Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

Morgan Cup Supporter TripleBogieTim's Avatar
    Handicap
    GHIN 12.9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 759 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf Ghost View Post
    90% chance I'm heading out sometime tomorrow. Will give the grape a go.
    Can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleBogieTim View Post
    Can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

Not going to water it down or anything either. I have a 16oz Sigg bottle that I normally use, so just going to fill that and go. Should be able to get a good taste of what it's really like. You guys all have me intrigued.
    Driver: 913 D2 9.5* Rip Phenom
    Woods: Amp 15* Aldila RIP, Spine 18* UST Proforce V2
    Hybrids: 913H 24*
    Irons: 714 AP1 PXi 5-PW
    Wedges: RTX 50*-56*, SM5 60*
    Putter: Fastback
    Ball: RZN Black

Handicap
    TMEX 0.8!
    Thanks
    I got out for a round today while visiting my brother. I told him he was going to be part of a test and so I dropped the strawberry lemonade tab into a bottle of water and he took a sip, his immediate reaction was "meh! Not good." I tasted it and while it was better than he described, it wasn't delicious.

We tested the other flavor, lemon line in the back nine and it wasn't any better, in fact I preferred the Strawberry lemonade flavor. They didn't taste bad, I just can't see myself purchasing these to put into my water. I definitely don't think these had any effect on my play or anything like that, but maybe I am just not very self aware. I just couldn't tell any difference in the way that I felt.
    In my Recoil Standbag
    Driver: Classic 10.5* w/ Black 72S
    Fairway: RBZ Tour 3W
    Hybrid: Mashie TM3
    Irons: i20 4-9 w/ C-Tapers
    Wedges: 46*, 50*, 54* & 58*
    Putter: GoLo S
    Ball: Hex Black Tour
    "Let your body support the swinging of the instrument." Jim Flick

Elitist
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklausfan View Post
    Skim Alert...

Is this stuff sort of along the same line as Amino Vital? I thought I saw something mentioned here somewhere in the thread but I can't locate.

Alex
    I mentioned the Amino Vital and from what I gather, no one else here has tried that. It's what I am currently using and it does the job as far as keeping me hydrated and not hitting a wall, but I has an odd texture to it. I was hoping the Nuun might lead me away from the Amino Vital, but with people describing bad taste, I may save my money and stick with the Vital.

Handicap
    +0.5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,474 Times in 4,603 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaikis View Post
    I just saw this and thank you so much. It means a lot. You're a good guy.
    Naa, just a guy with a lot of Nuun. I'll try to get in the mail today. I saw your PM.

2014 - ​Staffer
    Ddog: 815 12*w/ Blue Board 63
    FWs: RZF D7& 4W Fujikura Motore F1
    Hybrid: J40 3hy G-Series
    Irons: J40 CB Set 4-PW w/ Recoil 125
    Wedges: J40 (50*&54*) w/ custom
    Flat stick:
    Jailbird
    B330S

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC Jersey Nate's Avatar
    Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffReedMO View Post
    I mentioned the Amino Vital and from what I gather, no one else here has tried that. It's what I am currently using and it does the job as far as keeping me hydrated and not hitting a wall, but I has an odd texture to it. I was hoping the Nuun might lead me away from the Amino Vital, but with people describing bad taste, I may save my money and stick with the Vital.
    FWIW, I didn't think the Strawberry Lemonade tasted bad. Just the lemon-lime. Plus the A.V., as you said earlier in the thread, has that chalky texture at first (which Nuun doesn't have). However, if you like the A.V., I don't think that the Nuun will be too groundbreaking for you, though, as it was for me.

Spoiler
    What's in my Morgan Cup Staff Bag:
    588 Custom 10.5* Kusala Silver
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    588 MT 6I, CG16 Tour T Stamp 6-PW Tour
    588 RTX Raw Tour Grind CB 50*, 588 RTX 2.0 MB 54*/58* Tour
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

Handicap
    Thanks
    Alright so just about ready to head to the course, but thought I would give a quick thought before heading out.

I normally drink 10-12 glasses of water a day. Have only had one so far before heading to the course to see if I can't get a full effect out of these.

Filled up my 16oz Sigg bottle, chucked in some ice, then dropped the grape tablet in. Went to get dressed and came back to take a quick drink.

The grape reminds me a lot and I mean a lot, of the Gatorade G2 grape flavour. It's not strong, but noticeable. I like how it's there, but as soon as you swallow, there's no after taste at all. I like the flavour myself.

Will give more thoughts when I return.

Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    Alright so just about ready to head to the course, but thought I would give a quick thought before heading out.

I normally drink 10-12 glasses of water a day. Have only had one so far before heading to the course to see if I can't get a full effect out of these.

Filled up my 16oz Sigg bottle, chucked in some ice, then dropped the grape tablet in. Went to get dressed and came back to take a quick drink.

The grape reminds me a lot and I mean a lot, of the Gatorade G2 grape flavour. It's not strong, but noticeable. I like how it's there, but as soon as you swallow, there's no after taste at all. I like the flavour myself.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Would love to try the Grape, Fruit Punch, and Tri-Berry.

Spoiler
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

Handicap
    Thanks

Hmm, maybe I need to try the grape. I bought 4 flavors from Edwin watts on wednesday and I didn't care for any of the flavors. I thought I might stick to the zero cal powerade, which I like a lot. I do like the flavor of the grape G2, so I need to give it a whirl.
    Bag: Warbird Hot
    Driver: 9064ls
    Hybrids: Mashie M1 15.5*, Rescue mid 19*
    Irons: MX-200 4-GW
    Wedges: 8620 53* 58*
    Putter: Ghost Spider
    Ball: Burner TP LDP

Elitist
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Nate View Post
    FWIW, I didn't think the Strawberry Lemonade tasted bad. Just the lemon-lime. Plus the A.V., as you said earlier in the thread, has that chalky texture at first (which Nuun doesn't have). However, if you like the A.V., I don't think that the Nuun will be too groundbreaking for you, though, as it was for me.
    Yeah, the reviews of this product are leaving a bit to be desired. That being said, I don't see me rushing out to buy any of this on my own dime, if I am not going to be accomplishing much over what I currently take to the course. I have dealt with the chalky Amino Vital for a year now and I know it works. So I guess I will stick to what I know.

Handicap
    GHIN: 9.7
    Thanks
    I do believe the NUUN tablets are working as advertised. There is no performance "enhancement" to be had but it definitely helps stave away that late round rut I tend to fall into.

I just think they would do well to maybe partner with a name people know like Stevia or Splenda to sweeten their product.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

In my Bag
    Driver: Amp Cell Pro w/ Kuro Kage
    Hybrid: 913H 19* w/ Diamana S+
    Irons: X Forged 4-P w/ PXi 6.0
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 2 51, 56, 60
    Putter: SS5
    Ball: B330S

Handicap
    Thanks
    Played first full 18 of the year today. Walked it. Though not really warm, it was sunny.

As far as the taste, the two guys I was playing with both agree'd that the grape reminds them a lot fo the G2 grape, though not quite as strong.

I believe the Nuun tablet did as advertised. As I said in my previous post, I went purposely not overly hydrated. Around the 14-15 hole the other two guys where starts to talk about feeling leg fatigue, as those two holes are up hill. I didn't really feel anything. Felt the same as when I tee'd off. I never once through out the round felt tired or that my legs were getting sore.

I think this is a way better option than something like G2. Though there is no sugar or anything, eat a snack on the course. You can buy (4x12) 48 tablets for $24.00. The equivalent amount of G2 would be roughly $90, G2 is $2.00 on average here anyways. That's a lot of savings for a product that does something similar, minus the sugar.

Handicap
    Slow Play!
    Thanks
    Mine should be here Monday, cant wait to try these out.
    Spoiler

Driver- Razr Fit TA 10.5* Matrix X-Con 6 Stiff
    Fairway- Adams XTD 14.5* Fubuki & Heavy 5 Wood thanks to THP and Boccieri
    Hybrid- TM Rescue 11 TP 4/21* thanks to and
    Irons- R11 6-PW KBS 90 Stiff
    Wedge- ATV 52* ATV 56* KBS HI Rev ATV 60*
    Putter- Taylormade Ghost Spider
    Ball- HEX Black Tour
    Scorpion Stinger Spikes, Big thanks to and

Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    Great thoughts, COLT and Ghost. And a great point about pricing...these have no sugar and if you find a flavor that you like it pays to get these, IMO.

Spoiler
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

My Friends Call Me Big Time Nate's Avatar
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,734 Times in 2,701 Posts
    I received 2 packets of the Nuun electrolyte tablets earlier this week (fruit punch and grape) and decided to use one right before my round yesterday. I was eating a quick lunch (turkey sandwich) and thought this would be perfect to wash it down. I used the fruit punch flavor in about 12-16ozs of water.

First Impression - First off, I'm not a fruit punch guy. I hate it in almost every brand that makes a fruit punch drink. Just not my cup of tea so to speak. So you can imagine my thoughts when I saw that one of the tablets that was sent to me was fruit punch. The tablet itself actually smelled pretty good. Very sweet smelling which I didn't expect because of the non-sugar factor in these tablets. Dropped the tablet in the water and let it do its thing. I waited about 2 minutes as it appeared it was all done dissolving.

Taste - Taking my dislike in general for the flavor of fruit punch I was actually pleasantly surprised. Personally, there is nothing better than a Gatorade/Poweraid drink when your body is needing to hydrate. However, I have always thought that those drinks are super flavored and loaded with salt and suger. So much so, I always seem to get a bottle water to wash the Gatorade down with (2 drinks to hydrate?). Anyways, what I'm getting at is I was pleasantly surprised with the "bite" of the flavor of the Nuun drink. It was just a hint of fruit punch but not overpowering. It flavored the water just enough to give me the feeling I wasn't drinking water. After reading about the non suger tablet, I was concerned that it might just taste bitter. No issues on taste with me and actually I perfered the taste of this tablet to the fruit punch Gatorado/PowerAid that I've had in the past. I drank the glass in about 4 big glups. No sipping here, I had a tee time I needed to get to.

Overall Effect - Sorry to disappoint, but I did not feel a sudden surge of energy that made me feel like I was turning into the Incredible Hulk. But that would of been bad a*$ if that would of happened! However, I did not feel like having a drink of water on the course till about the 5th hole, a little over 2 hours later and a full sandwich and crackers deposited in my stomach. I think that was a very good sign of what that little drink was providing me and my body. I actually played a pretty decent front 9 and then fell apart on the back 9. I needed that grape tablet in a big way on that back side.

Final Thoughts - I like this product. I like it a lot. Quick and easy to use. Lighter taste than the overpowering Gatorades/PowerAids and the best thing - no added suger. That's winning in my book. I did not have that heavy feeling after drinking this that I sometimes get with the other drinks. Again, big positive. I would not hesitate grabbing this off the shelf while it sat next to the other electrolyte drinks. Looking forward to the grape taste to see if it ranks up there with the fruit punch. I hope it does.