If your thinking custom possibly, you might look at Piretti - http://www.pirettigolf.com/

Same price range if not cheaper than a milled DB4, and super good looking AND performing putters.
Nah, not thinking about Piretti. A little too expensive for my taste. I can find the same (or better) for less, so... Plus, if I wanted to spend that much, I might as well go for a Scotty

Seems like you really can't go wrong here to me. Although I've never meshed with TaylorMade putters, I'm aware that they work quite well for many players. But I did play a Yes Callie for a few seasons and liked it very much. I have an Odyssey Tour Black #9, different putter but same quality and similar feel I'd bet. I still have both and put them back into play from time to time.

If I were choosing, I'd probably opt for the Odyssey as I really like the look, balance, weight, and feel of it. The #2 is one of my favorite designs, I only went with the #9 for a much different look than my Yes Callie. At address, in particular.

f I were choosing, I'd probably opt for the Odyssey as I really like the look, balance, weight, and feel of it. The #2 is one of my favorite designs, I only went with the #9 for a much different look than my Yes Callie. At address, in particular.
Yeah, I've pretty much thrown out the TM. It was way too soft with my usual Pro Vs and B330s. The Callie was a little bit better, but not as good as the Odyssey. The Odyssey feels like it was just made for tour balls. It had a perfect smooth, "clicky" feel. And for $125, it's a steal.

Just for fun today, I tried out a Scotty (Studio Select Newport 2) and... oh my gosh. This thing was AMAZING. I drained 4 out of 5 from 20-25 feet, and every putt was within gimme range. And the feel is EXACTLY what I want. If it weren't for the high price, the SC would be in the bag right now.

Yeah, I've pretty much thrown out the TM. It was way too soft with my usual Pro Vs and B330s. The Callie was a little bit better, but not as good as the Odyssey. The Odyssey feels like it was just made for tour balls. It had a perfect smooth, "clicky" feel. And for $125, it's a steal.

Just for fun today, I tried out a Scotty (Studio Select Newport 2) and... oh my gosh. This thing was AMAZING. I drained 4 out of 5 from 20-25 feet, and every putt was within gimme range. And the feel is EXACTLY what I want. If it weren't for the high price, the SC would be in the bag right now.

There's no such thing as too high a price for a good putter.

Just run really quickly out of the store, they won't actually chase you down, but you won't be allowed back anytime soon.

Just run really quickly out of the store, they won't actually chase you down, but you won't be allowed back anytime soon.
Hahaha they might not chase me down... but the cops will

Also, here is the Si-4. I also have this putter. SeeMore sent a bunch out to THPers for testing. Good read of a thread.

SeeMore-Si4-Black_600.jpg

Also, here is the Si-4. I also have this putter[/IMG]

Is that an insert milled face? How do you like that compared with a regular milled face?

Is that an insert milled face? How do you like that compared with a regular milled face?

The insert has a very nice feel, to me. It isn't as soft as any of the Odyssey inserts. It is firm, but very responsive. I really liked the feel of the putter. I just hated the black head. I could never get used to it. It's one of the best putters out there, considering the price tag. There was a very large THP Testing thread. Give it a read.

The Tour Black isn't firm at all in my opinion. It is actually a lot softer than I thought it would be. And a lot softer than I like.

I agree with this. I find the face to be softer than Scotty's myself.

The insert has a very nice feel, to me. It isn't as soft as any of the Odyssey inserts. It is firm, but very responsive. I really liked the feel of the putter. I just hated the black head. I could never get used to it. It's one of the best putters out there, considering the price tag.
Which one do you prefer, the all-milled DB-4, or the insert-milled Si-4. And the RST 2 might change my mind about SeeMores, since they are now heel-shafted. And you say it's good for the price, what is that price again?

BTW, where can I demo a SeeMore putter?

Which one do you prefer, the all-milled DB-4, or the insert-milled Si-4. And the RST 2 might change my mind about SeeMores, since they are now heel-shafted. And you say it's good for the price, what is that price again?

BTW, where can I demo a SeeMore putter?

I perfer my DB-4, only because of the platinum finish. I didn't like the all black putter. The Si-4 is $180. But you get to choose any SeeMore headcover and any SeeMore grip for that price.

Where are you? I have never seen anything other than the FGBs in stores. I lucked into the Si-4.

I perfer my DB-4, only because of the platinum finish. I didn't like the all black putter. The Si-4 is $180. But you get to choose any SeeMore headcover and any SeeMore grip for that price.

Where are you? I have never seen anything other than the FGBs in stores. I lucked into the Si-4.
So do you prefer the Si-4s feel, roll, etc.? And yeah, I like the price of the Si-4. But I've also found the DB4 Gunmetal finish (which I LOVE) for under $150 so...

I live near Detroit, and the reason I ask is because I don't want to buy a putter that I've never tried before.

The difference in metals is probably the reason for that.

Yeah for sure.

I just don't see the Tour Black's getting the respect they deserve. I feel like they get over looked by a lot of people, I've mentioned them to a few people where I work who are looking for milled face putters and they only seem to recognize Scotty's being milled face. Not that I have anything against Scotty's, just think people need to realize he's not the only one putting out milled face putters.

Yeah for sure.

I just don't see the Tour Black's getting the respect they deserve. I feel like they get over looked by a lot of people, I've mentioned them to a few people where I work who are looking for milled face putters and they only seem to recognize Scotty's being milled face. Not that I have anything against Scotty's, just think people need to realize he's not the only one putting out milled face putters.
So true. I've tried so many milled putters, yet you only hear about Scottys. Not that they aren't good. In fact, I've actually completely switched my 3 choices. Now they're:
1. SC Studio Select Newport 2
2. SC Studio Style Newport 2
3. SeeMore DB4

I've tried just about every type of putter from every OEM, major and minor.

The putter for many is the most personal club in your bag and you should love the way it looks, feels and performs. Totally agree.

On the other hand, if you're a good putter, you will putt well with darn near any putter.

I've tried just about every type of putter from every OEM, major and minor.

The putter for many is the most personal club in your bag and you should love the way it looks, feels and performs. Totally agree.

On the other hand, if you're a good putter, you will putt well with darn near any putter.

Not sure I completely agree, though I do a little.

Good putters are going to be good putters, no matter what's in their hand, though certain putter shapes do fit better with certain stroke styles.

Good putters are going to be good putters, no matter what's in their hand, though certain putter shapes do fit better with certain stroke styles.

Very true. You'll still putt well with anything, but you will definitely putt better with something that works for you. Which is exactly why I decided to shop around for a deal on a Scotty (Studio Style or Select I still don't know). More of my game depends on my short game, so I can justify the money I'm plunking down on wedges and putters.

I have the TM '79 TM-110 and it feels so soft and solid off the face and it rolls really nicely. The Yes! putters (as you might know) have the C-Groove technology so it gets the ball rolling pure just like the TM. Personally I would pick either the TM or Yes!, but its all feel and everyone has different feel preferences. Pick the one that feels best to you.
I am looking to get a new putter, since the old one just quit on me

I'm looking at, and have tested, these 3:
1. Taylormade Classics 79 Daytona
2. Odyssey Tour Black #2
3. Yes! Callie

I'm just looking for any opinions, thoughts, and/or reviews on any of these putters

I have the TM '79 TM-110 and it feels so soft and solid off the face and it rolls really nicely. The Yes! putters (as you might know) have the C-Groove technology so it gets the ball rolling pure just like the TM. Personally I would pick either the TM or Yes!, but its all feel and everyone has different feel preferences. Pick the one that feels best to you.

Yeah I pretty much threw out the Taylormade and Yes!, unfortunately. My initial testing was with range balls and top-flites. When I performed a secondary test with my usual Pro V1x, they were way too mushy. That's where the Odyssey and Scotty really came through, and why I'll probably getting one of those.

So do you prefer the Si-4s feel, roll, etc.? And yeah, I like the price of the Si-4. But I've also found the DB4 Gunmetal finish (which I LOVE) for under $150 so...

I live near Detroit, and the reason I ask is because I don't want to buy a putter that I've never tried before.

No, I like the firmer feel of the DB4. I didn't mind the feel of the Si-4, I thought it was responsive for an insert. Just not as responsive as the DB4. How can you get a DB4 for under $150? That sounds like a steal. I would also looking into proper care for the CS DB4. I believe it is going to wear and rust.

I cannot disagree with you more on this.

Back