Just finished my AS degree today!

Congrats on the degree, a big accomplishment!

Thanks for all the support everyone! This is why I love THP so much. Its not always just about the golf and club talk, its about the friendships and support for anything and everything!

Great work! Congrats!

Congratulations IN, enjoy your summer you have earned the break. Best of luck and keep us posted on you BS degree.

Congrats on the Degree, must have been really hard work.

Enjoy your break :D

Congrats there man! That is great!

Thanks brian t! How did you like those bridgestone balls I sold ya a few months back? I'm glad I sold them because I tried one that my buddy gave me and they just did not work for my game.

Congratulations and proud of ya :clapp:

You should be proud, nothing like a degree that you earned

So I am thinking of starting back a little sooner so I can get everything over with. Now I'm just having a hard time deciding where to go...I have to stick with an online program because of my schedule, but there are so many for-profit online schools out there that are so outrageous, and they aren't even well known schools that anyone has ever heard of! I've already got $27,000 in debt just for my two years at the Univ. of Phoenix, and who knows where the economy will be in 2 years when I'm done...Anyhow, there are so many online schools that people think are a joke because of their accredations and stuff like that, and I don't want that to be factored into my chances of getting a job from an employer. There are a couple physical schools that offer online programs so they are more well-known and accredited, but they would each cost me about another $25,000. It is hard knowing if the extra money is worth it. I mean, the school is known for better programs than your typical online school, so it could mean a better job earning better money and making it easier to pay those bills, but that is no guarantee. I also tell myself it is an investment in the rest of my life and I should go with what gives me the chance at a brighter future, so maybe the extra money is worth it. ARGH! I hate this school stuff. I figure $50,000 in school debt when I get out is going to set me back about $450/month so I am really praying it pays off if I go that route. I guess that gives me 2 years to pay off as much as I can so that I can afford to live when I graduate, but that might be hard considering this crazy golf addiction that I have lol.

congrats!!

So I just got off the phone with an enrollment counselor for Indiana Wesleyan University, and based off the tuition costs, credit transfers, and being pretty well-known school here in Indiana, it looks like that is where I will be completing my bachelors degree in accounting. Looks like I'm starting classes October 7th, and everything will be online again just like University of Phoenix since I work full time.Too bad I can't try out for the golf team since I don't live around the campus! As much as it is going to suck being back in school and managing my time between work and school, I am looking forward to getting this started again and getting it done. That still gives me a month and a half of some good golf time, and I am taking a vacation mid-October to Florida where I plan on playing a lot of golf. Since I will be in my first class I don't think it should be anything too heavy and time-consuming during my vacation, at least thats what I hope anyway...

That's awesome. My congratulations!!

Congratulations, and enjoy the golfing!

Huge congrats bro! Going back to college and getting your degree is much more impressive than doing it right out of HS IMHO. It takes a lot to make that sacrifice. You have my respect.

congrats man. That's a great accomplishment and something to be damned proud of

Congrats!!

Congrats INg

Indiana-Wesleyan-University-Marion-60BC5F41.png

Congrats on going back for your bachelors! You are a smart man for thinking about student load debt, University of Phoenix is overpriced IMO. I just started paying mine loans back this month, and its no fun.

Yeah UoPhoenix is a for-profit school, so they are pricier than most other online schools. I think I will come out between 50-55 grand in student loans, which is bad, but not too bad compared to others. If I would have continued at the college I went to right out of high school I would have ended up around 60 grand in debt, and that was without room and board because I just commuted from my parents house.

I did my last 2 years at Arizona State University completely online, online schooling definitely rules. I only have 20k in student loans, 50k would be way too daunting for me, haha.

And so it begins...school is in full swing for me again. Just started my bachelors program last week, so I will be in school for the next 18 months again. No worries tho, it won't interfere with golf because I am doing it all online still. I changed my major from business management to accounting. I think it will give me better job opportunities after I graduate. You are all invited to my graduation! Haha

Congrats INgolfer! No one can ever take away your education & the knowledge you gain!

Back