Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

These aren't even avaliable in lefty yet and I can't stop looking at the first post, just so sexy!!!! Man who ever gets to test these is very very lucky!

1. What wedges do you normally play? TaylorMade XFT - 50-56-60
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes!
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? turf interaction is my biggest category. Feel, and good spin.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Id game em religiously, post my feedback after every round/range session. pretty active on THP so could talk in length about them.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Scratch 8620 in 53* and 58* in digger sweeper grind 1* flat
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? yes
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? including the PW, 4. (PW, GW, SW, LW)
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? feel is #1. i am a feel player. playabilty, of course, but feel is ALWAYS #1 for me.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? i hit the range/play at least twice a week, if not more. THP reports can follow within hours of any given range session or day on the links. making videos, while I've had no reason to at this point, are well within the range if selected to test these wedges, or anything for that matter.

thanks again for another opportunity.

1. What wedges do you normally play? TM MC TP 47*, Mizuno MP-T11 54 and 60*
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? The TM PW was, the Mizzies no.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Above all, accuracy. The ability to control distance and lateral dispersion is HUGE with my wedges. Also, I look for my wedges to allow me to hit a variety of green side shots. The ability to control trajectory and impart reasonable amounts of spin is another quality I look for in my scoring irons.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Wow, I'd love to put clubs like these through the paces. This is the first year I feel like I've made significant strides in taking advantage of shots less than 150 yards. I am very curious what a setup like this could do to take that to another level. My testing would involve 1 to 2 rounds of golf a week, plus significant time on my grass hitting area range where I could dial in and measure performance on shots ranging from 30 to 150ish yards. Also at the practice facility, I would set up multiple tests in the short game area to fully test out chipping, pitching and sand shots, testing effectiveness for each type of greenside shot with all of the different clubs in the set. Each practice session or round would be followed up by detailed posts on the forum along with pictures and videos.

Wow. What a chance! THP does it again.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Burner 2.0 PW, and AW, Cleveland 49 Niblick, Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56 SW
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Out grown them over the last few months. After putting in time around the greens and tacking down a consistent swing, I need to move forward with my over hauling my wedge selection.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I need a consistent gap set that will fill in with my Burner 2.0's. They are 1" plus and 2* upright. My new Burners have improved my gir and I think my lack of a consistent set in my scoring clubs is keeping me from getting over the hump. A sole grind that I can learn to work in different lie situations would be a plus.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? This is where I feel I can excel. I work for the FD and only work 2 days a week. I'm a member at Rocky Gap Resort and have full access to their putting and chipping area and driving range as well as 2 traps to fully test every aspect of these wedges. I try to play 2 times a week. I feel with my spare time and more to come when kids go back to school I can give an excellent perspective on how these wedges can improve ones game. Especially a higher handicap player working on their short game. I also am very interested in trying out the SCOR system. I have worked on feel recently to gauge distance.

Thanks for the opportunity THP

Last edited:
1. What wedges do you normally play? I have been trying out some different wedges so my set is a little scattered right now. Tom Watson for Gap and Sand and my Lob wedge 60 degree is either Eidolon or the Boccieri

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Watsons bent 2 degrees flat standard length, Eidolon bent 3 degrees and cut down by a 1/2, Boccieri is standard loft and lie

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4 (PW, gap, sand, and lob)

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I like my clubs that that are very clean and have a minimalist look to them.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing wise, in a typical week I can get to the range 1-2 times. I also play in a league and on the weekend and try to play ~2 rounds a week. As far as THP activity, I'm fairly active member and looking forward to the opportunity to test the SCOR clubs..

Thanks THP and Scor for the opportunity.

Wow! This is sweet. I read terry's column twice a week on oobgolf and have been pretty excited about Scor4161.

Yeah, I read, with great interest, this article as well. Good stuff!

1. What wedges do you normally play?xFT 54° and 58° along with standard Adams A4 50°
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Nope
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? four
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? forgiveness and spin along with a consistent shot that remains the same (i.e. 1/2 shots) every time
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Play at least 36/week + range time. I actually just bought a range membership so I could just hit the bejeesus out of these on the practice greens. It's also possible for me to play numerous balls out on one of the holes from various locations and cuts of grass/pine straw/hardpan that the range does not have. (basically, this time of year, if you brave the heat and humidity, you can have the place mostly to yourself and do whatever you want :good:)

Another amazing opportunity! I have read up on this and it is a very intriguing system that SCORgolf has put together. I'll be very interested to see how this testing goes!

1. What wedges do you normally play? Wilson TW9s - 54 and 58 degree

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? My iron set is, but my wedges are not.

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3. PW (47), 54 and 58.

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Nice, clean and simple looks, good turf interaction, and a bit of spin.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have access to a good practice facility at my home club, so would put them through their paces thoroughly there. I'd like to measure my distance gaps with my current wedges on the Trackman, and put these up against them to see if I gain some consistency. I'm pretty active on THP, reading and listening to lots of publications, trying to further my knowledge and love for the game! I like getting involved with the testing threads and seeing how equipment works for different golfers, asking and answering questions to the best of my ability!

Another great opportunity for those here at THP. I'd love to toss my name in but with my killer work schedule I think my lack of activity as of late keeps me from entering.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Stock Burner PW and AW. I do not own any, but I use my cousin's Nike SV wedges since he plays with me every time I go.
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? No.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? Just my AW.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Thin but still nice and heavy to help dig in. Really like wedges that are really easy to get up and land soft.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? As I said before I am a member at my local golf club, and I play at least once a week. I do add in an extra round or some time on the range each week. I will probably be joining the golf course that is located next to my college also. I am an active member, not posting a whole lot, but I am on here every day reading. I would love to be able to test and review these wedges for the forum. Thanks THP and SCOR Golf!

Just read through the web site. Definitely interesting stuff. Seems like a solution geared towards those who like to hit full shots with their wedges, particularly their 5 wedge configuration.

Just read through the web site. Definitely interesting stuff. Seems like a solution geared towards those who like to hit full shots with their wedges, particularly their 5 wedge configuration.

I did too and I did their online fitting. I was very impressed with that. I think it is interesting that they have a system that replaces all the clubs from 9I to LW. I absolutely cannot wait to see the feedback on this one. I will be watching with great interest.

This is a thread I'll be following closely because I've been experience gapping issues.

1. What wedges do you normally play?-Adams Watson 52* 56*
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?- My wedges are standard off the shelf, the rest of my clubs are fit.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?- 3
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Good headweight, sharp leading edge, looks are not important,
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least once a week and use my wedges a lot because I have been struggling with my GIR's. I plan on documenting a hole by hole usage of each club and reporting back to THP how this system has affected my wedge game. I have been struggling with gaps in my wedge game since getting my new irons. I know this is a problem a lot of golfers face so it would be interesting to see how precise this system can be with gapping issues.

1. What wedges do you normally play? TM xFT ZTP 50/54/58
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Not professionally, no.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Consistency, easy to hit, good feedback and feel. Not a lot of yardage gap between them.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If chosen, I would first take these to the range and get a good feel for the clubs, noting yardages as well as different shots with the clubs (ie. chips, punches, flops, full swing, etc...) Then I would proceed to the putting green where I could work more on chips. (Hit and runs, 1 hop checks, flops, etc...) All while comparing to my current wedges. Once I got a good feel for them, I would game them on the course, adding them into my normal game and testing their shot making ability. After each range session and/or round, my focus would be to report back to THP and compile a detailed write-up review of every little detail about my findings as well as answer any questions that THP members may have about the wedges. If after the testing period, I find that they didn't fit my game, I would definitely "play them forward" onto another THP member.

Very interesting concept. I'm especially curious as to how the V sole on these clubs perform.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Cleveland CG14 52* and 56*, Titleist Vokey 60*
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? My irons and woods are but my wedges are not.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? mainly I am looking for versatility of lofts and bounce to cover as many conditions as possible. The more versatile a club is for playing different shots the better.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would certainly want to test their claims about how easy it is to hit off the tightest lies and soft fine sand and see how well they cut through the rough. I would also test these along side my current wedges and play several different types of shots with each club to get a feel for their versatility and consistency. I have been a member of THP for about 3 months and read many threads each day and post on most days.

another amazing opportunity from THP and SCOR. this looks very interesting.

1. What wedges do you normally play?
mizuno mp t11's
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?
Yes, my wedges are the same spec as my irons with KBS hi-rev shafts
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?
3, PW, 52 and 58
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs?
i love being able to open the face up on my 58, and the ability to easily hit half shots. yardages are important.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
i have been working on my game from 120 and in a lot at the range, primarily using trackman to see my progress. i use the first 3 trackman targets (70, 80, 115) and play the 9 shot game which gives you scores for each shot from -2 to +3. i will do this with the SCOR wedges and compare my accuracy, distance control and feel to my current mizuno wedges. i will also be able to take these out on the course within the 5 days specified to get an idea of how they perform from familiar locations (rough, trees, bunkers and the occasional fariway).
im active on THP daily and love catching up on my subscribed threads in the morning on the train to work. im also active on twitter and will ensure i post results on there and facebook with plenty of pics.

There is some nice activity on this thread, good to see. I like the read about there V-sole club can be played from any lie and will insure a clean hit. I expect the test thread will be filled as mant questions as there are commments from the testers.

1. What wedges do you normally play? I have Nike PW, AW & SW, Also CG15 SW & LW.

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? No.

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? Generally 4

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I want to be able to swing easily through the ball. I do NOT want to have to hit my wedges 'hard' to have them fly high with good spin.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I just started working at a golf course part-time. I have free range balls and (most importantly!) FREE GOLF. I will be able to play 3-4 times a week and review accordingly. I usually try to post 3-4 times a day on the site. Some days more, sometimes just 1-2 times.

There is some nice activity on this thread, good to see. I like the read about there V-sole club can be played from any lie and will insure a clean hit. I expect the test thread will be filled as mant questions as there are commments from the testers.

I know what you mean! The V-sole looks(sounds) great along with the fact that you even replace your 9 iron thru 60 or 61. I don´t really need my 9 iron to be a CB, a blade will work just fine as the shaft is so short.

1. What wedges do you normally play?
Cleveland TA5 PW (45*), Cleveland CG 15 52*, Cleveland CG 10 56*

2. Are your clubs fit for your game?
No, but I'm happy with them. I was fitted recently at a Cleveland Demo Day and they told me I was standard everything. I do wish I had bought a 50*, 54* and 58* since I have a large gap between my PW and my 52*

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?
3, 45*,52*, 56*

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs?
Grooves/Spin-Ability.....................Forgiveness. My short game is probably my strength and I really am confident any time I have one in my hand.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I'm a new user, but I've lurked for a while. I am a student, so I have a ton of free time, most of which is spent golfing. I'm also an engineering major so I am very detail oriented, which I feel is required in equipment testing. I plan to write reviews in an easy to read format with many pictures (since a lot of us skim to a post with pics anyways) and videos.

just read their website. awesome stuff and im excited THP is on board with this

Awesome testing opportunity.

1. What wedges do you normally play? My Pw is a taylormade rac ht from my iron set 52&56 are Cleveland cg 12 my 60 is a dunlop x wedge
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? No my clubs are not fit to me
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I like my wedges to have a good feel and ease to hit from any lie.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would be play my normal 2-3 times a week and a range session between rounds. My activity on Thp is increasing lately, I check the site often through out the day and post a few times a day. Thank you Thp and scor for this awesome opportunity too test quality golf equipment.

Hope everybody is as excited about this one as I am. Really looking forward to the thoughts on the entire thing.

Back