Odyssey DART Putters

Yea, that makes a lot of sense, thats what I am doing now and its working much better. For me its prob mostly mental or at least one less thing to think about and its working alot better. Thanks for your reply.

I putted around with the Backstryke D.A.R.T. today for about 30 minutes at one of the local PGA Superstores. Tried all different lengths of putts as the green there is probably 30' from end to end. I really like the way that it rolls the ball. Very true and straight. I've been hinting that I want one for Father's Day so we'll see.

I putted around with the Backstryke D.A.R.T. today for about 30 minutes at one of the local PGA Superstores. Tried all different lengths of putts as the green there is probably 30' from end to end. I really like the way that it rolls the ball. Very true and straight. I've been hinting that I want one for Father's Day so we'll see.

I hope you get one dude. It's made me a better putter.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Me too. I never thought I'd go with a mallet, but I've had this putter about two weeks and I'm still really liking it.

Wow, tried the White Ice D.A.R.T. today and this is a very nice putter. I thought I would keep my Ghost for a long time and never want anything else but the DART was so easy to aim and felt like magic. I will have to give it a few more putts on different days and see if the love is still there.

Wife and the kids really came through for Fathers Day. I got the Backstryke DART. Just got back from the range and putted on the practice green for about an hour. I love it already. It rolls the ball so much smoother than my previous putter (a 15year old Odyssey Dualforce 880). I think I'm going to miss fewer short putts with it with the alignment aid and the balance weights on the toe and heel. I didn't have any pulls or pushs like I used to get with my old heel shafted blade. Can't wait to use it in a round. Going to have to get in nine after work tomorrow. (Watching US Open today).

That is one helluva present! Congrats and I hope it rolls true for you in your rounds. TC absolutely loves his!

Wife and the kids really came through for Fathers Day. I got the Backstryke DART. Just got back from the range and putted on the practice green for about an hour. I love it already. It rolls the ball so much smoother than my previous putter (a 15year old Odyssey Dualforce 880). I think I'm going to miss fewer short putts with it with the alignment aid and the balance weights on the toe and heel. I didn't have any pulls or pushs like I used to get with my old heel shafted blade. Can't wait to use it in a round. Going to have to get in nine after work tomorrow. (Watching US Open today).

I think it will :) I struggled a bit at first with the shape but now it's going to be very hard for me to ever put it down. Good luck with it and keeps us posted. I love seeing how these putters work out for others in the long run.

Wow, tried the White Ice D.A.R.T. today and this is a very nice putter. I thought I would keep my Ghost for a long time and never want anything else but the DART was so easy to aim and felt like magic. I will have to give it a few more putts on different days and see if the love is still there.

I'm happy to report that my speed issues were all green related issues and not anything with my DART Mallet putter. The last couple times out I putted beautifully with it! I love having the fact that almost every time I'm nailing my spots with my alignment. Great putter indeed!

Good to see Kuchar still rolling the DART Mallet last week at the U.S. Open, solid finish by Kuch as well.

TC, if you answered this in another thread, sorry, but how do you feel with the putter lately? I know you are playing around with a few putters, but I guess you are using this one sometimes too. I loved it at first, but have kind of hit a wall lately and almost miss a blade putter, but I think I need to push through with the DART.

TC, if you answered this in another thread, sorry, but how do you feel with the putter lately? I know you are playing around with a few putters, but I guess you are using this one sometimes too. I loved it at first, but have kind of hit a wall lately and almost miss a blade putter, but I think I need to push through with the DART.

I have been purchasing some other putters lately but they're for my collection. The DART is still in the bag and has been. It's a solid performer. Easy to align, and it just feels so dang good. I know what you mean about missing the more traditional style putters, b/c I do, but the results with the DART are just what matters.

I have been purchasing some other putters lately but they're for my collection. The DART is still in the bag and has been. It's a solid performer. Easy to align, and it just feels so dang good. I know what you mean about missing the more traditional style putters, b/c I do, but the results with the DART are just what matters.

I putted with this at the PGA Superstore when I was back in Dallas. I had my heart set on the ghost spider, but this thing rolls so amazing. I have a birthday coming up in October and one of these putters will be in my bag, if I havnt already scrounged up the money for it.

I played 54 holes over the weekend (36 on Sat/18 on Sun) and had one 3 jack the entire time. It was from about 70 ft so probably deserved the 3 wiggle on that one. Over the weekend my putts per round were 33, 31, 31. The 31 putts on Sunday was with that stupid 3 putt too. All in all it was a great weekend with the DART, I made every putt that I should make and even dropped a couple pretty long ones. If I roll the putts confidently to be sure I don't come up way short I'm making a ton of putts and just really loving my putting right now.

This past week I committed to a straight putter swing path. Helps me to keep the role on line. Going to sell my toe-weighted blade. Ordered the Backstryke D.A.R.T. Here's what I like about it:

• face balanced
  • alignment feature is awesome
  • center shaft
  • forward press is set
  • the mallet rocks!
  • the insert rules!

I had been playing with a blade all the time but struggled badly with long putts, mostly due to me missing the sweetspot with bigger putting strokes. I was convinced that a mallet would fix some of that so I tried my dad's 2-ball but the weight/balance and the alignment aid didn't work for me. Went to the store and tried some 10 mallets and had my heart set on the DART series after about 10 putts or so with each. I tried the spider ghost too but I actually think the DART looks much better to my eyes. Anyway, I was sold on the alignment aid quickly, so I repeatedly tried the regular DART, the backstryke, and the blade. It was the regular mallet that won me over.

On the practice green I feel that the best thing about the alignment aid is that I don't really need to think too much about the alignment anymore - it sits right and just "looks right" when I'm properly aligned and I can just focus on the distance and my stroke. I am still trying to get used to the feel of the insert, but during my last round I made everything from within 5 feet and that was a huge confidence boost.

I haven't messed around with the weight kit though - how's everyone's experience with that?

Update: Played an exec 9 yesterday and had the best putting days with the DART thus far. Only one 3-putt (which was a horseshoe) and made a few 8- to 15-foot putts. It's now officially my favorite club in the bag!!

Glad to hear you like the DART. I took the Backstryke DART out today for the 1st time. Believe it or not it took me quite a while to figure out how to hold it! But once I did I could see why it's so popular. Oh yeah, I made a few very nice putts!

Spent some more time with the DART Tour Black on Wednesday and once again came away impressed with just how easy this putter is to align. Speed control has always been something Ive struggled with when it comes to the white ice inserts but Im starting to trust it. Since its starting to get dark earlier Ive had to break up the range session and the putting session. So Wednesday was the putter/wedges day. Most of this session I spend doing a three ball drill. I put three balls on the ground one closer to the hole one a little further and then one more even further out. I did this most of the session to help get speed control down more so then alignment. And then to change things up I switched it around and started with a ball further out and came in closer with the other two balls. As much as I dont care for the looks of the DART the damn thing just works really well. Now that Ive started to trust the alignment and have improved my stroke so its more smooth it seems that every ball is on line and has a chance to go in. And on occasion when I One-T one way past the hole Im certain I can hit the five footer coming back. Really loving the DART right now.

That's a pretty good drill, Kevin. I'm glad the DART is working so well for you dude. I love the color scheme of the TB.

That's a pretty good drill, Kevin. I'm glad the DART is working so well for you dude. I love the color scheme of the TB.

Thanks Hawk, I love the color scheme too and cant argue with the accuracy Im seeing.

I spent a considerable amount of time with my Dart today as I wanted to get a better feel for it. I'm still not an insert guy and do like Sydney better but the Dart is very interesting. I heard about the gesalt psyc behind the alignment but today I'm more of a believer. This putter will truely work for those who want to putt instinctually. The alignment system is easy, all you need is the dart fit for your stroke, set the right weight on it and away you go. There were a number of times I did a quick one second alignment, pulled the trigger and in she went from anywhere from 4 feet to about 25.

I had a very good day putting Saturday with the DART Vader. I had 13 putts on the front and 18 on the back for 31 total. The only thing that bugged me was two of the par 3's on the back I hit in reg and then three jiggled them. Both were very long putts that I just left a little too much meat on the bone. The breakdown went like this: 7 one putts, 9 two putts and and 2 three putts. Those one putts were all long putts except a bird that was about a foot. And one saved par after I pulled a drive OB, dropped and hit the green. While I didnt like the two 3 putts I loved all the long putts that dropped on the front. This just wasnt happening with my previous putters.

I had a very good day putting Saturday with the DART Vader. I had 13 putts on the front and 18 on the back for 31 total. The only thing that bugged me was two of the par 3's on the back I hit in reg and then three jiggled them. Both were very long putts that I just left a little too much meat on the bone. The breakdown went like this: 7 one putts, 9 two putts and and 2 three putts. Those one putts were all long putts except a bird that was about a foot. And one saved par after I pulled a drive OB, dropped and hit the green. While I didnt like the two 3 putts I loved all the long putts that dropped on the front. This just wasnt happening with my previous putters.

Very nice OEM!!! THat's some really solid putting even with the 3 jacks. Long putts dropping for 1 is a great thing and it sounds like you're really finding a groove.

My DART has been benched for the time being.

Amazing how a putter like this can make a fella confident on the greens. It makes you feel like any GIR is a par. Great stuff OEM, I'm glad to hear that DART Vader is firmly cementing his spot in your golf bag.

Back