Golf or Marraige?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd let my wife caddie.

I don't like bossy girlfriends. I had one once and I did the exact opposite of what she told me to do every time. Drove her insane and was really satisfying. She was the world's worst rebound.

I don't like bossy girlfriends. I had one once and I did the exact opposite of what she told me to do every time. Drove her insane and was really satisfying. She was the world's worst rebound.

I wish I had the balls to do that last month. Instead I just cut the ropes... You rock.

Or the worlds best!

Actually I've beent hinking about Thainers proposal to merge this with my Jay Cutler thread.... At that pointw e could leave all the packers fans in this one too. Well the fanatical ones. That i dont agree with.

I wish I had the balls to do that last month. Instead I just cut the ropes... You rock.

It was a not so awesome time in my life. She had a really comfortable couch though.

I have been married since 1978 and I do what I want when I want, all except for doing the pokey with strange. If she tried to tell me not to play I would be laughing all the way to the first tee.

Wow this is a tough situation your in. For people who aren't married its easy to say golf but I have been married for 9 years and I understand this all too well. I just started playing in March and I got the bug bad. I was out 5-6 times a week. The only time I wasn't out is when I had softball games and then I would go to a night range afterward. My wife basiclly said I forgotten everything else (including our 3 boys). I bought her and our 7 year old a set of clubs and they went out with me for a month or so but appearantly she said I was mean and not patient on the course. I say there are rules and a pace of play that must be followed and she hasn't been back out with me. One of our boys is on the high school football team. Our 7 year old is on the might mites team. I want them to do well and encourage them but alot of their games are during my golf times. She sat me on our deck a few weeks ago and said golfing 6 times a week cannot come before the children and her. She said she feels like a single parent. As much as I love this game (and I really love golf) I love my family more. I told her I would cut down a little. I am only out about 3 times a week now and I told her when softball ends and from November till March I will only go out once ar twice a week. I feel like I am sacrificing a little of what I love but I know she has sacrificed a lot for me over the years. You have been married alot longer than I and your children are grown so you might be in a different spot now in your life but for me, I cut down. Also I agree with others going out 2-3 times a week and seeing your handicap go up a few strokes is not that significant unless you want to turn pro and make a living at it. Good luck.

oh......I thought this thread was dead and buried. What have you done?!

I have a 15 year old at home still, they both hate golf so I have it to myself and they don't seem to mind. It is harder when you have small children at home, there is just a lot more to do and sure I can see curtailing golf for their sake. But not because the wife is naggy about it.

We need something to hit Thainer with when he does stuff like this....like maybe the belbs driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back