Club Twirling Drives Me NUTS!!

Am I just ranting too much or are other ppl annoyed by this?
No, we all have out pet peeves. I don't mind a guy holding his pose as it probably means he is watching his own ball. Showboating does get old quick though.

So now people don't like people who admire good shots? I don't stand there forever looking at a shot but I will stand there to watch where my ball ends up. I don't like not knowing how my ball ended where it does. (Hits short on the green left yet ends in the middle pf the green...why? Because it hit a slope I wouldn't have known unless I watched) Just my two cents though.

Does it count if I twirl when I'm not hitting the shot? I also like twirling in the rain.

Thats because youre twirling with the wrong hand dude. Rightys need to twirl away from the body with the right thumb leading the twirl. But watch out! Its an addictive move that bothers only the pickiest of people.

I'm jealous of the twirl. I've tried it a few times and each time I've knocked myself in the head. Now I just marvel at the twirling. :D

I do hold the pose simply because I would like to keep my full attention on the ball until it comes to rest, and its unfortunate that only the best shots are the ones worth watching.

I don't twirl, but I have been known to pretend the club is a shotgun and shot bad shots out of the air.

Hey I resemble that remark..I twirl but only a good shots and just before ball lands just to be sure, yes even when I practice. It's a habit, like I spin the driver head just before I address the ball or bounce into by address position to make sure my right knee is flexed and the tension is on the inside of my right foot. Not trying to show off just a fixture in my golf game.

I must admit I am this guy. I do it every full shot. Never with a wedge though. Hopefully we don't ever play golf you will hate me.

PS I was doing this in 1994 before I ever saw that guy play.

I may twirl my drumsticks at times, but almost never do I twirl a club.

I can't say that I ever remember seeing someone do it in person, (at local muni, etc...). I do laugh when I see the pros do it on poor shots. It must just be part of thier normal swing sequence or something, just a habit.

I do it out of habit a lot of the time. It doesn't bother me to see it on TV.

I'm probably that guy but never on the range. I'm not really a sheather or anything with the putter itself. Only the fist pump then, but the club twirl after I make a respectable shot in my own opinion or mind. I'm not bothered by other club twirlers as I rarely notice because I'm watching the ball.

I see it all day everyday at my range, especially with the younger crowd. If you hit one pure go ahead and twirl it but on every shot is a bit much. I know a guy that twirls his clubs after a shank....:D

my buddy has been trying to perfect it ,he also does a great arnold finish and a superb gary player 'elvis finish'
always good for a laugh during a slow round
if you havent seen gary player do his elvis finish look for it on you tube its really funny

I guess it's a little annoying while watching the pros but I rarely see anyone do it when I play... at least it's not as bad as the grunting in pro tennis!

I like to grunt when I hit a 215 yard bomb with my driver. Followed by a twirl, of course.

I like it when Phil does the club twirl as he is stepping up to the ball. It seems like he is so relaxed when he does that.

HAHA, I have not noticed very much club swirls. Although just getting back into the game, I haven't been around a lot of other golfers. Now that i read this I am sure i am going to start seeing it everywhere now.

I've done it at times, but it isn't something I think about or practice... I just started doing it unconsciously after a particularly good shot. Then at some point I just quit doing it. I prefer holding the pose. That tells me that I actually finished a swing with my balance intact. I like to think that I look as good as it feels, but that's probably too much to hope for. :D

I have learned to love club twirling just because of how many people hate it. This rules.

I twirled after every hanks I hit on the range today.

Back