Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks ago, I shot 104 at a new to me, and relatively easy course.

Last week, I shot 127 :angry: at a new to me and rather hard course.

Tomorrow, I have decided I WILL shoot under 110 at my triumphant return to the hard course!!!

I WILL break 100 before the snow falls in eastern PA!

you have already won half the battle. "Failure to prepare is preparing to fail."

Victory, of a sort! I went to the hard course and there was a bit of a cue so I headed to another small 9 hole course (35 par). It's certainly not as easy as the easy course where I got my 104 but it's not quite as hard as the other. I figured I would just play it once so I could really focus on playing better golf.

On the first tee, which is always my nemesis no matter the course, I blew up and took 10 shots to put the ball in the cup on a par 4. Horror. Some how, I was able to shake it off and started to make some shots. After a few double bogies, I hit a streak of 4 bogies and ended the 9 with a 54. Since I was doing well, I thought I might as well pony up a few more bucks and finish off the 18.

Again, that damn first hole got in my head. Not as bad, but it still took 7 shots. The rest of the round went relatively well with 6 bogies. I ended with 49 on the second 9 for a total of 103! A new personal best.

If not for my first tee nerves, I would have easily broken 100. It's silly too, since there was no one around and no one waiting. I just get stage fright on the first tee. Still, I'm happy and I did what I set out to do, break 110.

I expect 100 will fall by the end of August.

Last edited:
96 at my regular course, where I used to score 102-105. It was so frustrating coming so close to 100 every time and never breaking through.

Today, the starter started us off in the back nine because the front was having a shotgun tournament. I didn't warm up at all. Topped my tee shot and it went about thirty yards. Amazingly I was able to save par from there with a great up and down. That gave me a confidence boost and I ended up finishing the back 9 at 44. Some trouble came back in the front nine, esp. since we were hurrying a bit to finish before sundown, so 44 + 52 = 96. 34 putts. Three up & downs, which is also amazing since I haven't gotten an up & down in a very long time.

Anyway, a solid break. I think I can sart hanging out in the trying to break 90 thread now. :banana:

105 for me yesterday with a huge hangover. Driver and hybrids were excellent but new putter let me down badly......well it didn't, I should have had a practise prior to the round. Far too many 3 and 4 putts. 3 pars in a row on the front 9 though, making GIR makes such a difference

Broke 100 on a moderately difficult course last weekend... an honest 99! :)

96 for me, after 7 rounds in row averaging 103.2 but never below 100. Pretty excited to get back out there.

I've broken 100 a couple times this year mainly by not letting my bad shots get in my head and stay there as well as choosing shots I know I can hit instead of trying to pull out a miracle with it. As long as I keep this up, look out 90, you're next!

I shot a 112 and a 109 over the weekend. Pretty crappy for most golfers but my two lowest scores to date. At the turn for both, I was on pace to break a hundred........then the dreaded blow up holes popped up. No worries, I still think I can join the breaking 100 club by the end of the golfing season.

I shot a 112 and a 109 over the weekend. Pretty crappy for most golfers but my two lowest scores to date. At the turn for both, I was on pace to break a hundred........then the dreaded blow up holes popped up. No worries, I still think I can join the breaking 100 club by the end of the golfing season.

All that matters is that it's your lowest score, and it means you're getting better. You will break in no time. Just keep up at it. Hopefully I can post soon that I finally broke 100. Ever so close the other day with a 102, but it will come in time.

105 for me today. 6 strokes better than the last round I played, and I wasn't fighting the lefts as much. Now, I just need to stop losing balls off the tee, which is where I lost most of my strokes today, 11 balls lost. Opened up with a 7, but still managed a 46 on the front. The back was where I lost 8 of the 11 balls. ust need to get that a little more under control, as my swing is starting to come back again, slowly.

Annoyed!! Great round on Sunday, drives and irons all going pretty well and let down by my new putter (user error) and then last night was utterly the reverse. Stupid game!

inching closer to breaking 100... Last round I played my "new" swing (less steep) without any real range work and shot a 103 (55 front/48 back). The best I have ever scored on that particular course! I am playing tomorrow morning on a course I used to love but have not played in a few years.... I am hopeful :)

My "new" swing is definitely a better one. Once I have the muscle memory down and am more consistent I should be consistently be hitting in the 90s and aiming for the 80s. But for now.... a 99 sounds really awesome.

After one year playing golf I broke 100 Yesterday (99) :) best game I've ever played ... Usually playing 105-110

After one year playing golf I broke 100 Yesterday (99) :) best game I've ever played ... Usually playing 105-110

Congrats! Nothing feels better, does it?

inching closer to breaking 100... Last round I played my "new" swing (less steep) without any real range work and shot a 103 (55 front/48 back). The best I have ever scored on that particular course! I am playing tomorrow morning on a course I used to love but have not played in a few years.... I am hopeful :)

My "new" swing is definitely a better one. Once I have the muscle memory down and am more consistent I should be consistently be hitting in the 90s and aiming for the 80s. But for now.... a 99 sounds really awesome.

Well... I shot a 106 today. Kind of bummed but made some progress. I had a couple disaster holes (dang snowmen in august) including one where I scored a 7 after driving it within 20 yards of the green (my ability to hit my 60* completely disappeared).

I did chip in from 30 yards to save par on 1 hole which was pretty sweet but I also hurt my wrist somehow on 14 and I dont think I could swing a club right now if I wanted too... Hopefully it is alright so that I can at least get in a range session this weekend.

Cheers!

Congrats!! Great feeling isn't it!!

Well folks, for the third time in two weeks and in 4 rounds of golfs, I broke 100 again. In the past two days I've shot a 99 and 98. Yesterday would have been three strokes lower had I not "stood up" on three fairway shots with my 3W.

So, while I think I'll visit from time to time, I'm going to go over the Breaking 90 thread and introduce myself. I'm scared about moving into the new decade but excited too. Thank you for all your support here the past 18 months.

Good luck everyone and looking forward to seeing you in the Breaking 90 thread very soon!

Grats! I hope to be joining you soon.

So my new Odyssey White Ice #1 putter should be here today. I might be wrong, but I really feel like this is going to help me break into the upper 90's. I loved this putter in the stores. My putting is what has hindered me with a honest 3 putts on almost every hole. So I will hopefully get to post tomorrow that I finally broke.

99 today! 2nd time breaking 100, and it's my birthday!
I was the picture of inconsistency with two 8's and two birdies (first time I've ever had two birds in a round). I made about 4 or 5 putts from 20-30 feet, that was the difference.

You are more than welcome to join, I did :) The more the merrier!! I wish for that day where I'd break 100 as well!! Its in the far far future though :wink:

I'm in too!!! Have only done it twice and shot a 101 last Saturday.. SOOOO close!!! GOOD LUCK!

Well folks, for the third time in two weeks and in 4 rounds of golfs, I broke 100 again. In the past two days I've shot a 99 and 98. Yesterday would have been three strokes lower had I not "stood up" on three fairway shots with my 3W.

So, while I think I'll visit from time to time, I'm going to go over the Breaking 90 thread and introduce myself. I'm scared about moving into the new decade but excited too. Thank you for all your support here the past 18 months.

Good luck everyone and looking forward to seeing you in the Breaking 90 thread very soon!

Congrats MaryC.. I hear we may get to play together at some point per my hubby aka Flooder.

99 today! 2nd time breaking 100, and it's my birthday!
I was the picture of inconsistency with two 8's and two birdies (first time I've ever had two birds in a round). I made about 4 or 5 putts from 20-30 feet, that was the difference.

Congrats and happy belated birthday!!!

Good luck Mary. We know you will succeed there just as well as you have here. Don't forget to drop in and say hi!

As far as myself, another big step backwards, shooting 116. Not sure what happened as my contact was great, but I did lose a few balls in rough that actually wasn't that thick, but the clover just ate up the balls. Started the round off poorly with a 7 then 2 8s. Straightened it out and closed the front with 2 pars and 2 singles that should have been pars if not for leaving both putts about 6 inches short. The back nine is where it just fell apart. Not sure what on earth is going as I started out the year like this but then quickly turned it around. Might be time to take a break for a week or 2 and not even think about golf(yeah right), then come back and see how it goes. Probably won't happen, but it's a thought anyway. Maybe it's time to bite the bullet and find a hybrid that I can hit off the tee and find more fairways. Or maybe it's just time to find a pro and get a lesson or 2, but that eats up my playing funds. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back