Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah big 12/10/Texas' Sloppy Seconds or whatever you want to call it are definitely in a world of hurt. Wasn't Texas debating independence and their own network last year? Hmmm... Perhaps Colorado saw the writing on the wall and left when the getting was good. I can't see the Oklahoma's leaving either... they'd probably try and get into the Big 10 at that point I think? Not that you can just ask to get in there... unless you're Nebraska.

The only hard part for OU getting in anywhere is OSU. It's a package thing but any conference would want OU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see A&M, but I doubt Mizzou, OU, and OSU come over. Will probably pick up another East Coast school. Bring Ga. Tech back!

I don't think they want back in and I don't think the SEC wants them, already have the TV market in Georgia with UGA and the bordering SEC schools. Virginia Tech now, that is a different story.

I don't think they want back in and I don't think the SEC wants them, already have the TV market in Georgia with UGA and the bordering SEC schools. Virginia Tech now, that is a different story.

I dont think Ga. Tech would ever come back. Va Techs Pres & AD said today that it wasnt going to happen. No way in hell Florida would let FSU in. Have Carolina's covered wtih USC(east).

The one interesting rumor I have heard, and it actually has some legs is North Carolina. Would be interesting to see them leave the ACC, especially w/ basketball.

Rumor's around here are Texas wants to go independent and the SEC wants A&M, OU, OSU, and Mizzou. Just rumors yes but itf A&M leaves the Big Whatever-We-Call-It-Now is more done than it already is.

Texas and FSU are being heavily courted for the SEC for 2013-2014 because of the TV contract.

Well, I wonder what VT would say if the talk was more substantial than "what if". I personally think they would be a great fit. And UNC in the SEC would be good as we don't have a school in NC. I really have not heard a lot of talk about FSU to the SEC any more than Clemson, already have the top schools in each state. All in all VT is the one that would be the best fit IMO.

Well, I wonder what VT would say if the talk was more substantial than "what if". I personally think they would be a great fit. And UNC in the SEC would be good as we don't have a school in NC. I really have not heard a lot of talk about FSU to the SEC any more than Clemson, already have the top schools in each state. All in all VT is the one that would be the best fit IMO.

Not sure UF is still the top school in Florida anymore and I think depending on who you are listening to (meaning where one is hearing it) the schools are different. According to our media friends the only actual "talks" are 4 schools. Texas, FSU, VA Tech and GA Tech. UNC is not going to the SEC. That would NEVER happen. ACC is basketball country and Duke rivalry is HUGE dollars.

Not sure UF is still the top school in Florida anymore and I think depending on who you are listening to (meaning where one is hearing it) the schools are different. According to our media friends the only actual "talks" are 4 schools. Texas, FSU, VA Tech and GA Tech. UNC is not going to the SEC. That would NEVER happen. ACC is basketball country and Duke rivalry is HUGE dollars.

Interesting that Texas is being talked about. Would think that the "Longhorn" Network would conflict with the SEC Network.

Interesting that Texas is being talked about. Would think that the "Longhorn" Network would conflict with the SEC Network.

That is why I dont think Texas goes anywhere. However SEC money in todays market dwarfs most. Almost even to Notre Dame money which most thought would never be possible.

That is why I dont think Texas goes anywhere. However SEC money in todays market dwarfs most. Almost even to Notre Dame money which most thought would never be possible.

I could see Texas being an independent in football, especially if they get everything they want out of the Longhorn network. But, you're right, SEC money does talk.

I could see Texas being an independent in football, especially if they get everything they want out of the Longhorn network. But, you're right, SEC money does talk.

I dont think they will go independent though. Its just not too easy to walk away from conference championship game money and conference tv contract money.

Well, I think you can eliminate Texas because of money, FSU because of UF and GT because of ill feelings with most of the older SEC schools when they thought they were above the SEC. Still looks like VT is the best fit to me.

I dont think they will go independent though. Its just not too easy to walk away from conference championship game money and conference tv contract money.

Good point. With all of the Conference realignment talks though, it will be interesting to see what happens to the Big 12 down the road. If Texas were to leave, it would crumble completely.

Well, I think you can eliminate Texas because of money, FSU because of UF and GT because of ill feelings with most of the older SEC schools when they thought they were above the SEC. Still looks like VT is the best fit to me.

FSU because of UF? I dont understand that really. Is there a problem with Vanderbilt and Tenn? Auburn and Alabama?

FSU because of UF? I dont understand that really. Is there a problem with Vanderbilt and Tenn? Auburn and Alabama?

My personal opinion is that UF would not want FSU in the SEC, as there would be the instate rivalry and conference rivalry, and would be in UF's way of the SEC Champ Game. If you can keep your rivalry to basically not having any ramifications if you lose besides pride, do you?

My personal opinion is that UF would not want FSU in the SEC, as there would be the instate rivalry and conference rivalry, and would be in UF's way of the SEC Champ Game. If you can keep your rivalry to basically not having any ramifications if you lose besides pride, do you?

At these schools level any loss means the same thing. No national title most likely. But I think people are looking at this the wrong way. These schools don't think about rivalry in these decisions. The only factor is money and if adding another team brings more money (and it would), then they are all for it. It has not hurt Auburn and Alabama.

At these schools level any loss means the same thing. No national title most likely. But I think people are looking at this the wrong way. These schools don't think about rivalry in these decisions. The only factor is money and if adding another team brings more money (and it would), then they are all for it. It has not hurt Auburn and Alabama.

True, in big time College athletics, money does all the talking, and just about every decision is based on it.

What do other SEC fans think of A&M joining the SEC? Obviously, as a aggie fan, I'm ecstatic to join the nations premiere conference. Even if it means we'll be a whipping boy for a few years. I'm intrigued, but skeptical, that our recruiting will pick up that much. Our basketball program should benefit, and I'm looking forward to playing UK and UF.

What do other SEC fans think of A&M joining the SEC? Obviously, as a aggie fan, I'm ecstatic to join the nations premiere conference. Even if it means we'll be a whipping boy for a few years. I'm intrigued, but skeptical, that our recruiting will pick up that much. Our basketball program should benefit, and I'm looking forward to playing UK and UF.

For a few years? There are no Iowa State's, K-States, Kansas', and Baylor's in the SEC and A&M is I believe only 3 games over .500 in the last NINE seasons. Its going from a place you can compete with almost everyone to nowhere near as many all for the sake of feeling like you're little brother to Texas.

I mean, I understand something needs to change conference wise but it goes from having to really compete with only OU, Texas, and sometimes OSU to Bama, Auburn, UF, and on and on and on. I guess if they take Mizzou with them like rumors are indicating there will be someone to beat up on.

It truly is moving to a better conference, but remember, its moving to a better conference, ya know? Thats not always green grass on the other side, it could be moss.

Word around here is back to A&M and Mizzou to the SEC and OU/OSU/KU to the PAC. Other rumors are Texas forming a conference and trying to use their power to bring in BYU, ND, OU and whoever else (no way in hell that happens IMO)

Hope that doesn't come off like a flame or anything b/c its not, just conversing with no ill will intended.

For a few years? There are no Iowa State's, K-States, Kansas', and Baylor's in the SEC and A&M is I believe only 3 games over .500 in the last NINE seasons. Its going from a place you can compete with almost everyone to nowhere near as many all for the sake of feeling like you're little brother to Texas.

I mean, I understand something needs to change conference wise but it goes from having to really compete with only OU, Texas, and sometimes OSU to Bama, Auburn, UF, and on and on and on. I guess if they take Mizzou with them like rumors are indicating there will be someone to beat up on.

It truly is moving to a better conference, but remember, its moving to a better conference, ya know? Thats not always green grass on the other side, it could be moss.

Word around here is back to A&M and Mizzou to the SEC and OU/OSU/KU to the PAC. Other rumors are Texas forming a conference and trying to use their power to bring in BYU, ND, OU and whoever else (no way in hell that happens IMO)

Hope that doesn't come off like a flame or anything b/c its not, just conversing with no ill will intended.

Understandable coming from someone from OK. Us Aggies tend to forget the Fran years and skip back to the Slocum days. Most of the level headed fans fully realize that A&M won't compete for championships maybe 1 in every 4 or more years, but it's better than waiting till Texas decides (and they will) to move to greener pastures, blowing up what remains of the Big 12/9. Now, whether that is indie, PAC with OU et all or Big 10, who knows. But I'm glad my school was proactive and didn't wind up scrambling for a conference or waiting for UTs move.

The SEC is no Big 12. A&M would be in the SEC West, that means playing Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Arkansas every year. Also throw in a Miss. State program that is on the rise with Dan Mullen, and a Houston Nutt coaches Ole Miss team. Not exactly a cake walk...

The SEC is no Big 12. A&M would be in the SEC West, that means playing Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Arkansas every year. Also throw in a Miss. State program that is on the rise with Dan Mullen, and a Houston Nutt coaches Ole Miss team. Not exactly a cake walk...
A&M vs Miss St/Ole Miss for the annual battle of the bottom of the West:dazed:

Understandable coming from someone from OK. Us Aggies tend to forget the Fran years and skip back to the Slocum days. Most of the level headed fans fully realize that A&M won't compete for championships maybe 1 in every 4 or more years, but it's better than waiting till Texas decides (and they will) to move to greener pastures, blowing up what remains of the Big 12/9. Now, whether that is indie, PAC with OU et all or Big 10, who knows. But I'm glad my school was proactive and didn't wind up scrambling for a conference or waiting for UTs move.

True. My school won't have to scramble either though hehe

The Fran days were hard for even me to watch, I've always liked A&M because of the traditions around the school, 77-0 honestly was painful for me to watch, especially kneeling on the 3 instead of scoring again, to see it fall like that was sad.

That said, I hate Sherman, hate, haaaaaaaaate. But I'm a Green Bay guy too so that explains alot of that lol

That's okay, I don't mind Stoops but hate Venables more than any other DC in the nation. Many because his defense has made the Aggies look flat out stupid most years. His way of convincing A&M lean recruits to switch to OU at the last second doesn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back