The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can confirm that Sunday singles will be going out as twosomes and not foursomes.

In other news, Puttin4practicerounds just realized he is on an island. :D
That's actually a very good thing for our team, now nobody else will see my mushroom cloud type meltdown except for you. Thanks Reunion!

WOW, Puttin4Nickles just went from thinking he's Revis to realizing he's Hansworth.
I'm sorry but I don't even know who those people are so I can't even be sure if you're insulting me or perhaps paying me a compliment.

Too Early for a ...

c6e4e02c-f640-994c.jpg

That's actually a very good thing for our team, now nobody else will see my mushroom cloud type meltdown except for you. Thanks Reunion!

That was pretty funny puttin4ladiesofthenight
I have only one request. Regardless how the match goes all day, win or lose, let me see Jake straight off the first tee so I can get a nice smile in.

That was pretty funny puttin4ladiesofthenight
I have only one request. Regardless how the match goes all day, win or lose, let me see Jake straight off the first tee so I can get a nice smile in.
Could be the first tee, could be the 14th tee. That's the real beauty of Jake Straight, even Jake doesn't know when the damn thing will appear in all it's glory.

I'm not sure. I think it would be a lot more fun. Especially if we were gonna be filming vids and what not.

I don't think we will be sharing a cart will we? That would be a little weird.

Hahahahah.... and some water. I'll bring the G2 packets.

Hell yeah we are! Smack talk up close and personal. Taquitos and tacos for TMex and KMex.

Too Early for a ...

c6e4e02c-f640-994c.jpg

8th hole of your first or second round of the day :act-up:

It's 5 o'clock somewhere...may be eastern Europe, but it is somewhere.

Could be the first tee, could be the 14th tee. That's the real beauty of Jake Straight, even Jake doesn't know when the damn thing will appear in all it's glory.

puttin4loveoffirebush is starting to sound nervous.

Nah, not nervous at all. But it's like asking a funny person to "say something funny" when in reality it's best to just let it flow and see what happens. That's how I roll with Jake Straight, if I'm standing on the tee a little surprised and dumbfounded by the shot it just adds to the overall glory that is Jake Straight.

You should have seen yesterday on the 10th tee, I line up to go ahead and just wiggle a little baby Jake Straight out there and instead I smoke this gorgeous draw that was just amazing to watch as it bounced off the mounds to the left and careened down behind a nearby green. It led to a bogey, but man it was cool to watch!

Too Early for a ...

c6e4e02c-f640-994c.jpg

Never too early for that...

I don't think we will be sharing a cart will we? That would be a little weird.

I think that would be weird as well, but remember, this is only a "competition". We'll see what happens.

On that note, there are now 8 playing off site on Thursday. If anybody else wants to, let us know.

I guess I'll be in the minority, but I'm playing at Reunion on Thursday morning. My dad wants to join me for a round while we're down there, and as we're staying at the resort, it's easier for us to stay there and play.

I know that some people mentioned this yesterday, but the entire "practice round" thing is a little overblown as well. I am one of the people that would definitely prefer to play a round on the courses at the site of the Morgan Cup prior to the event starting, but I'm not going to begrudge anyone that has a different viewpoint on it. I think that people getting together to play golf with their friends is awesome; I haven't played a round of golf with my dad in about 8 months, so that part of the Morgan Cup has me really excited. I think this might have not been an issue if it was easier for people staying offsite to have access to tee times at Reunion, but that's just a guess on my part and Reunion has their rules for a reason, so you have to roll with that. Anyways, if the offsite round is later in the day, I'd be interested in hearing about the details of it.

I think this might have not been an issue if it was easier for people staying offsite to have access to tee times at Reunion, but that's just a guess on my part and Reunion has their rules for a reason, so you have to roll with that.

Its not the issue. People not staying at the resort have said they are playing there as well. I dont believe biggsy, P4B, belbin and quite a few others are staying at Reunion and all are playing there on Thursday. No big deal really, just wanted to share when you said people were starting to get a little more serious and prepare, that it was not really the case for quite a few. I think my original post said that and One-T touched on it in his reply. We think everybody will have a blast, as that is the goal, just different mindsets is all.

Some people just want to experience different courses on their vacation. As you said, you prefer to play at the courses to get a feel for where you are playing the Morgan Cup Others are not looking at it like that.

I'm still not conceeding putts.

Its not the issue. People not staying at the resort have said they are playing there as well. I dont believe biggsy, P4B, belbin and quite a few others are staying at Reunion and all are playing there on Thursday. No big deal really, just wanted to share when you said people were starting to get a little more serious and prepare, that it was not really the case for quite a few. I think my original post said that and One-T touched on it in his reply. We think everybody will have a blast, as that is the goal, just different mindsets is all.

Some people just want to experience different courses on their vacation. As you said, you prefer to play at the courses to get a feel for where you are playing the Morgan Cup Others are not looking at it like that.

ok that's funny stuff right there

Jake I think you have your p0rn name if you want one

Nah, not nervous at all. But it's like asking a funny person to "say something funny" when in reality it's best to just let it flow and see what happens. That's how I roll with Jake Straight, if I'm standing on the tee a little surprised and dumbfounded by the shot it just adds to the overall glory that is Jake Straight.

You should have seen yesterday on the 10th tee, I line up to go ahead and just wiggle a little baby Jake Straight out there and instead I smoke this gorgeous draw that was just amazing to watch as it bounced off the mounds to the left and careened down behind a nearby green. It led to a bogey, but man it was cool to watch!

big week of golf for me; playing some of the harder courses in central ohio.

tomorrow:
winding hollow 8:20 am 6870 yards 73.7 138
pinnacle golf club 4:10 pm 6894 yards 73.0 130

monday:
the golf club of dublin 9:04 am 7021 yards
winding hollow 4:26 pm 6870 yards 73.7 138

weds:
OSU Scarlet Course 9:36 am 6664 yards 71.9 135

thurs:
Muirfield Village 9:32 am !!

so excited to play muirfield - lived here my whole life and never played it. finally got an invite just tonight.

Sat:
36 holes with some THP'ers in Cincinnati

Sun:
18 - maybe home course, then pack and leave for the morgan cup in the am monday!!

WOW! CG, that sounds like 1 awesome week! Enjoy it brother!

You're gonna need it. I really think it'll be fun to ride in the same cart if we do haha. Either way, get your film face on dude because I plan on filling the flip and EVO 3D up.

I plan on eagling everything. Count on at least 1 hole in one.

Im going to one putt you to death.

You're gonna need it. I really think it'll be fun to ride in the same cart if we do haha. Either way, get your film face on dude because I plan on filling the flip and EVO 3D or Motorolla Photon or HTC EVO 2D or Apple Iphone or Blackberry Playbook or Motorola Zoom up.

FIFY...lots of choices for Tmex

Leaving 1 week from tomorrow! I can't wait to get down to FL. I can't believe this is next week.

Hahahaha, fantastic use of the FIFY.

It's so freaking close! I'm doing even less at work to prepare haha. Can't wait to see everyone.

FIFY...lots of choices for Tmex

Leaving 1 week from tomorrow! I can't wait to get down to FL. I can't believe this is next week.

You're gonna need it. I really think it'll be fun to ride in the same cart if we do haha. Either way, get your film face on dude because I plan on filling the flip and my current phone of choice.

hahaha nice bro. Were going to make it rain.

Yeah we are. All weekend. I plan on having a lot of fun both days and hope my groups are ready for it. Once Biggsy slapped me out of my mood all was fun. Haven't had any issues since and honestly, I don't feel a lick of pressure at this point.

hahaha nice bro. Were going to make it rain.

Yeah we are. All weekend. I plan on having a lot of fun both days and hope my groups are ready for it. Once Biggsy slapped me out of my mood all was fun. Haven't had any issues since and honestly, I don't feel a lick of pressure at this point.

Same here broski. I need you nice and relaxed for our "Sunday Gigante" match anyway. If you get all worked up and upset I might too and that would suck.

I will be for sure man. I've just learned to laugh the bad ones off and make fun of them. That's what bad shots are for. Not to get upset at. I've also learned I'm not going to be hitting every fairway and green, so when I don't just get to a safe spot. Ill hit backwards if I have too. Most importantly, I just enjoy my time on the course with friends.

We should get bloogs beforehand though.

Same here broski. I need you nice and relaxed for our "Sunday Gigante" match anyway. If you get all worked up and upset I might too and that would suck.

Man, this whole Morgan Cup thing is getting real close. I have been practicing naked...cant get anymore embarrased than that!

You're gonna need it. I really think it'll be fun to ride in the same cart if we do haha. Either way, get your film face on dude because I plan on filling the flip and EVO 3D up.

A hole in one would be absolutely epic during the MC. I have high expectations for you now Yocc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back