What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got in from playing 9 and shot a 46

37 on the front today. Complete with a bird and a double bogey. +2 for the round with 13 putts. Very happy with the last two stats. The double was pretty stupid, one bad swing cost 2 strokes BUT I was very happy with how I recovered.

Took my first course in after a month or so of conflicting schedules. Shot an even 100 52/48. I was hitting the ball a ton today, so much that I had a hard time gauging distance all day. Even my 8 iron was soaring 165-170! Have a lot of work to do on my putting, but my short game was quite good today. Gonna grab Yoccos one of these weekends and check out whats new at the PGA store, think its about time to upgrade my PING I-3 hand-me-downs. On a good note, I finished the back 9 with 5 pars, even had an eagle attempt on 18 after a 320 yard drive, 3 putted for par =\.

80 yesterday, 81 today, the greens were aerated Monday and Tuesday and they are pretty rough right now. I made one double bogie yesterday and lots of bogies both days. I'm not sure if my putting is getting any better since the ball jumps and hops instead of rolling on the greens.

41 / 42 = 83 33 putts

78 (39,39, +6) I wish I could putt!!! I hit 14 GIR and had 0 birdies. Yes, zero. I had two three putts for bogey and and a double bogey (one of the missed GIRs). Very frustrating. 13 pars, 4 bogeys, 1 double.

Solid day out there today, at least for me. Shot 77 38/39, yet came away feeling I left a bunch on the table. I was a green magnet on the front with 8 of 9, but 2 putted everything except #9 with a 3 putt for 19?? Couldn't find a green on the back with a whoping 3, but chipped close and started making some longish putts for 13 total on the back. Its hard to put the whole game together front and back, but overall I liked it. When you can't drive the ball more than a 230 average on a 6200+ yard course you had better bring some short game or putting. I had one on the front, the other on the back, lol.
Nice round, duey.

I hit alot of good shots today, and had some great holes. Unfortunately it was either feast or famine as I had 8 pars, 2 bogeys, and the rest were doubles with 2 triples. It was a frustraing round of golf to hit some great shots to make par, but then just fall apart on other holes.

Just a quick hole breakdown that sums up my day perfectly. On the very tough Par 5 9th hole, which plays a little over 500 yards with the last 150 or so being over water (unless you lay up to the right), I hit my worst tee shot of the day, and hit a 100 yd push. It was awful. So I'm sitting approximately 400 yards out. Hit a beautiful high straight shot with my 4 iron to end up sitting 188 out. Unfortunately cart path only was in effect and the ball was on the other side of the fairway. I grab my 4 iron thinking I had to be 200 out, and walk to the ball, to realize I had too much club. Didn't want to walk all the way back so I choke down a little bit and try to take some off of it. Sure enough hit the back of the green and I have a makeable birdie putt on one of the toughest holes on the course. I get up there, and burn it 15 feet past the hole, total brain fart. End up 3 putting for a bogey.

It was just that type of day. I ended up losing to my dad by two strokes, that putt would have made it a tie.

I bet I added 4-5 strokes with the cart path only stuff in effect. I kept getting to my ball to find out I had the wrong club in my hand, but since I wasn't scoring well anyway, I was too lazy to walk back to the cart. Stupid on my part.

Played a new course today...smallest greens I have ever seen. Shot a 6 over 42 (had a triple on the 4th hole since my balls wanted a bath) but it was a nice practice round. Need to have my vokey bent because it is currently 2* flat instead of 2* up so I keep catching the toe during my swing. Driver was great today though Im glad I picked it up.

Shot another 80 today 42/38, 18 putts on the front, 15 on the back with no 3 putts. I felt like I was putting good, but the numbers say differently. It was still great to be outside enjoying nature.

Had a nice practice round with Tour Tempo in my ears. 63, -8! Getting back to a proper tempo was easy with the irons - I stuck my approaches in real close. The driver was a different beast...hit a lot of pull-draws, a snaphook or two and a few that were good. Was nice to have a round where both approaches and putting worked simultaneously!

Tour Tempo = the shiznit. I felt steady like Luke Donald with my irons. Always wanted that.

Last edited:
44/37 for a 81. had a Solid 8 on the 9th hole luckily they served beer at the turn so i drank my sorrows away quickly and came back with 2 pars on the next 2. only 30 putts today, been so happy with my short game lessons really starting to pay off.

44/37 for a 81. had a Solid 8 on the 9th hole luckily they served beer at the turn so i drank my sorrows away quickly and came back with 2 pars on the next 2. only 30 putts today, been so happy with my short game lessons really starting to pay off.

ice cold beer has both saved and ruined many a good round in my career.. well done on the rally

ice cold beer has both saved and ruined many a good round in my career.. well done on the rally

thank you. i usually don't have more than 1 or 2 unless im in a scramble and theres no chance of us winning then things get out of hand sometimes.

96 today. 49 and 47. Just putted horrible. A few errant shots with the 3 wood off the tee but mostly long and in the fairway. Only 2 pars. Have to get more aggressive on the greens. To many left short.

Playing again Monday.

90 this morning on my regular par 64 course. Very difficult to find a groove, and played some of worst short game in months, the kind of errors where a chip out of the rough becomes 2 or 3 shots because I am not consistent in placement of the head with the ball.

But I killed the par 5 with a great drive, a 195 yard 3H (measured out), a 50 yard wedge to 15 feet, and a birdie putt.

Golf....what can you say? This easily could have been a round in the low 80's. I left several good tee shots without a strong middle/finish.

Woo hoo! 89 for me today. Second time I've broken 90 this year! Drove the ball fairly well and putting was decent (made a couple of +20ft ones). One triple bogey was the only real bad hole on my scorecard.

Shot another 80 today 42/38, 18 putts on the front, 15 on the back with no 3 putts. I felt like I was putting good, but the numbers say differently. It was still great to be outside enjoying nature.

Hey, 33 putts would be a good day for me right now! I like your attitude "enjoying nature". I enjoyed being out this morning as well and then really enjoyed getting back into the AC.:D

Blues, 70.2/132, walked (how stupid was that?) It was a tough day, achy joints, heat, humidity, fatigue...but it was fun! 40-38 78. It was enjoyable since almost no one was playing this morning and the course is in great condition.

I made another double bogie today and missed a short birdie so it was lots of pars and bogies again. What a weird week, one birdie, two double bogies, 31 pars and 20 bogies plus one practice round that went about the same way.

I met my buddy half way on the blues, he normally plays the whites, I usually play the golds. He is plenty long enough to play the blues but he isn't comfortable there because he doesn't play there often. I had to give him 5 shots and beat him by 8. Is the tee-it-forward campaign keeping people from getting better?

44/42
pretty day today but i wish i had yesterdays shots with todays putting
putter was on fire except for a couple of pulls on every birdie putt... ill take tap in pars all day long
teeshots were loose and i found deep rough too many times for my liking
had a few good pops with driver but it left me behind tree limbs or in divots or waist high sidehill lies etc...
approach shots werent as crisp as yesterday and i missed too many greens by hitting pin high pushes
chipping/pitching were money too bad a few were 2 putt doubles/singles

100, 56 on the front and 44 on the back. The front 9 was going so badly I almost didn't play the back, I just wasn't having any fun at all. All of a suddent I couldn't make good contact and I was stacking penalties and duffing shots left and right. I started the back 9 with 4 pars in a row and then only had big trouble on two holes.

47-44. The back I missed 2 straight 3 filters for par, bogeyed both holes, then 3 putted for another bogey. Ugh should of shot a back 39

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Suffered the most humid afternoon I've ever experienced today on the course, I'm pretty sure I could've used gills out there.

Went out in 48 with 19 putts, came in with a 45 and 15 putts. Had a rain storm come through around hole 3 which slowed the greens way down, but they dried quickly by the turn and were lots faster.

9/14 fwys with only one penal miss...stupid pine tree!

Felt like putted ok, avg 1.9 per green, but 3 tickled 18 because I hit the wrong part of the green and had to putt through some crappy sod work.

Felt nice to actually break 95 again for a change, long way to go though.

--
tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back