Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how bad my 9 was, I had a good finishing hole. Was +10 going into 9 (480 yard par 5). Hit my 2nd shot into a deep bunker with a high lip. Had to really get under the ball, and thought I hit it way too hard. But the ball took 1 hop, and skidded to a stop, leaving me with a 2 footer for birdie. :)

Average day all around until #8 at my regular course. Short (312yd) Par 4. I decided to try and go for it. It you can carry it 280-285, there is a shoot it can hit which runs the ball right up on to the green. Well my ball carried 279 and I ended up in the bunker right before the shoot. Take out my 58* and swing. Ball goes up and slam dunk right into the cup. First time I've ever done that. Really sweet feeling. The eagle helped me to a +2 on the first 9, then shot +3 on the back. Not a bad day overall, but I couldn't help thinking about slamming it all day long.

today on hole 9 I droped my pitching wedge from about 110, about a foot away and rimmed out leaving me a 6 inch birdie put. It was one of those shots that you know it is money right off the club face. The rest of my round was crap though.

today on hole 9 I droped my pitching wedge from about 110, about a foot away and rimmed out leaving me a 6 inch birdie put.

Would've been cool if it went in. Same thing happened at an outing I was at. I was judging for a par 3 (closest to the pin) contest, and 2 guys in the same foursome both rimmed out hole in ones

There were a few today. On number 3, 120 out uphill, I grab my pitching wedge and put my ball within a foot. Kick in birdie. The next hole, a 452 yard par 5, I made a 15 foot birdie putt. Finally, on #6 I hit a good drive but screwed up my second shot. 15 yards to the hole in the rough, I open the face on my 60* and drained it for my birdie :bananadance:

Today it was another 50* wedge followed by a putt. Our 6th is a par 5 - I hit driver to the fairway hen laid up to around the 100 mtr mark. Pin was at te back about 114 mtrs away, flew my wedge about 10 feet short and took a hard bounce and ended up about 10 ft past - then holed a slippery downhill right to left putt for birdie :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.791765,174.712063
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole number 2 for me today.. 90 yards from the green after a solid drive, hit just behind the hole, and spun to the point where it ran past the hole for a tap in.. I thought I was going to be getting drunk tonight the way it was tracking!!!

Lol, only decent shots I had were with my 58*

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

And they were great. I always love seeing a ball hit once and stop.

The 11th at my local course is a long par 4 (par 5 off the back tees), slight dog leg right, with a dip and stream about 90-100 yards out, before that there is an embankment at about 190 yards which runs out to the edge of the fairway from the right hand tree line. I normally drive up to just past this point when playing well.
First shot is sliced into the trees, only option is to play out sideways and clear the embankment so my third should be clear shot across dip to the green.
I leave this short, in the longish stuff and now have the embankment in my way for my third shot.
I have a Bagger Vance moment of clarity and despite knowing its probably going to go horribly wrong I pull the trigger. The embankment is 15 yards in front of me, some trees along the top in a line. There's a gap between the trees, under the leaves and above the embankment about the size of a garage door. The ball is sitting nicely in the rough and I'm thinking if I keep one low and fade it a little I'll get it on the green. (yeah right)
3w in hand I open my stance a little, I have the ball a little behind centre to keep it low and I punch the shot through the gap, it clears the trees along the stream, fades and finishes front right of the green. Two putt for my bogey.
As I'm playing on my own and no one to brag to I am straight on the phone to a golfing friend and describing my own brilliance/luck :laughing:

Terrible, terrible day on the course yesterday! Was striking the ball pretty well, just let down horribly by my short game.

Saving grace was the par 5 16th. Absolutely crunched my drive straight down the middle, then pulled out the new hybrid and with a touch of draw around the gentle bend in the fairway, landed in on the front of the green for a 3 foot eagle putt.

For the record, I choked and missed the putt (which summed up my day really), but a birdie's better than par!

I actually had two on the same hole. Par 5 9th 537. Hit a nice high fade down the right center and had 230 into the hole and pured a 4 iron to the left of the flag about 30 feet away. Missed the eagle but tapped in for birdie...Ver rewarding stretch..

After I finished 18, I went back around and played a few more. Short Par 3 (135 yds) that has a big elevated tee box. Hit 2 shots.. Both were really high. One plugged into the green about 13-15 foot away, the other some how hopped out of the giant hole it left. Both balls were 3 feet apart.

Sorry for terrible picture quality. Phone doesnt take very good pictures.

Hard to tell the elevation but its sets pretty high up.

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

(This divot is really really deep)

IMG_1307.jpg

2 for me today,

1st was a 4i from 180 into a strong wind to 10ft. Sadly missed the putt though
2nd was a 5i from 170 into the wind on a par 5. Hit the green and 2 putted for birdie

This shot was so good I almost made its own thread, hehe. One of the toughest par 3 holes I've ever played, 170 yards into a stiff North wind with OB left and back. I've mentioned this hole before because there's a pond on the right and a switchback creek in front making you carry the same water twice. This was a scramble tourn and on the front tee's were 170 with the pin very tight to the left back side, almost impossible to reach. The first couple people hit the traditional iron's or #5 hybrids and came up short against the wind. I pulled out my longest Rescue #3 which seemed crazy to me, but we had one in an ok spot so why not! I smoothed that shot, starting and staying on the pin the entire way with just enough height to come in soft, it seemed to hang in the air for 5 minutes. Closer to the hole everyone on both teams started yelling GO IN, GO IN. The ball hit the green about two feet short of the flag, hopped forward towards the hole and stopped :angry:

One of the guys fixed my divot before I got there, but its the spot in this picture about 6 to 8" behind the ball.
Close.jpg

I was the only one in two groups who even kept the ball on the green let alone stick tight to a divot and the crazy part is the ball I hit, a TopFlight XL More Roll, LMAO. How I stuck a 19 degree hybrid on this green is beyond all of us. That ball should have been in the hole. I won the flag prize, a small cooler and hat, lol. Every person in the tournament congratulated me and asked how I did it.

By the way, on the back nine they had us on the back pins making this crazy hole play 200 yards into that stinking wind. Everyone brought out their 3w's and was coming up short, so I go back and grab my driver. Hit that straight as a string, everyone's screaming again and it sticks in the front bank about 3" from the green edge and hopes back, haha. No one else even got close and both teams were solid shooters.

Awesome shot Duey!

I had a hole in eagle from 81 yards out on a par 4 the other day. I put a video about it in the Precept iQ+ tester thread. I was so excited it was ridiculous. Almost as good as a hole-in-one.

Awesome shot Duey!

I had a hole in eagle from 81 yards out on a par 4 the other day. I put a video about it in the Precept iQ+ tester thread. I was so excited it was ridiculous. Almost as good as a hole-in-one.

Wow, great shot Kelly, I'll check out the video. I played with a 12 year old girl a couple weeks ago who holed out from 60, talk about some proud parents, lol. I don't ever do that.

Wow, great shot Kelly, I'll check out the video. I played with a 12 year old girl a couple weeks ago who holed out from 60, talk about some proud parents, lol. I don't ever do that.

Never say never! I was in shock and OG said I was literally jumping around in the fairway. LOL

i played in my work golf outing yesterday and we won at -11. i had a closest to the pin on a par three at 1 ft 6 in and i won one of the long drive holes at 321 yds. i had the other one beat out but i was just in the first cut of rough. good day all in all

223yard par 3 used my driver as it was uphill and hit it within 4 feet of the hole. then made the birdie putt!

My best shot was a recovery shot. I hit a ball through a dogleg on the ninth hole into the gravel/dirt. I had 142 to the hole and clubbed up one to a 9i and hit a super crisp punch shot that carried a bunker, hit and stopped. Easy two putt from 20 ft for a nice par.

Had around 50 yards to an elevated green on the 10th, a dogleg left uphill par 5. Had no choice but to get the ball up quick and pray. Opened the face of my 56 and swung out of my shoes. Ball soars WAY up, and I was thinking "Oh man, thats going in" as it lands. Turns out it landed a foot past and rolled 6 inches sideways for a tap in par.

187 yard par 3 in the first round of the Meadowood Amature tourney on Saturday.
The pin was tucked in the back left of the green behind a bunker.
I stuck a 5 iron to 5 ft and made the birdie.
The shot held as the KP for Saturday and I won $25 in credit at the clubhouse.

Yesterday I played a fun afternoon round and had two tap in birdies. The first was on a short-ish par 5 with the pin set way back about 40 yards from the front edge. Hit my 56* and clanged the flag, left a 3 inch putt for birdie. The second was a drivable par 4 where I happened to hit a perfect drive to about 8 feet, just left my eagle putt under the hole and tapped in again for birdie. Here's a shot of my look at eagle.

View attachment 3077

After I finished 18, I went back around and played a few more. Short Par 3 (135 yds) that has a big elevated tee box. Hit 2 shots.. Both were really high. One plugged into the green about 13-15 foot away, the other some how hopped out of the giant hole it left. Both balls were 3 feet apart.

Sorry for terrible picture quality. Phone doesnt take very good pictures.

Hard to tell the elevation but its sets pretty high up.

IMG_1306.jpg

(This divot is really really deep)

IMG_1307.jpg

Did you even try to put out of that divot. Geez that thing is deep, those greens must have been super soft. Lots of rain??

par 3, slight down hill, 162 to the pin, which is red and on the bottom part of a sever horizontal tier in the middle of the green. center pin, bunker right, nothing short or left. soft 7 iron to the sloped green left of the pin, stick and spin, roll down............dissappear behind the cup, as for a moment i thought i had my first ever hole in one, and ultimately settled a putter-heads length away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back