Scary Experiences?

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
Thought I'd share this based on a couple I've had recently LOL
I was tubing down the Rainbow River in FL when a storm came up behind us. It rained and that's all we thought it would do. We had a group of about 30 or so, and 4 of us had floated ahead after joking that we could out float each other to the finish, which was still about 2/3 a mile away. All of a sudden, 50 yards to my right (I was the farthest to the right of the 4) lightening struck. I have never been so scared. I swam that distance in about 10 minutes IN A TUBE. I could hear thunder behind me the whole way....

Next: I was playing golf two days earlier when it began to rain. We could see lightening waaayyy off (couple miles) and thought we could get another hole in. Just after I pull hooked my Pro-V1 into a marsh, lightening hit 300 yards off the hole. We didn't go back out that day....

Walking in the woods one morning to go to my deer stand during Bow Hunting season, I stopped at the opening to the field because I saw something white that shouldn't've been there. Suddenly, the white turned and ran down through the creek bottom to my left and sounded like a bulldozer going through....I was scared ******** and didn't know what It was. I got up that tree real fast and, after shooting right under a 5 point buck :angry: I got down and looked at the prints and realized what had been there. It had been about 20 of these babies that had got out, including one that we found out was supposed to be particularly mean (good thing it was 5am and dark!):

DutchBeltside.jpg

And then there was that Time I saw TC, ddec, and Clay in youtube videos in the span of an hour...I had to wipe my hard drive clean!!! :bulgy-eyes:

Anyone else have any scary experiences like this? I know I have to have more from my hunting time, just need to think....Let's hear 'em, if you're willing to share!

This past weekend I was swiming from dock to dock at my buddies cabin. I just jumped into the water and I guess I am out of shape and no good at swimming anymore because about a 1/4 of the way to the next dock I had to take a break. I was going to swim around this yacht and take a break on shore but the shore was a good 30 feet or so and I barely made it. I was thinking in my head that I am going to drown. I started to give up and started to go under because I couldn't move anymore. Luckily I just pushed my hardest and doggy paddled to shore. Any longer I would have drowned.

Last night I was mildly falling asleep at the wheel which was scary also.

This past weekend I was swiming from dock to dock at my buddies cabin. I just jumped into the water and I guess I am out of shape and no good at swimming anymore because about a 1/4 of the way to the next dock I had to take a break. I was going to swim around this yacht and take a break on shore but the shore was a good 30 feet or so and I barely made it. I was thinking in my head that I am going to drown. I started to give up and started to go under because I couldn't move anymore. Luckily I just pushed my hardest and doggy paddled to shore. Any longer I would have drowned.

WOW...

I had finished working a 30hr shift between 3 different jobs. Was driving home and woke up in the ditch doing 60mph and misses a light pole by 2 feet. Nearly s**+ myself.

I had finished working a 30hr shift between 3 different jobs. Was driving home and woke up in the ditch doing 60mph and misses a light pole by 2 feet. Nearly s**+ myself.

Holy crap buddy, you need to work less! hheheehehe

And then there was that Time I saw TC, ddec, and Clay in youtube videos in the span of an hour...I had to wipe my hard drive clean!!! :bulgy-eyes:

Anyone else have any scary experiences like this? I know I have to have more from my hunting time, just need to think....Let's hear 'em, if you're willing to share!

just too much swagga in one day. I can completely understand.

I got married

^^LOL

Uh, well I was golfing a week ago with my dad and I was walking up to my ball in the right rough and he was hitting behind me. It turned out he thinned it and it was heading right for my head. He yelled fore quickly and I moved my head maybe a mm and I saw the ball glaze across my face. Let's just say I hit a bad 2nd shot.

Oh and then I almost fell asleep driving with an instructor on the highway. What?!?!? I was bored!

^^^ yeah but the sound of the ball whizzing past your head is cool right???? :D :D :D

that is terrifying, I've seen golf team members get it, and have almost hit others, AND almost been hit.

I found a water moccasin staring at me over my ball in the woods once... that was uncomfortable. Fortunately I talked to him and he went away. My next shot was not good...but it was fast.

Rainbow river is a great place, I was there part weekend actually. I have had the same thing happen to newer there, and its scary.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I had hooked a ball off to my left right on the edge of the tree line. I was walking up to my ball (without a club in my hand) when I stepped over a large black limb laying in my path. That "limb" suddenly starting crawling off at a pretty good pace. I jumped straight up in the air and yelled something that was complete jibberish, no language ever heard before............

I had hooked a ball off to my left right on the edge of the tree line. I was walking up to my ball (without a club in my hand) when I stepped over a large black limb laying in my path. That "limb" suddenly starting crawling off at a pretty good pace. I jumped straight up in the air and yelled something that was complete jibberish, no language ever heard before............

This would have been hilarious to see!

When I was 6 I watched a tractor tire explode in my dads face cutting him straight across his forehead. He was okay and you can't even see the scar.

Same year I watched my sister get hit by a van while we were riding bikes. Her leg was cut so deep I could see her bone.

One night staying at my great aunt and uncle's house their pet boa constrictor got out and I woke up to find it at the foot of my bed under the covers with me.

I had a deer run out in front of me one night and I swerved to miss it and hit black ice instead. Needless to say my truck didn't make out as well as the deer. I went into a ditch, then airborn and came to rest on a mailbox that had deer crossing a snow covered road on it.

Back