Page 1 of 43 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,548 Times in 12,814 Posts

Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

THP is sending out 20 Nuun Drink Tablets to the forum testers that were selected after signup and they will be providing feedback in this thread. Feel free to join in the conversation with your own reviews as well as ask questions to those that are doing the hard work of testing these out.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their Nuun in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.
    Driver: Big Bertha w/ Custom LZ HandMade
    Fairway Wood: Big Bertha 15*
    Hybrids: X2Hot 3 & 4

Irons:
    D200 w/ Program shafts
    Wedges: 588 RTX 2.0 50, 54 & 58
    Putter: Z3
    Balls: B330-RX

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC Jersey Nate's Avatar
    Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,130 Posts
    Received my two nuun drink tablets today after I got home from my round today. They look pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to using one of them tomorrow during the round and see how I feel.

Sent from my Evo 3D using tapatalk.

Spoiler
    What's in my Morgan Cup Staff Bag:
    588 Custom 10.5* Kusala Silver
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    588 MT 6I, CG16 Tour T Stamp 6-PW Tour
    588 RTX Raw Tour Grind CB 50*, 588 RTX 2.0 MB 54*/58* Tour
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

Handicap
    Golf
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,197 Times in 2,182 Posts
    I look forward to your feedback!!
    Follow THP on Facebook!

In my Nike Houndstooth Cartbag:

Driver: AMP
    3 Wood: Solaire
    5 Wood: Baffler Rail
    Hybrids: Mashie 3 hybrid
    Irons: Ladies AMP
    Putter: Classic Collection
    Golf Ball: Lady iQ+

Handicap
    Thanks
    Mine should be in today, but I have to work! I could cry, but I will play tomorrow and check in.
    In my bag:

Nicklaus Dual Point ML4 10.5* with Aldila RIP Stiff Shaft
    Taylormade Burner 15*
    Adams Tour Prototype 3 Hybrid
    Callaway X-22 Irons 5-PW
    Callaway Forged 52*
    Bridgestone J38 Rusted Black Oxide 56*
    Taylormade XFT 60*
    Odyssey White Ice #7

Handicap
    Thanks
    I am not a forum tester but ran into some nice folks from Nuun while attending the USA Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Expo this past weekend in DC. I tried 3/6 flavors they had available, and was pretty impressed with the taste on 2/3 flavors. The orange and tri-berry were tasty, but I wasn't a fan of the pink lemonade flavor. Since these were served out of large jugs, the single serve size flavor experiences may vary. I was impressed enough with the taste alone so I ordered a few different packs from Amazon. I am excited to see if these help me with energy during my long runs. I'll be interested to see how these work for you guys while on the course or during long practice sessions.

WITB

SuperTri 10.5* (Motore 65S)
    XL 3W (Miyazaki B Asha 7S)
    XL 5W (Miyazaki Kusala Blue 72S)
    MT/TT Irons 4-PW (GS95 S300)
    RTX MB/CB 50*, 54*, 58* (Dynamic Gold)
    White Hot Pro 2 Ball
    B330s

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 530 Posts
    I am quite intrigued by these drink tablets and can't wait to hear from the testers with their feedback.

#TeamTHP
    Handicap
    The Driver
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,421 Times in 3,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Puttin4Bird View Post
    I am quite intrigued by these drink tablets and can't wait to hear from the testers with their feedback.
    I can't wait for mine to arrive. I was pounding the Mio energy and Sweet Tea like crazy on the course this weekend. Sunday I drank 4 24 ounce bottles of water while playing. It was warm and the course isn't all that easy to walk. I'm hoping I enjoy these because they could be just what the Dr. ordered.
    Covert Tour 2.0 Mashie 15.5 X2 Hot 19 & 22 VRS Forged 5-AW
    Tour Preferred 54/58 Newport 2.5

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Mine showed up today as well, I recieved grape and lemon lime. Looking forward to testing these out. Unfortunately this week is going to be quite busy for me, I will not get to test them till early next week. Can't wait to read your guys experiences this week.
    Ozone XX Stand bag
    Driver: Classic 9.5 w/ Kusala Black
    3 Wood: X Hot Pro 15* Diamana S+
    V3 18*
    Irons: Apex Irons
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 2 wedges, 49/53/58
    Putter: Tank 36"

SFT

Handicap
    +0.5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,504 Times in 4,610 Posts
    I was not chosen as a tester but I was intrigued to say the least when this product first surfaced in the THP news letter. The price of $22 for (48) 16oz drinks is a eal in my eyes. So I order a box and in my travels left it at home after only trying a few tablelets. So I bought another box in Denver this past week and drank it everyday, twice a day. The below video shows the products reaction when introduced to a cup of water. It takes about 2 minutes for a tab to full dissolve. I have one of the two four flavor variety packs pictured below.

The tabs are a little large and need to broken in hafl to fit into a bottle of water but owrk just fine in cup. each of the four flavors (grape, strawberry lemonade, tropical punch and fruit punch) have a faint flavoring of each flavor combined with a hint of Alka Seltzer. Not so much that its not desirable but just enougth to give me the impression that I am drinking a flavored Alka Seltzer without the mediciney after taste. I personally wish the fruity flavoring was more prominant.

As to their affectiveness, I did notice a boost in energy a few moments after drinking each 16 oz offering. It was not that caffine booth from and energy drink but more of soothing, calming energy boost. Let's put it this way, my body felt different, I had a little more zip in my step. again it was subtle but noticeable. As with any water enhancer the more you add the stronger the taste and the less water you add the stronger the taste.

I did have two when I was skiing the other day and my energy level was up through out the entire day. I added three tabs to my Camelback water holder and sipped from it through out my time on the mountain. Not having skied in over a year I woke up the next day pain free. I skied pretty hard to I expected my muscles to ache and they did not. I am looking forward to going through my supply of NUUN and I hope the testers enjoy this process.

2014 - ​Staffer
    Ddog: 815 12*w/ Blue Board 63
    FWs: RZF D7& 4W Fujikura Motore F1
    Hybrid: J40 3hy G-Series
    Irons: J40 CB Set 4-PW w/ Recoil 125
    Wedges: J40 (50*&54*) w/ custom
    Flat stick:
    Jailbird
    B330S

Handicap
    GHIN 9.6
    Thanks
    As you can see I also got the Lemon Lime flavor but I got Grape instead of JN's Strawberry Lemonade. I have a round Wednesday with some friends so I'll be using one of them for sure. I'm an avid drinker of all kinds of water enhancers so I'm super excited about these. I've been through almost all the Crystal Light packet flavors and now I've gotten hooked on Mio bigtime. So far the Fruit Punch is my favorite and I use a lot of Black Cherry in Energy Mio. I'm very interested to see now the Nuun holds up on the course. I'll report back after Wednesday!

Driver: R11s 9
    FW: Mashie 14
    Hybrid: Mashie+ 18 / Mashie+ 23
    Irons: J40 DPC 5-PW w/ Tour Stiff
    Wedges: 588 Satin 50, 54, 58
    Putter: Metal-X #7 32"
    Ball: Hex Black

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bahester View Post
    As you can see I also got the Lemon Lime flavor but I got Grape instead of JN's Strawberry Lemonade. I have a round Wednesday with some friends so I'll be using one of them for sure. I'm an avid drinker of all kinds of water enhancers so I'm super excited about these. I've been through almost all the Crystal Light packet flavors and now I've gotten hooked on Mio bigtime. So far the Fruit Punch is my favorite and I use a lot of Black Cherry in Energy Mio. I'm very interested to see now the Nuun holds up on the course. I'll report back after Wednesday!

BOOM! Wednesday double test!
    Spoiler
    Driver: G20
    Fairway Wood: Rapture 5 Wood
    Spoiler
    XRail 7 Wood
    Irons: CB3 4-GW W/ Tour Smoke Shafts
    Wedges: PING Gorge 54,58
    Putter: Yes! Callie-f

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Got mine in today as well. I received the lemon lime and strawberry lemonade. So I will be taking these to the course tomorrow to be testing them out. Looking forward to everyone else's thoughts as well.

Seriously. Tappin'.
    In my Big Bertha Staff Bag:
    WITB
    Big Bertha Alpha 9 w/ Fubuki Alpha 60x
    X2hot Pro 3Deep w/ Fubuki K 70X
    X2Hot Pro 5Deep w/ AD-DI 7x
    X2Hot Pro 20 Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85x
    Apex Pro irons 4-PW w/ Tour-V
    MackDaddy2 Wedges 54 and 58
    MetalXMilled #9

Handicap
    GHIN: 9.7
    Thanks
    I'll be looking for these after work today. Might take a little longer for mine to get here over the big pond.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

In my Bag
    Driver: Amp Cell Pro w/ Kuro Kage
    Hybrid: 913H 19* w/ Diamana S+
    Irons: X Forged 4-P w/ PXi 6.0
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 2 51, 56, 60
    Putter: SS5
    Ball: B330S

Elitist
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Those little tubes are perfect for the golf bag. Can't wait to hear some thoughts on taste and if they do the job as far as hydration.

Mini Tour Player
    Handicap
    Thanks
    I've had the citrus fruit and tri-berry, both taste good

the positives on these are that they're nice and portable, replenish your electrolytes, pricing is reasonable, and you can get them all over the place

the negative is that there's no calories or fuel in them, so they're not a one stop solution for your nutrition needs. They won't provide energy, (although the cola flavor does have caffeine which can be good or bad, depending on what you're looking for). Nuun needs to be supplimented with food of some sort. Something like a gatorade/powerade/cytomax is a better stand alone choice as it's got fuel AND electrolytes, if you've got a drink with calories, you've got a better shot of making it through your round strong without needing to eat food.

I've used these for marathon training, and I know what happens after hours of running if you're electrolytes aren't being replaced... it's a recipe for pain and cramps. Golfing is certainly a more rigorous activity than most people give it credit for, but I really wonder if golfing on any level and in any conditions matches up with running for 3-4 hours straight.