B2.JPG

Spoiler
photo%2B4.JPG

Spoiler
photo%2B5.JPG

Spoiler
photo.JPG

Spoiler
photo%2B2%25281%2529.JPG

Spoiler
photo%2B3%25281%2529.JPG

Looking forward to getting these out for some short game testing tomorrow, and then a couple good rounds this weekend.

Again, a big Thanks to THP and Mystery Company for this opportunity!

Sweet! looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts. So weird seeing a ball without logos on it to be honest.

Those look pretty cool. I can't wait to hear all of the thoughts everyone has on these. Someone should try to count all of the dimples, haha.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts. So weird seeing a ball without logos on it to be honest.

It sure is. Can't wait to find out what ball it turns out to be!

Gotta love the quick Florida mail ;)

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. Should be very interesting!

Awesome! Anxiously waiting to hear your impressions of them. That's some seriously generic packing, I would be tempted to print out some labels that just read "Golf Balls" to put on them.

I'm pretty excited to see and hear everyones thoughts here, but think I'll stay away until I can post my own initial thoughts on these. Good luck everyone, gonna be a blast.

Do they spinz!?!?! :blob:

It sure is. Can't wait to find out what ball it turns out to be!

I agree, when I tested for the TM blank balls, it was just so odd to not see anything on them!

Just did some quick putting on the indoor mat, and when you are use to having a focal point on a ball, such as a logo or something to look down on, it was surely weird to stare down at something completely white.
Gotta love the quick Florida mail ;)

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. Should be very interesting!

I did not expect them to get here today, but was glad they came! Thanks postman!

GG works very hard to make sure that everything ships extremely quickly.

Yes she does.

I actually make sure the blank side of the ball is always up, so these will be quite convenient for me. Didn't even think about that!

Hey JB,

Can us testers draw alignment lines on these balls? It would be very hard for me to putt with out a line.

Or color the entire ball in black and leave one white line for your aiming.

Now that's different!

Just took these for a quick test on my indoor putting mat, it's not as sophisticated as some of the ones I've seen from people on THP, but it gets the job done for now. Video was taken quickly with the iPhone, so not sure how great the sound quality is. (EDIT: Sound is muffled a good bit, it has a much louder "click" than what you hear.)

Granted I cant get a "true" putting feel on a little indoor mat, but I was interested to see how it felt off the putter, and really wanted to hear the sound it made after impact.

Ball X has a nice feel at impact, it just had that smooth feel when making contact. It also gives that great "audible" click that most of us love to hear when putting.

I can not wait to get out tomorrow for some short game testing!

I would definitely like to know everybody's ball of choice.

Hey everybody, excuse me for not posting in this thread until I get out on the practice green and course with these. I want go out completely unbiased or with any preformed notions about the make-up of the ball.

--
tapatalk

Nice Video W.E. looking forward to hearing these reviews

I did like the sound the ball made off of the putter face w.e, and you sure have that putt down pat. :D

Nice Video W.E. looking forward to hearing these reviews

I did like the sound the ball made off of the putter face w.e, and you sure have that putt down pat. :D

LOL, yeah, I definitely have that putt down pat, if only every putt I had on the course was 7ft long, straight, and flat!

Leave the videos and pics. Loved them!

Back