Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

I played the ball this morning and here is my .o2. I usually play the E6 and I have not played in 8 weeks but I liked this ball. I bought the yellow balls and they definitely stop faster and have less roll out than the E6. Someone earlier said it was a one hop and then stop and that was my experience as well. I thought the ball felt fine off the of the clubface and I don't think there was much distance loss off of the tee, but I am trying a new 3-wood(what I tee off with) so I am not a good gauge there. The ball felt good off of my irons. Overall I would say the ball plays a lot like my e6.

I also tried another new product today the "Dryhands" and I must say that stuff kept my hands dry and kept me from having to change gloves every 3 holes. I am very impressed with the stuff and I will keep using it in the hot humid August of North Florida.

Just picked up a dozen Q-Stars at Golf Galaxy. I have been loving the Z-Star XV but not the price. I heading out early in the morning to get a quick 18 in. I will give my comparison/review when I get home.

I was told today at Dick's that they had them in the back, but cannot put them out on the shelves until the 12th. I cannot wait that long!!!!!!!

Interesting... I happened to be in a Dicks this past Thursday and they had them out already. I picked up a dozen but haven't had the chance to try them out yet.

Just picked up a dozen Q-Stars at Golf Galaxy. I have been loving the Z-Star XV but not the price. I heading out early in the morning to get a quick 18 in. I will give my comparison/review when I get home.
Patty from blind9 has them but since I live in CA she advised that I may be better off ordering elsewhere. I then tried to order them online from Golf Galaxy (since they have them with free ship/no tax), but they are out of the yellows... : (

Just picked up two sleeves for 10.50 at golfsmith. Gonna take these out for a trail run next couple days.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

alright so I'm a noobie here, but I did try these out today, and I must say I was impressed.
So in the past yr I've taken a liking to Srixon balls, ever since I started playing the trispeeds. I played Trispeeds all last yr and for the first few rounds this yr, and just within the last 2 rounds starting playing some trispeed tours as well, which I thought might be better suited to my game since my swingspeed is about 110 avg. I honestly think I like the regular trispeeds better even though the tours should be better for me with my higher swingspeed. Anyway, I followed someone on here's advice and got some used but great condition Z stars and Z star x's from lostgolfballs.com earlier this week, and then picked up a dozen of the yellow q star's at golfgalaxy today before playing a round. Started out the round with the q stars, and occasionally threw a z star x into the rotation as well.
I really like the q star, and for the price I think it's the best ball for me, probably the best ball out there at that price point. I played the yellows in both balls, and I must say I do love the tour yellow these come in, and I never have a doubt as to which ball is mine, unlike my friends.
It might be in my head since I was reading about it earlier, but I read since the z star's are a tour level ball with a softer cover, the effect of sidespin is more noticable with those, and on a few par 3's I hit one of each ball to see the difference, and I did notice I tend to slice the z star's just a bit with my irons as opposed to the q star's which stayed straighter for me. Honestly I like both, but being a high handicap, I obviously lose a few balls a round and I'd much rather lose a ball that costs half as much, and performs pretty similar in my personal experience. I didn't really notice a difference in driver distance because I didn't really hit each on the same hole with the driver, so any difference in distance between the two from the tee box could have just been mishits.
Overall I played the majority of the round with q stars, and I def like it better than the trispeed tours I was playing previously.
I also shot a personal best for me, a 98, which I know isn't too good, but last weekend was my previous best, and I beat that by 5 strokes, and this was also my first time playing the course I played today.

At 25/dozen I don't think this ball can be beat.
I putted well with it, and I feel like I was hitting much straighter with the driver today than I have been with the trispeeds and tours which I tend to slice a bit, and I was actually keeping the q stars well left today.
Def a good ball to try, and recommend anyone who is giving it a thought to pick up a dozen and try em out.

My guess is replace the AD333. AD333 went on 2 for 1 sale like 2 weeks ago and was the same price point.

I believe you are right.

I am going to try these out. I don't know a lot about balls but it sounds like these are a good all around ball.

I am so excited! I ordered 2 dozen of the yellow and they are arriving tomorrow!

im gona go to gg and get a sleeve or 2 of these

Look what came from Golf Galaxy Today!

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

Up close comparison with a Vision UV:X3.

Cant wait to game these two side by side

Bought a dozen of the yellow. I love the E6 that I play now so it will be interesting how these compare.

I walked into my local Golf Galaxy last week to find a new display of the Q Star Tour Yellow. Picked them up and read the back real quick and decided to give them a try. I guess I didn't read the back real close because I didn't even know they were a 2 piece ball. As a matter of fact, I didn't know they were 2 piece till I read it in this thread and went back to reread the box. WOW, I couldn't believe it. The first round I played with them they felt great, stopped on a dime, flew straight and hit one of the longest drives this year(also hit my irons longer). Seriuosly, I'm almost disappointted that they are a 2 piece ball! Srixon's right! Question your ball!

I got me a dozen of the tour yellows. The "yellow" isn't quite the same as the Z-Star. I am very interested to see how they perform. Along with the blind balls, I should be stocked up for the rest of the season.

I walked into my local Golf Galaxy last week to find a new display of the Q Star Tour Yellow. Picked them up and read the back real quick and decided to give them a try. I guess I didn't read the back real close because I didn't even know they were a 2 piece ball. As a matter of fact, I didn't know they were 2 piece till I read it in this thread and went back to reread the box. WOW, I couldn't believe it. The first round I played with them they felt great, stopped on a dime, flew straight and hit one of the longest drives this year(also hit my irons longer). Seriuosly, I'm almost disappointted that they are a 2 piece ball! Srixon's right! Question your ball!

I'm not sure if "disappointed" is the word I would have used there.

I'm not sure if "disappointed" is the word I would have used there.

It's a tongue in cheek statement about the stigma that a 2 piece ball can't be a performance ball.

I got me a dozen of the tour yellows. The "yellow" isn't quite the same as the Z-Star. I am very interested to see how they perform. Along with the blind balls, I should be stocked up for the rest of the season.

It isnt? Maybe my eyes are failing me here, they look virtually the same to me.

It's a tongue in cheek statement about the stigma that a 2 piece ball can't be a performance ball.

That's what I was hoping for.

I know that serious golfers have to have a 3+ piece golf ball, otherwise they can't workability the ball.

It isnt? Maybe my eyes are failing me here, they look virtually the same to me.

My eyes may have been fooling me. I didn't have a Z-star to put side by side. But I thought that the tour yellow on the Z-Star was a little more safety green, than yellow.

I don't mind it. I am excited to spray one into the trees and see just how visable they are.

My eyes may have been fooling me. I didn't have a Z-star to put side by side. But I thought that the tour yellow on the Z-Star was a little more safety green, than yellow.

I don't mind it. I am excited to spray one into the trees and see just how visable they are.

I was thinking the same thing when I first took one out of the box. I compared the Q Star to the Z Star and Trispeed Tour and it does look a little different. The Z Stars and Trispeed Tours look like they have a bit more green in them. The coating also looks sort of like it has a metallic quality whereas the Q Star doesn't. I wonder why the difference.

I agree the Q-star yellow seems to be more yellowish than the Z-star. The Z-stars seems to have more green to me. It also seems the Q-stars yellow are similar to the Bridgestone RX-330 rx yellow.
I have played 45 holes in the last week and the Q-stars have;

Driver: straighter ball flight smiliar to the Bridgestone RX and not as much spin as the Z-stars.
Irons: Higher and longer, on several holes, I have overshot the greens on my approach shots.
Short game: Nice around the greens, similar to the 330 RX to me but not as good as the z-stars.

So far this ball to me is:
Very soft, good distance, good spin and the cover wears very good.
I will be playing these again this wednesday morning and report back again. I am liking these balls, I have ordered some white ones to add to my bag also.

Wow it seems this ball is the ball to go to in this pricerange!
Too bad it probably will take ages before they come available in Europe :banghead:

I played 18 yesterday alternating between the Q Star and the Z star XV and at times playing both balls. I did notice a little loss of distance compared to the XV off the driver, maybe 10yds or so, but my SS is in the 115mph range and I am guessing I was compressing the ball too much. It's about the same distance loss I see playing the regular Z Star vs the Z Star XV. The C.C. I belong to is pretty short, so the loss of distance really doesn't bother me for playing there. It didn't spin to much for me - pretty straight all day. Irons seemed about the same distance wise and the feel was very nice. Wedge shots seemed to take one hop and stop, but that's normal for me with wedges. I don't spin the ball back too often. The greens were VERY slow yesterday, so I couldn't get a real good feel off the putter. I will have to report back on that later. The durability seemed a lot better than the Z Star. With the Z Stars I notice the cover getting scuffed up quickly hitting full wedge shots, the Q Star survived without a scuff until number 18 when it got a slight scuff on a bunker shot. It's still very playable, but there is a scuff. Overall I am very impressed with the Q Star - especially being a cheaper ball.

Back