Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC Jersey Nate's Avatar
    Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bahester View Post
    Great review JN. Looks like thunderstorms here tomorrow afternoon so no round for us. Wonder if it would be considered adequate testing to put them through a tough range session. ie. something like an hour of hitting balls, 30 minutes of chipping, 30 minutes of putting. I tend to go through 2 or 3 bottles per range session as I work pretty hard when I'm there.
    I'm sure that would be more than adequate for these. When I have long range/chipping sessions, I always try to stay hydrated, they can wear on you!

Spoiler
    What's in my Morgan Cup Staff Bag:
    588 Custom 10.5* Kusala Silver
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    588 MT 6I, CG16 Tour T Stamp 6-PW Tour
    588 RTX Raw Tour Grind CB 50*, 588 RTX 2.0 MB 54*/58* Tour
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

My Friends Call Me Big Time Nate's Avatar
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,570 Posts
    Nice JN! Maybe it will also keep you away from those triple bogeys!

Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Nice JN! Maybe it will also keep you away from those triple bogeys!
    I wish. It seemed to keep me away from the three-jacks today - cut them down to 3 today vs. 6 yesterday.

Spoiler
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

#ZooKeeper

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,391 Times in 5,433 Posts
    Nice write up JN! Having the wife pick me up some of this before my 3 rounds this weekend.
    Captain of the #BasementDwellers in the 2014 Grandaddy against the Callaway Golf #ZooCrew
    #NoRagrets

Handicap
    Thanks
    Great write up JN. These are going to be an interest test for sure. Really looking forward to see how they work out. So far though I like what I hear.
    Driver: 913 D2 9.5* Rip Phenom
    Woods: Amp 15* Aldila RIP, Spine 18* UST Proforce V2
    Hybrids: 913H 24*
    Irons: 714 AP1 PXi 5-PW
    Wedges: RTX 50*-56*, SM5 60*
    Putter: Fastback
    Ball: RZN Black

Proud 2013 MC Participant JConn's Avatar
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Nice write up JN, pretty cool that you felt the effectiveness of it almost immediately.

@jeffconner03 and @CoachConner_HHS

Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    Nice write up JN, pretty cool that you felt the effectiveness of it almost immediately.
    I was incredibly surprised at this. I took a few swigs and after one hole I just felt better. Its not as if I was gaining energy, but I was balanced, if that makes sense.

Sent from my Evo 3D using tapatalk.

Spoiler
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

Old Coots Charter Member DawgDaddy's Avatar
    Handicap
    L.O.F.T.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,904 Times in 2,508 Posts
    Enjoyed the write up JN, glad to read about the pick up in energy and also that there is no after taste. As I posted yesterday, I have ordered 4 tubes from Nuun and look forward to eleminating the "Ade" drinks that are loaded with sugar. Thanks Nuun and THP for getting these in the hands of such a great test group.
    WITB

Big Bertha 10.5* set to 12.5*
    RBZ Tour 18*
    a12OS 3H &4H
    Rocketbladez 5 - GW Thank you THP Wheel of Destiny and TMaG
    ATV 54* & Cleveland S wedge
    SB2c
    Rangefinder GX-1
    B330-RX Optic Yellow

Old Coots Charter Member DawgDaddy's Avatar
    Handicap
    L.O.F.T.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,904 Times in 2,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bahester View Post
    Great review JN. Looks like thunderstorms here tomorrow afternoon so no round for us. Wonder if it would be considered adequate testing to put them through a tough range session. ie. something like an hour of hitting balls, 30 minutes of chipping, 30 minutes of putting. I tend to go through 2 or 3 bottles per range session as I work pretty hard when I'm there.
    I don't see any problem with that bahester, I work harder and sweat more at the range and then chipping and putting than I ever do on the course. It should be a great test.
    WITB

Big Bertha 10.5* set to 12.5*
    RBZ Tour 18*
    a12OS 3H &4H
    Rocketbladez 5 - GW Thank you THP Wheel of Destiny and TMaG
    ATV 54* & Cleveland S wedge
    SB2c
    Rangefinder GX-1
    B330-RX Optic Yellow

Elitist
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Nate View Post
    Got back from the course and I took one of the Nuun tablets with me - Strawberry Lemonade I believe. As described, the tablet fizzed in the water bottle and was completely dissolved within 2 minutes. I started drinking it early in the round (around hole 3-4) when I started to feel a bit sluggish and parched. I had hit balls on the range before the round. Here are some brief thoughts:

Taste: As described by some previously, this isn't supposed to be a sweet drink, and it really isn't. With no sugar, this tablet really doesn't add anything very sweet to your water. It's hard to describe the taste...it's just there. I didn't consciously think, "This tastes like strawberry lemonade." It did have a hint of strawberry flavor, but I didn't notice any lemonade flavor in my opinion. To sum it up: it tasted like I was drinking something healthy, not something sugary. There was a pleasant surprise, though - there really wasn't any hint of an aftertaste to it.

Effectiveness: As I said earlier, I was starting to feel a bit parched and sluggish. I had hit a few shots fat on my previous hole, and I was feeling like this could have been a start to a very bad day on the course. I took a few sips of the Nuun-enhanced water and teed off on 4, which was an interesting LONG par 6...yes, that's not a typo, it was a par 6. I was waiting for a foursome in front of me when they called me through. Hit my second shot, a 5-iron, and went to my third, which I decided to hit my hybrid - I was that far away. I hit the hybrid very well, leaving myself with a short pitch into the green and I ended up parring the hole. The reason I gave this description is that the hole took around 5 minutes to complete (I was in a cart) and when I got onto the next tee box, I noticed that I was no longer thinking about being sluggish. I felt replenished and ready for the next hole. So a few minutes after drinking just a few sips of the nuun water, I felt the effect of it. I kept sipping throughout my round, and even though I didn't play my best today, I felt like I never lost any energy from when I first took a couple sips to when I finished the water on the 18th tee. At the end of my round, I felt like I could play another 18 with no hydration issues whatsoever. It did seem like this tablet really did hydrate me quickly and the feeling lasted.

Overall, while the taste wasn't delicious, it wasn't horrible either. Can't wait to try the lemon-lime flavor, hopefully in a Saturday round with some THPers if all works out.
    Great review, Nate Dog. Are you familiar with Amino Vital at all? That is what I am currently using and I would be interested in hearing how it stacks up against the Nuun, as far as taste and hydration. My main complaint with Amino Vital is that it is too chalky. I have to literally shake the thing the entire round, just to keep from getting the gritty texture. That, and the lack of different flavors. As far as hydration goes, it does the trick and I feel energized the whole round (I drink a 16oz bottle per side).

Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffReedMO View Post
    Great review, Nate Dog. Are you familiar with Amino Vital at all? That is what I am currently using and I would be interested in hearing how it stacks up against the Nuun, as far as taste and hydration. My main complaint with Amino Vital is that it is too chalky. I have to literally shake the thing the entire round, just to keep from getting the gritty texture. That, and the lack of different flavors. As far as hydration goes, it does the trick and I feel energized the whole round (I drink a 16oz bottle per side).
    Never heard of the Amino Vital, but I can say that the chalky complaint you have is nonexistent with nuun. After 2 mins (keep the bottle cap open, though, to let it fizz faster) it will be dissolved and there were no traces of the tablet in the bottle. It drinks as smoothly as water, no added texture other than almost a slight carbonation effect. I think you'd really like this, Jeff.

Spoiler
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

Handicap
    GHIN: 9.7
    Thanks

Got my NUUN tablets today for testing. Initial thoughts are they are in fact tablets...that are in fact in wrappers. That's all I have concluded so far.

In all seriousness though, I will be playing 18 tomorrow. It will be hot. And I will consume one of these pre round and one to sip on during the round. I have like 10 tester packets that Roger Dunn gave me so I'll just continue to use those for future testing rounds as I don't want to leave it alone after just one time out. I've had these other sampler packets for about 4-5 days now but didn't want to use them until the SUPER SPECIAL THP ONES got here.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

In my Bag
    Driver: Amp Cell Pro w/ Kuro Kage
    Hybrid: 913H 19* w/ Diamana S+
    Irons: X Forged 4-P w/ PXi 6.0
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 2 51, 56, 60
    Putter: SS5
    Ball: B330S

Handicap
    GHIN 6.2
    Thanks
    Good feedback JN. I think I may order some of these for matches this season. Today started to get ugly when I got tired. I hope they work for me!
    3Deep 13* [ PXv 6.0 ]
    G20 16.5* [TFC Stiff]
    Crossbax Hybrid 18* [ PX 6.0 ]
    R9 4-9 [ DG S300 ]
    45 [ KBS Genius ]
    CG15 50*
    Vokey 56*
    Black Series #8
    B330-S

Handicap
    USGA 13.2
    Thanks
    I just want to clarify some previous statements I made, just to not be potentially misleading. I didn't feel like the nuun tablet gave me any more energy...I just felt more balanced and able to swing more freely. I think, perhaps, that initially when we start to get tired or sluggish, it could be a hydration issue. All I know is that today it helped my body feel a lot better.

And D, you should look into these. I was impressed with it. If my second tablet treats me as well as my first, I'll definitely consider this as a regular in my golf bag. Either way, I'll be purchasing some more so that I can do a bit more testing with them.

Spoiler
    588 3W/5W Kusala Silver
    588 4H C Kua
    Smart Square
    Z Star Tour Yellow

Handicap
    ~17 & Rum.
    Thanks
    Very cool. Keep up the good work!
    ~By volume trees are 99% air, except for the 1% I hit 100% of the time.
    WITB
    Driver: Classic 10.5 Stiff
    3 Wood: Heavy Wood 15 Stiff
    Hybrid 3h & 4h: ????
    Irons: Big Bertha 2006 5-AW (soon to be replaced)
    Wedges: CG11 black pearl SW/LW (soon to be replaced)
    Putter: T100 Oz Mallet
    Ball: B330-RX