Taylormade Ghost Tour Putters

The TM is too heavy and deadens the feel of the ball. Beleive me it pains me to talk negatively about the TM family, but i just dont think they got this one right.

I think the TM is lighter compared to other putter. I will agree with you that the insert will not be for everyone. It is very soft and some may not like it. But the pure roll insert was designed with forward press/roll in mind.

I'm torn between the TM-770, TM-880, Cleveland Classic Black, and Odyssey White Ice #9....

I love the looks of the hell shafted putter, but I may roll the 770 and White Ice better than the others.

I'm torn between the TM-770, TM-880, Cleveland Classic Black, and Odyssey White Ice #9....

I love the looks of the hell shafted putter, but I may roll the 770 and White Ice better than the others.

I am going to be pulling the trigger on the TM-770 very soon. I wasn't even in the market for a new putter, but this one just looks and feels fantastic. I also putted with the TM-880 and really liked it a lot, but I am more of a face balanced putter guy. But those are all great putters. I just love how easy it is to line up the Ghost Tours, especially in the 10-15 foot range. It is money!

The 770 is the one I am looking at. On the tiny little putting green at Dicks I tried it out and liked it, as well as the Method. However, my lag putts are the ones I just can't seem to get good feel on and get a good roll on. I always seem to lose focus and end up hitting it and hearing it skid way to much, so I want to see if I can find one of these to take out on some practice greens to see how they feel on longer putts...

Anyone know if the Kia Ma Tour's will be released with no insert?

423510-think-i-saw-a-rare-kia-ma-daytona-ghost-no-insert-tour

The 880 has really started to temp me as of late, I usually have played full mallets and a cs mid mallet, for anyone who's been gaming the 880 for a while, what have your thoughts been?

The 880 is a great putter! I know a lot of people were really loving it at the Kingdom. My eye locked immediately on the 770. From the moment I saw that one (face balanced mid mallet) I was sold. The good news is it works even better than it looks!

I have to agree with you. I rolled one yesterday at Golf Galaxy and quickly realized that it wasn't for me.

Exactly my same experience. I don't think taylormade got the putter right this time.

Exactly my same experience. I don't think taylormade got the putter right this time.

It's personal preference. I don't think that Taylormade got the putter wrong and I'm sure there are a lot who agree. If you don't like a putter, it doesn't mean a company got it wrong, just means it doesn't suit your putter preferences.

If it meant that a company got a putter wrong just because I don't like them would mean that SC got it wrong.

It's personal preference. I don't think that Taylormade got the putter wrong and I'm sure there are a lot who agree. If you don't like a putter, it doesn't mean a company got it wrong, just means it doesn't suit your putter preferences.

If it meant that a company got a putter wrong just because I don't like them would mean that SC got it wrong.

I agree cause i think they got it 100% correct with the new line, much improved over last years.

I agree cause i think they got it 100% correct with the new line, much improved over last years.

Putters are all about the personal preference, no right or wrong. Some people like them some people don't.

So I thought I was decided on the daytona ghost and then I hit the method core again tonight. I am torn, these are both just really good putters for the price.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

So I thought I was decided on the daytona ghost and then I hit the method core again tonight. I am torn, these are both just really good putters for the price.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

I was in the same situation, TM-110 is Daytona style. The big thing for me was that I found the Method Core to be too heavy in the toe, though I must say I liked the Core insert, but the weight was just way too heavy in the toe for my liking. Also found the Core to be really hot, might have been able to get use to it after awhile, but I found I could not get a good feel for the speed, just way too fast off the face, but you could feel mishits better with the Core insert. Both putters had there up sides and down sides.

This is just my opinion though, the TM-110 just felt better and I found I was more consistant with my speed, but I recommend just taking an hour or so and just sitting at the store and going back and forth. Hopefully you can come to a conclusion, best of luck and either way you'll be getting a great putter.

Bought a Ionic white putter grip to put on the Ghost. Going in tomorrow to put it on. Anyone else have experiences with the white putter grip? keeping it clean, etc?

Bought a Ionic white putter grip to put on the Ghost. Going in tomorrow to put it on. Anyone else have experiences with the white putter grip? keeping it clean, etc?

just put mine on my ghost spider tonight. looks great, put some pics in the ghost spider thread. never used them before but ive only heard nice things. i don't plan on putting my grip on the green at all i usually put the headcover down first then put my grip on top of it anyway.

just put mine on my ghost spider tonight. looks great, put some pics in the ghost spider thread. never used them before but ive only heard nice things. i don't plan on putting my grip on the green at all i usually put the headcover down first then put my grip on top of it anyway.

Looks great Buck, will have to post pictures tomorrow once I get it on.

I wanted to try one because I had a firmer style grip on my old putter, then to have the stock Winn grip, it was just too soft for my liking. After doing so research, the Ionic seemed worth the money with it's amazing durability and the fact that it's not rubber, I read they we're really easy to keep clean and looking white and it not turning off white and brown.

Looks great Buck, will have to post pictures tomorrow once I get it on.

I wanted to try one because I had a firmer style grip on my old putter, then to have the stock Winn grip, it was just too soft for my liking. After doing so research, the Ionic seemed worth the money with it's amazing durability and the fact that it's not rubber, I read they we're really easy to keep clean and looking white and it not turning off white and brown.

thanks yeah i really think it looks sharp and i know a couple guys who swear by these grips. i just never really liked the grip it came with didn't feel good in my hands. I also got a black IOmic grip for an old Odyssey Black Series #1. but i havn't put it on it yet cause im gaming the Spider.

I know what you mean by just not feeling right. I found myself always adjusting my grip pressure and trying to find a comfortable hand position almost every putt.

I've been practice putting for the past week with my new TM Corza Ghost. This putter has helped me line up my putts. Before I would try and line my putt up by standing behind the putt and by the time I was standing next to the putt I lost my line. The corza has helped me line the putt up and keep the putt lined up. The three lines of the top of the putter are probably my favorite part of the putter. My second favorite part is the pure roll insert.... boy is that insert sweet.

I've been practice putting for the past week with my new TM Corza Ghost. This putter has helped me line up my putts. Before I would try and line my putt up by standing behind the putt and by the time I was standing next to the putt I lost my line. The corza has helped me line the putt up and keep the putt lined up. The three lines of the top of the putter are probably my favorite part of the putter. My second favorite part is the pure roll insert.... boy is that insert sweet.

The alignment aid is definitely great. Pure Roll is by far my favorite insert I have used in a long while.

---
- ...just tap it in...

The alignment aid is the best I've used and you don't even need the donut hole on the back. I really don't have complaints except for the fact you can't scoop the ball. It's a winner for me and it's dropped strokes off my rounds.

The alignment aid is the best I've used and you don't even need the donut hole on the back. I really don't have complaints except for the fact you can't scoop the ball. It's a winner for me and it's dropped strokes off my rounds.

That bugged me for a while, now I just tap the ball over the fringe of the green where the grass is a bit thicker, and scoop it right up with the back of the putter. Not as convenient as being able to scoop it while on the green, but it gets it done.

Got the Ionic grip put on this morning. All I can say thus far from just putting around with it on the carpet is, amazing. I've never really thought a grip could make that much of a difference, but it feels great.

I find it to be very firm, but has a soft touch to the fingers and I don't find myself adjusting my hands as much once I get set up to putt. Not only that, one little thing I noticed is that as if you're hands are wet or damp at all, it doesn't feel slippery even a small amount.

Going to get to play Monday night and I few times next week while on vacation, will have more thoughts after that, along with some pictures.

The donut hole in the back was my biggest issue with the club when I first saw it. But after rolling it a bunch of times I have completley forgot it was there. I'm rolling it for it's first round this weekend.

P.S. I enjoyed your Corza Ghost videos for the Morgan Cup biggsy!

The donut hole in the back was my biggest issue with the club when I first saw it. But after rolling it a bunch of times I have completley forgot it was there. I'm rolling it for it's first round this weekend.

P.S. I enjoyed your Corza Ghost videos for the Morgan Cup biggsy!

I rarely every pay attention to the hole on the back, and usually forget it is there. I focus in only on the 3 black lines and the ball, dont think ive ever even tried to use the hole for alignment.

Back