Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

Glad you got it War! Nice write up also, looking froward to reading your thoughts on it after you get to hit it.

Cant wait to get out on the range, then on the course tomorrow. Really wish I had a lit range around these parts right now.

Well I just wrote a little initial review and couldn't submit due to a security token error so here's take 2!

I received my Heavy 3wood 15* with STIFF shaft. I tried to create a video, but I made a few takes and killed my cell phone battery in the process. I'll try and load one of them if I can but otherwise...

Initial impressions are:

Looks: Classy, Classic, Simple, Clean, STEALTH. I love the black with green graphics. It doesn't scream look at me, but if you want to know it is very easy to show it off. The bright green alignment aide, tasty. All in all, love the black with green accents. VERY easy on the eye and not distracting in the least yet lends people to ask more about it I would think...

Feel: Well I didn't get to truly swing this bad boy yet, but I did take a few slowmo in the living room swings and first thing that comes to mind is it is noticeably heavier than my old Callaway Diablo Octane but its not HEAVY. Many of the other testers have noted this and I'd just like to reaffirm this assessment. It has a very nice counterbalanced feel and with my slowmo swings I could feel a little bit how it might help my tempo of which I fight this inconsistency the most. I have an over the top fault that likes to creep in when I try and pound it but I could feel this club wanting to smooth me out. Not slow me down, but even me out. All in all a nice solid feel.

I like to hit fairway woods off the deck, anytime I tee them up I send them skyward. This club seems to be pretty slim so I'll be hitting it a lot off the deck then try and move it to the tee and work on that from there.

A HUGE thanks go out to Bocceiri and THP for allowing me an incredible opportunity to put this thing through my paces.

Well I just wrote a little initial review and couldn't submit due to a security token error so here's take 2!

I received my Heavy 3wood 15* with STIFF shaft. I tried to create a video, but I made a few takes and killed my cell phone battery in the process. I'll try and load one of them if I can but otherwise...

Initial impressions are:

Looks: Classy, Classic, Simple, Clean, STEALTH. I love the black with green graphics. It doesn't scream look at me, but if you want to know it is very easy to show it off. The bright green alignment aide, tasty. All in all, love the black with green accents. VERY easy on the eye and not distracting in the least yet lends people to ask more about it I would think...

Feel: Well I didn't get to truly swing this bad boy yet, but I did take a few slowmo in the living room swings and first thing that comes to mind is it is noticeably heavier than my old Callaway Diablo Octane but its not HEAVY. Many of the other testers have noted this and I'd just like to reaffirm this assessment. It has a very nice counterbalanced feel and with my slowmo swings I could feel a little bit how it might help my tempo of which I fight this inconsistency the most. I have an over the top fault that likes to creep in when I try and pound it but I could feel this club wanting to smooth me out. Not slow me down, but even me out. All in all a nice solid feel.

I like to hit fairway woods off the deck, anytime I tee them up I send them skyward. This club seems to be pretty slim so I'll be hitting it a lot off the deck then try and move it to the tee and work on that from there.

A HUGE thanks go out to Bocceiri and THP for allowing me an incredible opportunity to put this thing through my paces.

I share your thoughts Spiff. Classic look, classic feel. Love the way it feels in hand. I as well did a few slow-mo swings, and really like the weighting of this club. Only about 7 hours til I am out on the range...

Rain, rain go away
I'd like to hit my new 3 wood today!!

I got home from work at 5 PM yesterday and the rain started at 5:15.....:sad:

Hopefully today it won't rain again and I will be able to make it to the range with this bad boy....

Good write up SS! It is a good looking club.

I wonder what the other testers think about the zipper headcover? If I remember correctly, on the Heavy D thread, the testers didn't like them. I don't find it to be bothersome at all, matter of fact I sort of like it better than slip on head covers. Maybe a magnetic one would be even better.

Rain, rain go away
I'd like to hit my new 3 wood today!!

I got home from work at 5 PM yesterday and the rain started at 5:15.....:sad:

Hopefully today it won't rain again and I will be able to make it to the range with this bad boy....

Hopefully, interested to get your take on this club.

Does this mean everyone has theirs now?

Nice! Can't wait till all the reviews starts pouring in!

Got a range session this afternoon and League play this evening. Ready to get this going.

I wonder what the other testers think about the zipper headcover? If I remember correctly, on the Heavy D thread, the testers didn't like them. I don't find it to be bothersome at all, matter of fact I sort of like it better than slip on head covers. Maybe a magnetic one would be even better.

doesnt bother me at all, obviously takes a little more time, but didnt run into any issues per se

I don't mind it at all... actually I really like it. Might be a size thing... It goes on and is removed easily but having the peace of mind to know it won't just fall off is nice.

also, taking this bad boy to the range this evening, dont have a lot of time to spend there, so just going to hit a small bucket with this 3W only and report back.

I still think Boccieri makes some of the nicest looking gear. I love the green

Alright, I went to Green Bay to get some detailed numbers, but the zelocity LM wasn't working. I did get some numbers on the simulator though, but not detailed numbers, those stats flash up and are gone so quick, plus they don't have print offs for the simulator.

What I was seeing on the range was what I saw on the simulator.
Here are some numbers that I can remember:

Boccieri 3w avg BS 133 Carry distance ranged from 217-223

My 3w avg BS 135 Carry distance ranged from 218-230

The averages are higher for mine because I had one bomb that had a BS of 139 and total distance of 240, if I did a more detailed average and threw out the highs and lows, I would imagine it would be a dead heat. I'm surprised a bit to see that the heavy 3w is so close in performance to my FL, being that it "feels" heavier. Mr Boccieri really packed a lot of performance into this little 3w!

Dispersion was a little worse for me with the Boccieri, as more of my shots with it leaked to the right. Maybe it does have a slightly open face? I'll have to get that measured to see for sure. Open face is great for golfers fighting a hook, but not for me, I prefer square. Nothing wrong with a slight fade, but I had a massive slice when I first started in golf and worked my tail off to get rid of it, so I just don't like to see my ball move from left to right, even a little, but that's just me. If it turns out to slightly open, I'll just hood it a bit to see if that helps. It could just be me getting a little OTT though, so I'll figure out which it is and include that in my later reviews.

Overall the testing so far has been very interesting to me. The old saying 'more than one way to skin a cat' comes to mind because there is obviously more than one way to create a high performance golf club as well. Really impressed thus far. About the only other thought I can add at the moment is that I agree with the heavy driver testers, that perhaps the 'heavy' part should be dropped off the name, because I'm pretty sure that would have caused me to walk right past this club on the rack, and I would have missed out on getting to hit this fine piece of golf equipment.

Good stuff BBB, Im getting back out tomorrow and cant wait, I wish i had access to a LM thats close to me and was free lol. They charge a arm and leg around here from what i have heard

Looks like more rain moving in for the afternoon.......

Damn you weather gods!!!

Thanks, 10yd. It wasn't really close by (no LM facilities in NE WI that I'm aware of), Green Bay is about 55 miles from where I currently am, don't mind making the trip to get some numbers though. I might have to drive to Appleton to get some detailed numbers.

Thanks, 10yd. It wasn't really close by (no LM facilities in NE WI that I'm aware of), Green Bay is about 55 miles from where I currently am, don't mind making the trip to get some numbers though. I might have to drive to Appleton to get some detailed numbers.

Ya im not worried about driving to get it done but the $$$ factor is the issue for me, im gonna dig a little deeper into this and see if i cant find a LM at a decent rate to get some numbers as well.

Ya im not worried about driving to get it done but the $$$ factor is the issue for me, im gonna dig a little deeper into this and see if i cant find a LM at a decent rate to get some numbers as well.

Yeah it was just at Dicks in GB, not sure exactly how accurate the monitor data always is, but it has seemed to be pretty good so far, because that's about what I get on the course/range. There is a guy that works there, who is pretty cool, and very knowledgeable for a 'big box' store. The boss was there this time so I was comparing my clubs to other 3w's. lol

Yeah it was just at Dicks in GB, not sure exactly how accurate the monitor data always is, but it has seemed to be pretty good so far, because that's about what I get on the course/range. There is a guy that works there, who is pretty cool, and very knowledgeable for a 'big box' store. The boss was there this time so I was comparing my clubs to other 3w's. lol

lol ya if the boss was there thats a must. Im excited to hear what all the others think about this club

lol ya if the boss was there thats a must. Im excited to hear what all the others think about this club

Well, since I brought that up, the Boccieri 3w did outperform the 'other' clubs I tried, by a small margin, distance and BS wise at least.

Well, since I brought that up, the Boccieri 3w did outperform the 'other' clubs I tried, by a small margin, distance and BS wise at least.

thats good to know

YES! It is here! I'll be hitting the range tonight and post some comments later.

YES! It is here! I'll be hitting the range tonight and post some comments later.

Congrats, hit em well and I cant wait to hear what you think about it

Back