GHIN revision day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for your game to start connecting. I think you're going to drop really fast when it does.

i agree, he doesnt have the swing of a 16hcp, it looks much better

Mine went from +1.4 to +0.4 to +0.1 in the last month. Thanks to my struggles with the at stick, but I think I've made the turn for the best(71 today) I should have about 5 more rounds before the next revision.

Well I got my revision today and I went from 4.5 down to 4.2. I have to agree with you Canadan... Its pretty hard to keep up with a 5 handicap on most courses that I play, I would almost rather have somewhere around a 7... Seems to take some of the pressure of having to shoot a good score out of my mind.

Mine went from +1.4 to +0.4 to +0.1 in the last month. Thanks to my struggles with the at stick, but I think I've made the turn for the best(71 today) I should have about 5 more rounds before the next revision.

Im not sure that my index will ever be a (+) anything. Thats even harder to maintain im sure!

Well I got my revision today and I went from 4.5 down to 4.2. I have to agree with you Canadan... Its pretty hard to keep up with a 5 handicap on most courses that I play, I would almost rather have somewhere around a 7... Seems to take some of the pressure of having to shoot a good score out of my mind.

It's definitely a mentality thing.. I gave up 4 shots in the first five holes the other day and fought to keep my round in the 70s the entire rest of the day.. I love maintaining a handicap but I'll admit the lower it gets, the more I find myself trying to do everything I can to play to it..

12.9 to 11.9 here....
My goal is single digit by the end of the golf Season.....(Mid December)

Im not sure that my index will ever be a (+) anything. Thats even harder to maintain im sure!

While I like having my ( + ) handicap it is awfully hard to maintain as I play usually 2x a week and If I don't have a score under par then my handicap will go up. I like the fact that I am scratch I also have a tremendous drive to consistently break par and I practice like hell.

While I like having my ( + ) handicap it is awfully hard to maintain as I play usually 2x a week and If I don't have a score under par then my handicap will go up. I like the fact that I am scratch I also have a tremendous drive to consistently break par and I practice like hell.

I just broke 80 twice in the same weekend and I was happy as a pig in a corn bin. I can not imagine shooting scores that well. Great job :clapp:!

It is a 1.0 this week. Liking what I am seeing, need to play some tournaments and really see where I stand.

I just broke 80 twice in the same weekend and I was happy as a pig in a corn bin. I can not imagine shooting scores that well. Great job :clapp:!

Last year when i started playing all I wanted to do was break 90 an it took me all of 2 months of consistent play. Then I wanted to break 80 and that took me 6 months. Then I'm still working on breaking 70. I've shot 70 4 times w/ 3 of those having birdie chances on 18 that I didn't convert. But I was happy as hell to break my goals and all that. But 70 is killing me haha.

Mine dropped from a 21.5 to a 20.2 and I'm so close to my goal breaking 20 this year. Close enough that I'm now aiming at 18, in fact :)

Last year when i started playing all I wanted to do was break 90 an it took me all of 2 months of consistent play. Then I wanted to break 80 and that took me 6 months. Then I'm still working on breaking 70. I've shot 70 4 times w/ 3 of those having birdie chances on 18 that I didn't convert. But I was happy as hell to break my goals and all that. But 70 is killing me haha.

You have been playing only one year and you are already a + capper ! Man you are killing me.

You have been playing only one year and you are already a + capper ! Man you are killing me.

I played baseball for 14 years so it was an easy transition. Along with the fact that my instructor calls me a natural. Had scholarship offers for baseball, but I'm better at golf then I was with baseball somehow. I've also learned how to practice the right way and there isn't a day that I don't do something golf related. Somehow it all just clicks with me with golf. Since I started working with my instructor I gained 8 mph on swing speed.driver is around 118 mph avg. 6 iron fluctuates between 96-98 mph. My handicap also went from a 5 to scratch in 2 months. He's very analytical. As am I. It just works.

I noticed that too OG, AME, if you are young you have a chance to really go places. That is very impressive.

I noticed that too OG, AME, if you are young you have a chance to really go places. That is very impressive.

Is 25 considered young? Haha. I go to school for golf now. My major is professional golf mgmt. I want to become a head pro/tourney director at a resort. Plus next year I'm gonna try for the us mid-am & us open qualifying. I'd love to be able to play professionally in some aspect.

Is 25 considered young? Haha. I go to school for golf now. My major is professional golf mgmt. I want to become a head pro/tourney director at a resort. Plus next year I'm gonna try for the us mid-am & us open qualifying. I'd love to be able to play professionally in some aspect.

good luck, you sound like your very talented and a natural at the game, your one lucky SOB if i may say so lol

Canadian, I noticed ur from Mason, Oh. Im from Cincinnati. I'll actually be in Cincy on Thursday thru the following Friday for my summer break from school. Also Rory McIlroy is supposed to be watching his girl Caroline Wozniaki at the tennis tournament up by Kings Island.

Noticed my cap went down to 13.7, hope to get back to 12 before the end of the season. Finding time to play now that football is beginning is the hard part!

Noticed my cap went down to 13.7, hope to get back to 12 before the end of the season. Finding time to play now that football is beginning is the hard part!

Toddo....Big Blue fan?

8.8 this time, down from a 9.9. It keeps going in the right direction!

AM, I follow UK and plan to be at their opener with my alma mater WKU in Nashville September 1st. I spent a number of years on the WKU broadcast crew, but know both coaches very well and pull for both of them, except when they play each other... :)

My index dropped a tenth to 12.1

Down a bit more to 7.3. I wish my club let me post scores online because they don't have a few of my recent scores, they are slow at entering scorecards that are turned in. Next update should be lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back