Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

Oooooh, I didn't think about for my backup set too! buahahahaha

I did the fitting, but they didnt have the R7 or the R9 irons, I had to adjust my irons from what my PW loft is.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Eidelon 60, 54, 51
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? The ability to stop or roll out depending on needs. Feel, weight. I love being able ot hit a full or knock down shot
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am always active. I plan on staying that way

Awesome opportunity! Thanks again THP. It'd be interesting to see how these compare to my TM TP MB's/ Titleist Vokey wedges.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 58
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Not really sure. I like them. I had a fitting when I got my irons at GG. But it was my friend there and I was just listening to his advice. I didn't have anything changed except a stiffer shaft. So I really can't say although I like my clubs and hit them well on average.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? being able to get the ball out of a green side pit/rough. Being able to get the ball to stop like I can with my current set. Hits bounces once or twice then stops. I'm pretty good at the 40-70 yarder's.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf a ton. And go to the range/putting area everyday on my lunch break. Normally play 2-3 times a week not counting my Weds night league.

Hope everybody is as excited about this one as I am. Really looking forward to the thoughts on the entire thing.

I could not be more excited. At the very least I cannot wait to compare thoughts of these against my new wedges!

What another great testing opportunity - with a very interesting approach to irons! Thanks SCOR and THP!

1. What wedges do you normally play?
Callaway and Cleveland Golf

2. Are your clubs fit for your game?
My Callaways are fitted with the rest of the iron set, +2* and +1" as well as WinnXL grips. My cg11s are off the shelf.

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?
Four! I love having options, although I don't really hit my gap that much.

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs?
They have to first look good at address. I love the black pearl finish on my Clevelands, something about it lends confidence to me. The feedback on touch shots is super important. I love my Gap/Attack wedge for full shots, but I have no clue on finesse shots. I also like a touch of forgiveness since I'm a hacker!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I spend the majority of my range time hitting 7i-LW, although I am working very hard at finding my driver/fw swing again...finding something I never had? Well, needless to say, I spend a fair amount of time scrambling which is where that 7i-LW thing comes in handy. Right now I'm hitting the range once or twice a week and usually play on the weekend. Since I'm shopping for a USGA golf club to join, I can do crazy things like play courses with only a selected set of clubs. I'm also surrounded by a few par3 and short executive 9 courses I like to play where focusing on these clubs could be great. I'm also currently blogging for a website, so trying something out with the intent of reviewing them is part of my mindset. Right now THP is my most visited site next to gmail! I comment on at least two things a day, probably more, I haven't looked at my profile stats.

Full Disclosure - I was recently chosen for the Boccieri FW testing. :joy: This fact may have no effect on this opportunity, but I thought I'd mention it anyways just in case there is an opportunity to spread the love - which I support.

1. What wedges do you normally play?
Titleist Vokey 60 and Cleveland Tour Action 56
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?
Nope
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs?
Distance control and forgiveness.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I play usually 2 rounds per week. One on Fridays with my 4 year old and one Saturday or Sunday with my buddies. If I dont play a round on Sunday, I hit the range. I also chip into net in the backyard nearly every night cause I figure my short game is the quickest way to lower my handicap. I'm on THP a lot of the day and generally post when I've got something to add to a thread.

Thanks to THP and SCOR for another great testing opportunity.

These things have some sweet looking grooves on them. I love a aggressive ball shreading groove pattern on a club

I have to admit I am very excited to be putting my name in for this review, I am in the market to replace my current wedges with some newer ones as mine are getting a bit worn!! Thanks THP and SCOR for giving us this opportunity!!

1. What wedges do you normally play? I currently am playing a (w) 48 degree, (u) 50 degree wedges that came with my ping set, and a 54 cleveland cg 10, and a 58 degree cleveland cg 12

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? the ping wedges were fit to me in my fitting session, but the cleveland wedges were not, they were added a couple years ago because I had huge distance gaps in my set.

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? I currently am carrying 4 wedges in my bag

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? in my scoring clubs I am looking for something with a good feel and distance control, I spin the ball plenty but I am looking for soemthing that gets the ball up quickly and allows it to land softly.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am as active on THP as I can be, leaving comments and information where I feel I can contribute. I plan on maintaining my currently level of activity or higher. My testing plan would be to take the wedges out to the practice range at my home course and put them thru the paces with chips, pitches and full approach shots.

I just want to thank THP and SCOR golf once again for giving us this amazing opportunity!!!

Scor has left no stone unturned in the production of each club order. Hand crafted and made to order for each and every person to your specific specs. The craftsman ship alone should be off the chart. I love the look of these clubs, they look solid. This will be fun, can't wait to see whom the lucky few are to put the 4161s to the test.

This looks really interesting. I have been really grinding lately on relearning the Pelz method

1. What wedges do you normally play? Nike VR Pros
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I seem to hit better with more bounce. I like a classic looking blade
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Same as it ever was. I feel like I'm very active on the forum and I go to the range/course a ton. These would immediately go into the bag and would be my full time clubs

1. What wedges do you normally play? I play the PW and GW that came with my irons Mizuno MX-300's they are 47* & 51*. I play a 56* Bridgestone WC SW

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? The Mizuno's are, the Bridgestone is not.

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? The 3 mentioned above and sometimes I bag my 60* Cleveland G-12 SW.

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Feel and control, that is what scoring is all about to me. When feel & control are there then the confidence to hit any type of shot you need to score with - high, low, running, checking, bunker, flop shot, just all of them.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a confirmed THP addict and am on the site contributing and reading daily. I play golf at least 3 times per week and sometimes as often as 6. I usually am on the driving range/putting green for a practice session at least once a week. I would use the SCOR clubs everytime out and submit my thoughts, pictures/videos and over all observations several times per week.

Thank you THP and SCOR for this opportunity.

I can't wait to see who is chosen for this. The Scor system is definately interesting.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Callaway Razr X PW 45* / TaylorMade XFT 50*, 54*, 58*
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Control, versatility, and I sway towards head heavier wedges
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? These will be put through its paces at the driving range and on the golf course. I have a rangefinder that can quick calculate distance for those numbers. Short game practice facility will also be part of the plan. Findings will be posted here on THP and feedback will be constant throughout the process. My activity on THP is well documented as being extremely active. I have been asked to test equipment (from balls to clubs to towels) previously and have also chimed in or created threads to document findings on other equipment I have acquired personally.

Thank you THP and SCOR Golf for giving us the opportunity to test this product. I think it's wonderful that a company can put one of their products in the hands of an everyday golfer and trust that they will give honest feedback on it.

Golf is such a funny game - the amount if shots today hay should have been with the wedge I don't have it's just not funny!

Whoever gets chosen has a great chance to really hone this part if true game! Such a great testing chance it really is :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.791723,174.712039
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. What wedges do you normally play? Callaway X-Forged Vintage; 52°,56°,60°
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Ability to point and shoot aggressively in a variety of lies. Ability to use the same club for multiple shots. Consistency and confidence.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would test these scoring clubs in a variety of situations and report back any findings whether they be positive or negative. I am fairly new to THP, but my activity is on the rise and I see myself continuing to be as active as possible.

Looking forward to an interesting testing thread!

These would be awesome to test, but I already have 4 eidolon wedges and feel I would be to biased :) I love them and can't imagine Terry producing anything but awesome when it comes to short game sticks. I went through the ScorFIT system a week or so ago and got:

SCOR4161 5 Club Set
SCOR4161 43° - 130-134 Yards
SCOR4161 47° - 118-122 Yards
SCOR4161 51° - 107-111 Yards
SCOR4161 55° - 97-101 Yards
SCOR4161 59° - 88-92 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set
SCOR4161 44° - 127-131 Yards
SCOR4161 49° - 113-117 Yards
SCOR4161 54° - 100-104 Yards
SCOR4161 59° - 89-93 Yards

GENIUS Short Game Shaft: GENIUS 12 (KBS Tour 120 Gram)
GENIUS Shaft Flex: Firm Flex

I would probably go with the 5 set since I wouldn't mind a wedge and would have more options around the green. I love me 9, but could use the v-sole more effectively. Anyway good luck to the testers and I look forward to seeing the reviews!

did my scorfit today, im really curious about this now. would love to give this a go, i see they do ship international but im not sure how many retailers over here would think about offering them..

if i were to replace my current set up the 4 club option seems the way to go, with the lofts suggested slightly weaker on the 9 and PW, same 52 and a 57 replacing the 58.

good luck to everyone putting their name in the hat, i can see this being a very informative thread.

and a big thanks to THP and SCORgolf for the opportunity.

Hope im not late been super busy this week
1. What wedges do you normally play? TM xft wedges
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? no there shelf brought but they work for me after hours of practice
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4 wedges pw aw 56* 60*
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? feel, control, forgiving and to a degree looks.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? i practice with my wedges everyday in the yard hit the range a fair bit and play weekly so they would get tested alot. my activity level on THP i feel im a regular although i have had a busy period at work last week.
many thanks to THP and scor for the opportunity to even apply for this.

did my scorfit today, im really curious about this now. would love to give this a go, i see they do ship international but im not sure how many retailers over here would think about offering them..

if i were to replace my current set up the 4 club option seems the way to go, with the lofts suggested slightly weaker on the 9 and PW, same 52 and a 57 replacing the 58.

good luck to everyone putting their name in the hat, i can see this being a very informative thread.

and a big thanks to THP and SCORgolf for the opportunity.

This thread is going to be a great read.

Come on people, put your name in the hat!

What can you share about the Vsole that I havent read on line? Do tell....
These would be awesome to test, but I already have 4 eidolon wedges and feel I would be to biased :) I love them and can't imagine Terry producing anything but awesome when it comes to short game sticks. I went through the ScorFIT system a week or so ago and got:

SCOR4161 5 Club Set
SCOR4161 43° - 130-134 Yards
SCOR4161 47° - 118-122 Yards
SCOR4161 51° - 107-111 Yards
SCOR4161 55° - 97-101 Yards
SCOR4161 59° - 88-92 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set
SCOR4161 44° - 127-131 Yards
SCOR4161 49° - 113-117 Yards
SCOR4161 54° - 100-104 Yards
SCOR4161 59° - 89-93 Yards

GENIUS Short Game Shaft: GENIUS 12 (KBS Tour 120 Gram)
GENIUS Shaft Flex: Firm Flex

I would probably go with the 5 set since I wouldn't mind a wedge and would have more options around the green. I love me 9, but could use the v-sole more effectively. Anyway good luck to the testers and I look forward to seeing the reviews!

The more times I go back to their web site and look at those wedges, the more excited I am to test them out!
Thes really look like some SCORing instruments.(to quote Jim Flick)

The more times I go back to their web site and look at those wedges, the more excited I am to test them out!

I totally agree with you. The shape of the club heads is really pleasing to the eye. The combination of the finish, variable thickness and shape make these complete. If they perform as good as they look...watch out!

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Great opportunity, thanks THP ans SCOR.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Srixon Z-Star PW 44*, Cleveland CG16 48*, Cleveland CG15 52*, Nike SV Tour 56*
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? NO
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Confidence inspiring; clean lines, all metal (no cavity inserts, etc...), clean look at address
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I go to a short game, (140 yd & less), practice facility 2x/week and play 18 hole rounds 1-2x/week. These would get the full rotation and detailed and honest reviews would follow each outing with them. I would be active iin the review thread and respond to any and all questions.

Checked out the website and got these results from the SCORFit system:

SCOR4161 5 Club Set

SCOR4161 44° - 139-143 Yards
SCOR4161 48° - 126-130 Yards
SCOR4161 52° - 115-119 Yards
SCOR4161 56° - 104-108 Yards
SCOR4161 60° - 95-99 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set

SCOR4161 45° - 136-140 Yards
SCOR4161 50° - 121-125 Yards
SCOR4161 55° - 107-111 Yards
SCOR4161 60° - 95-99 Yards
GENIUS Short Game Shaft

GENIUS Short Game Shaft:
GENIUS 12 (KBS Tour 120 Gram)

GENIUS Shaft Flex: Firm + Flex

I am a 5 wedge set kind of guy I think. I used to have a no name 64* wedge that I loved! I'm a big fan of more full swing wedge shots and I'd rather not open up a 56 or 58 just because of the variables. I currently game a 60 and am starting to dial it in, but am still inconsistent with it for sure...

I agree!!

Back