NWA and Public Enemy. I'm old school.

Kevin

Well done, sir.

To add to old school Rap/Hip Hop that I still listen to....I have to throw out Arrested Development. Groundbreakers.

I like me some Kid Cudi too! I like the late nineties stuff the best, Outkast, Tupac, B.I.G, and then throw Jay-Z and Kanye too.

I thought LASERS was a disaster. I think Lupe would even agree.

Production on Rolling Papers was fantastic. It was just too pop throughout for me. I know a mainstream album can't be like Kush and OJ but still..RP was Downy soft. Thought Cabin Fever, the tape he dropped just before RP, was a better look for him. I do still give RP the occasional play though.

Steel Tappin'

Is rap really music? :confused2:

I thought LASERS was a disaster. I think Lupe would even agree.

Production on Rolling Papers was fantastic. It was just too pop throughout for me. I know a mainstream album can't be like Kush and OJ but still..RP was Downy soft. Thought Cabin Fever, the tape he dropped just before RP, was a better look for him. I do still give RP the occasional play though.

Steel Tappin'

The second verse of Beautiful lasers will be in my autobiography when I'm a billionaire :)P) as the story of my teenage life. Words I Never said (along with my dad) will be in there as the foundation of my political beliefs. The Show Goes On will be in there describing how I think I'm cool :)P) and I'm sure I'll squeeze another one in there... I loved the album. Not Food and Liquor 2 needs to drop already!

Jay-Z, Kanye West, Blackalicious, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Jurassic 5 (I met Chali 2 Na at a concert in Milwaukee), early Black Eyed Peas (Joints and Jams is on of my favorite songs), EPMD, and the Beastie Boys. All rap or hip hop that is in my iTunes and on my iPod.

Jay-Z, Kanye West, Blackalicious, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Jurassic 5 (I met Chali 2 Na at a concert in Milwaukee), early Black Eyed Peas (Joints and Jams is on of my favorite songs), EPMD, and the Beastie Boys. All rap or hip hop that is in my iTunes and on my iPod.

HOW could I forget The Tribe, De La, and Jurassic 5???? Wow. So many good rappers out there.

No :nono:

I guess I just don't listen to much rap anymore, I am more into the indie stuff. Anti-folk, shoe gazer, ect. We need a "Hipster music" thread where we will all worship Pitchfork.com.

I love rap. 3 of my favorites are Lil Wayne, Drake, and Mac Miller. Mac Miller's new album Blue Slide Park is pretty great, so is Drake's Take Care.

My faves are Tupac, Biggie and Jay-Z.

tyga/lil wayne has some good songs/ big sean/maino/Busta/50 cent is alright/ lil john/ jcole...etc

I get tired of modern rap. Seems to be all about sex. I mean I'm a dude but dang, can we rap about something else? If you love Lil Wayne, then child please. Analogies about how w&# he gets the ladies. And Drake must enjoy telling everyone how cool he is. Although some of his stuff is catchy and I really like The Real Her ft Andre 3000.

Now, my favorite, and in my opinion the best, rap album of all time is ATLiens by Outkast. My favorite rap group is Outkast and I'll take Andre 3000 over any of these new dudes. I also like B.o.B. I like some Common, some Lupe.

I just get tired of hearing about how much weed and hoes they have. Feel me? Rap about something meaningful. Be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get tired of modern rap. Seems to be all about sex. I mean I'm a dude but dang, can we rap about something else? If you love Lil Wayne, then child please. Analogies about how w&# he gets the ladies. And Drake must enjoy telling everyone how cool he is. Although some of his stuff is catchy and I really like The Real Her ft Andre 3000.

Now, my favorite, and in my opinion the best, rap album of all time is ATLiens by Outkast. My favorite rap group is Outkast and I'll take Andre 3000 over any of these new dudes. I also like B.o.B. I like some Common, some Lupe.

I just get tired of hearing about how much weed and hoes they have. Feel me? Rap about something meaningful. Be different.

You'd love Atmosphere and Brother Ali. Definitely not rap about weed and ho's. Very meaningful storytelling.

Some good selections there. Like Kanye's first four albums. Sort of forgot about the Beastie Boys but they're classic!

You'd love Atmosphere and Brother Ali. Definitely not rap about weed and ho's. Very meaningful storytelling.

Thanks Nate! Might have to check them out.

Well done, sir.

To add to old school Rap/Hip Hop that I still listen to....I have to throw out Arrested Development. Groundbreakers.

Ooo Arrested Development. I can still bump Mr. Wendal and Tennessee.

Naughty by Nature had about 3 hits I still like. If we wanna stay in the old school I'll throw out Rob Base. ABC. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Oh don't act like y'all didn't turn this motha out with MC Hammer!

Childish Gambino!

I have to rep my sis - she has sung live with Atmosphere and recently a cool new rap group called Big Quarters. I just found this music video that features my sis (Mankwe Ndosi) with Big Quarters:

What what what what what wh what! Noreaga. Haven't heard from him in a...well, since that song. No one mentioned Gang Star! Or Common, KRS one. He was good back in the day!

I had You Know My Steez bumping the other night, as a matter of fact.

That's some good stuff Jersey Nate, whats some of the Atmosphere stuff she's been on? Atmopshere has been one of my favorites for years, Sad Clown Bad Dub #7 changed my musical life, and I'm not kidding.

I don't listen to too much new rap stuff anymore, but the Mainstream stuff I always liked was DMX, JayZ, Common, Talib, KRS-One, old Lil Wayne before he wore skinny jeans and tried to sing, Eminem, and of course 2pac.

Lesser known stuff, dialated peoples, Pep Love, Jurassic 5, TCQ, Brother Ali, Eyedea and Abilities, and pretty much anything JN has mentioned, that guy has good taste.

That's some good stuff Jersey Nate, whats some of the Atmosphere stuff she's been on? Atmopshere has been one of my favorites for years, Sad Clown Bad Dub #7 changed my musical life, and I'm not kidding.

I don't listen to too much new rap stuff anymore, but the Mainstream stuff I always liked was DMX, JayZ, Common, Talib, KRS-One, old Lil Wayne before he wore skinny jeans and tried to sing, Eminem, and of course 2pac.

Lesser known stuff, dialated peoples, Pep Love, Jurassic 5, TCQ, Brother Ali, Eyedea and Abilities, and pretty much anything JN has mentioned, that guy has good taste.

She was briefly on God Loves Ugly as the girl who cries, "I'm so ugly, I'm so ugly!" in the middle of the title track. She then sang on "Get Fly" from the album You can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having - she was the entire outro of the track. She sang on both "Should've Known" and "Me" from the album When Life gives you Lemons..." As an aside, she sang on the Brother Ali track "Uncle Sam G*ddamn" from his album The Undisputed Truth.

I love my sis.

She was briefly on God Loves Ugly as the girl who cries, "I'm so ugly, I'm so ugly!" in the middle of the title track. She then sang on "Get Fly" from the album You can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having - she was the entire outro of the track. She sang on both "Should've Known" and "Me" from the album When Life gives you Lemons..." As an aside, she sang on the Brother Ali track "Uncle Sam G*ddamn" from his album The Undisputed Truth.

I love my sis.

Dude that's so weird, I thought about the I'm so Ugly girl when I watched the video, but figured it wasn't her. Get Fly and Uncle Sam are great songs. Coll stuff.

Back