Sligo Wear Unveils Fall 2011 Outerwear Collection

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
SLIGO WEAR UNVEILS FALL 2011 OUTERWEAR COLLECTION INFUSED WITH BOLD COLORS AND NEW PATTERNS​

i-fn2JHBq-Th.jpg

Sligo's Outerwear Offers Golfers Stylish Protection From Any Conditions Mother Nature Dishes Out​

MISSISSAUGA, ONT — Sligo Wear, the Canada-based manufacturer and marketer of men’s trend-setting golf apparel, is set to unveil its fullest line of stylish performance outerwear to date. Infused with eye-catching color schemes and weather-tough materials, Sligo’s new outerwear offerings are a must for golfers who refuse to compromise their fashion-forward looks in cooler and adverse weather conditions, on and off the course.

The Sligo Wear Fall 2011 outerwear collection presents the trend-setting male golfer with a combination of weather-beating options that showcase the distinctive-patterning and bold colors for which Sligo has gained popularity. For the first time ever, Sligo offers golfers full protection from the elements with the Sligo Rain Jacket and Rain Pants. The new Sligo Rain Jacket boasts a waterproof, seam-sealed design for the ultimate in wet-weather protection. In addition, the Sligo Rain Jacket offers a full-zip enclosure system and an adjustable elastic cord for ensuring the proper fit and flexibility during the round. The new jacket design features dual side pockets to ensure that valuables remain safe and dry during the downpours and it is available in color choices of Black, Black Electric, City Blue, Metal and Smoke. Sligo's Rain Pants are crafted from the same waterproof materials as the jacket and feature a drawstring waist for easy on-and-off transitions during the round. The Sligo Rain Pants come in Black and coordinate well with any of the 5 Sligo Rain Jacket color choices ensuring that golfers stay stylish while staying dry. The Sligo Rain Jacket and Rain Pants each feature a retail price of $180.

i-SgkHwwc-L.jpg

In addition to Sligo's Rain Jacket and Pants, the Fall 2011 collection also boasts new options in fashion-forward pullovers consisting of four new unique designs - Matthews, Hoffland, Digitile Hoffland and Charleston, each uniquely crafted to ensure golfers' maximum fit and comfort. The uniquely styled Matthews quarter zip pullover is constructed of 100% brushed polyester providing a tremendously soft ‘hand’ and tailored fit that, together, allow golfers unmatched comfort and range of motion. The Matthews showcases a stylish cut & sew pattern on the front, back & arms and is available in stunning colors such as Black Electric, City Blue, Electric Blue, Metal, Smoke and Black. For golfers seeking a simpler, yet bold statement on the course, the Hoffland is an ideal choice. The design comes in solid colors of Metal, City Blue, and Black with the distinct Sligo logo on its left sleeve. With a stretch polyester pique fit, the pullover will form to golfers' every swing. Golfers can add some Moroccan flare to the Hoffland with the new Digitile version that comes in Black and Metal colors. The Digitile design enhances the sleeves to provide golfers with a uniquely confident presence on and off the course. For golfers that prefer more of a classic fleece look, check out the Charleston. The Charleston is a quarter zip 100% brushed polyester pullover that maintains a solid body color with a hint of a cohesive color expressed by a strip on the back. With this extraordinary range, Sligo now has a pullover tailored to every golfer’s style and at a price—$60-$90 per item—every golfer can afford.

"Cold and rainy weather on the golf course usually means golfers resort to frumpy, bulky uncomfortable clothing for warmth and protection from the elements," said Shawn Aucoin, Director of Sales – Sligo Wear. "Unfortunately, this type of gear typically results in poor swings and a less that flattering appearance as well. With Sligo's 2011 Fall outerwear selection, fashion forward golfers can beat the most severe of on-course weather, not sacrifice range of motion in their swing, and still look good doing it."

i-XxPn7pp-L.jpg

Complementing Sligo's selection of pullovers and rain gear, the new line offers the short-sleeve windshirt. The Sligo Windshirt is a stylish quarter-zip design made of technical woven polyester lycra with a breathable mesh lining for a comfortable golfing experience. In addition, the windshirt features Sligo's proprietary 4-Way Stretch fabric providing golfers with the flexibility to swing freely. The geometric color designs of the Sligo Windshirt mirror the Matthews’ look and feel and the color options of Black, City Blue, Electric Blue, Metal and Smoke coordinate seamlessly with the rest of the Fall 2011 collection. The Sligo Windshirt has a retail price of $65.

The 2011 Sligo Wear Fall Collection will be available at select golf specialty stores, premium on-course retailers and through the Sligo Wear online store beginning in August 2011. To view the entire 2011 Fall Collection of shirts, pants, shorts, outerwear, headwear and accessories visit www.sligowear.com.

I love me some Sligo!! A great company that just gets it. Love that they're expanding their outerwear lines. The 2011 line (spring and fall) has been some of the best stuff I've seen.

• Admin
I have some more pictures of their sweaters and other outerwear. If you would like more images feel free to ask.

I want some of this outer wear. Prob some of the best looking I have ever seen. I want a rain jacket

awesome!

Kind of wishing they used the smoke colour as an accent on the city or electric blue, but really great looking stuff nonetheless..

Can't wait to make a good Sligo purchase sooner rather than later.

I like that they don't do conventional solid colors for rain gear. I'd like to see these in person. I think the promotional pictures look great!

umm, the Metal windshirt is sick! These guys just put out ridiculous products.

They are absolutely fantastic I'm getting some....

Looks great, they always have colourways that are bright, but not too flashy and make you feel like an idiot wearing them, great job Sligo again. Really need to support my fellow Canadians and get me some.

I like that they don't do conventional solid colors for rain gear. I'd like to see these in person. I think the promotional pictures look great!

Love this too. I like how they're track style almost race gear styling. Freakin slick! Kudos Sligo for not settling.

Has anyone heard if golf galaxy will be carrying this line since they are doing a lot more Sligo stuff recently? That would be nice, as it will make it a lot easier to find.

Was talking with a friend this weekend who is in the know and it sounds like much of the outerwear collection will be available at Golf Galaxy. Sounds like a trip to Charlotte to visit some college friends may be in my future this fall.

awesome , might have to try some, almost pulled the trigger on a fit until i saw puma was half off

Fall line looks awesome, there was a thread on it a month or so ago.

I really like the City Blue jacket, great look

so many nice stuff coming out from Sligo. I think 2011 is really an awesome year for them. keep it going Sligo! I actually just made a haul from their Spring 2011 line. Yay!

had a few pants from them and loved them, needed more. sad to see they no longer make the bootcut style. a must for me.

Sligo fall 2011 collection is online! Now just to resist temptation for my wallets sake...

Back