Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

Handicap
    GHIN 9.6
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jefrazie View Post
    I'm curious if someone could do a head to head comparison against Gatorade/Powerade and see how they do. I frequently get a bit sluggish on the back 9 during the summer and these might be the answer.
    Probably something I'll do when I can get out and play. Was supposed to play today but we cancelled because of thunderstorms which now look to be moving out . I frequently drink Gatorade or Powerade though so I'll probably put em head to head.
    Driver: R11s 9
    FW: Mashie 14
    Hybrid: Mashie+ 18 / Mashie+ 23
    Irons: J40 DPC 5-PW w/ Tour Stiff
    Wedges: 588 Satin 50, 54, 58
    Putter: Metal-X #7 32"
    Ball: Hex Black

Handicap
    Thanks
    Will be on the course today walking 9. I usually drink water, but today will be a lemon lime Nuun.
    In my bag:

Nicklaus Dual Point ML4 10.5* with Aldila RIP Stiff Shaft
    Taylormade Burner 15*
    Adams Tour Prototype 3 Hybrid
    Callaway X-22 Irons 5-PW
    Callaway Forged 52*
    Bridgestone J38 Rusted Black Oxide 56*
    Taylormade XFT 60*
    Odyssey White Ice #7

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jefrazie View Post
    I'm curious if someone could do a head to head comparison against Gatorade/Powerade and see how they do. I frequently get a bit sluggish on the back 9 during the summer and these might be the answer.
    I will be able to give some insight in this area as I drink Gatorade 99% of the time on the course.
    Drivers. Big Bertha 12*
    Fairway. Amp Cell 3W
    Hybrid's. idea v4 3h 18* 4h 21*
    Iron's Tour preferred Cb's 4-Pw W/UST Mamiya recoil's
    Wedge's Rbz 50* 55*
    Putter Versa #9 , optica
    Ball's B-330 Pro V1x GamerTour

Formerly Known as DMB012 GrantD's Avatar
    Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Nate View Post
    I purchased a cold bottle of water for this and it dissolved extremely well.
    Awesome! Thanks man.
    C-130
    Driver: Anser Driver 9.5*- THP Testing
    Hybrids: Razr Hawk 3 wood 15*
    Irons: Forged Irons 3-8
    Wedges: : 41*, 46*, 50*, 54* & 58*
    Putter: Bettinardi BB-33
    Ball: Hex Black

Handicap
    Thanks
    Call me intrigued...I just ordered the 4 pack flavor. Coming up I'll have to play in +100* here in stupid Texas and need all the help I can get.
    Spoiler
    Driver: G20
    Fairway Wood: Rapture 5 Wood
    Spoiler
    XRail 7 Wood
    Irons: CB3 4-GW W/ Tour Smoke Shafts
    Wedges: PING Gorge 54,58
    Putter: Yes! Callie-f

Handicap
    Thanks
    Ok TOTAL skim shady - but this is an electrolyte drink - NOT an energy drink right? So more like gatorade and powerade? I might have to get some for the Mr. who doesn't drink water.

#TeamTHP
    Handicap
    The Driver
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyblind9golf View Post
    Ok TOTAL skim shady - but this is an electrolyte drink - NOT an energy drink right? So more like gatorade and powerade? I might have to get some for the Mr. who doesn't drink water.
    Correct

Here is something from their website

ELECTROLYTES

Tired of blow-ups on the back nine? Maintaining a proper balance of electrolytes is critical for peak brain functions, mental clarity and physical performance. Nuun will help you replace those essential electrolytes to make sure that dehydration will never be part of your handicap.
    SUGAR FREE

Traditional sports drinks cause sugar surges and crashes that can damage your consistency from tee box to green. But Nuun is sugar free, so you’ll get optimal hydration without the side effects.
    PORTABILITY

Every tube of Nuun makes 12-16oz hydration drinks to keep you refreshed along the course. And each tube of Nuun is smaller than a sleeve of golf balls and weighs a mere 2.5oz. Tossing a couple into your golf bag won’t weigh you down, and you’ll have them there when you need them.
    SIMPLE TO USE

Nuun is incredibly easy to use. Drop a Nuun tab into a 16oz bottle water, tee off and before you reach your ball (in the middle of the fairway), your Nuun hydration drink will be ready to go without any measuring, mixing or shaking required.
    DEFENDS AGAINST CRAMPS

On average, golfers walk over 5 miles on a 6500-yard course. That’s why more and more golfers are using Nuun to stay hydrated. Replacing essential electrolytes can help golfers avoid fatigue and prevent muscle cramps along their way from the first tee box to the 18th green.
    USED BY THE BEST

Nuun is a better hydration solution for golfers than traditional sports drinks, and that’s why it’s being used by some of the best golfers in the world, including many touring pros: Lucas Glover, Davis Love III, Boo Weekley and Jonathon Byrd, to name a few.
    Covert Tour 2.0 Mashie 15.5 X2 Hot 19 & 22 VRS Forged 5-AW
    Tour Preferred 54/58 Newport 2.5

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanks ddec. So, not to be too picky, but what kind of sweetner do they use? I'm kind of picky when it comes to that kind of stuff. I check the site, but didn't see it.

#ZooKeeper

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,493 Times in 5,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyblind9golf View Post
    Thanks ddec. So, not to be too picky, but what kind of sweetner do they use? I'm kind of picky when it comes to that kind of stuff. I check the site, but didn't see it.
    Patty, here is the ingredient listing from their site. Hopefully the answer is in here!

NUUN

The following is the nutritional information for a serving of Nuun based on one tablet dissolved in 16oz (500ml) of water. There are under 8 calories per Nuun tab.
    Active Ingredients level (mg)
    Sodium (carbonates) 360.0
    Potassium (bicarbonate) 100.0
    Calcium (carbonate) 12.5
    Magnesium (sulfate) 25.0
    Vitamin C 37.5
    Vitamin B2 500 mcg
    Other Ingredients: citric acid, sorbitol, sodium carbonate, natural colors flavors, sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, polyethylene glycol, magnesium sulfate, sodium benzoate, calcium carbonate, acesulfame potassium, riboflavin-5-phosphate.
    **Lemon Tea and Kona Cola each contain 20mg of caffeine per 8 oz. serving (40mg per tablet). That's about a third of the caffeine found in your average cup of drip coffee.**
    Captain of the #BasementDwellers in the 2014 Grandaddy against the Callaway Golf #ZooCrew
    #NoRagrets

Handicap
    Thanks
    Ha ha ha...I skimmed (again) looking for an artificial sweetner I would know like aspartame, nutra sweet, stevia, or something like that... But I see now - sorbitol. Interesting. Eh - guess it's for the mister anyway. I may have to order some off Amazon too. Maybe we should stock these! I'll remember not to get the caffeinated ones too. Thx Cookie!

Handicap
    GHIN: 9.7
    Thanks
    Man, I just woke up and already all this talk going on in the NUUN thread. I would've liked to have answered a couple questions but looks like the other guys took care of em all while I was conked out!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

In my Bag
    Driver: Amp Cell Pro w/ Kuro Kage
    Hybrid: 913H 19* w/ Diamana S+
    Irons: X Forged 4-P w/ PXi 6.0
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 2 51, 56, 60
    Putter: SS5
    Ball: B330S

Handicap
    Thanks
    I've used these and will save the reviews to those who will do/have done a better job describing the pros and cons.

However, since I use a basic water bottle with a plastic screw cap, I just crush the tablet in advance and put it in a very small sealed container and then pour that into the bottle. I found it easier than breaking the tablet into two pieces and it dissolved in about 15 seconds instead of 2 minutes.

This method isn't for everybody but it does work. I still carry a tube of them in my golf bag for when I have a bigger bottle available.
    WITB: Clubs of many varieties.

Ski-U-Mah!

Handicap
    +0.5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,074 Times in 4,476 Posts
    That's a great way to speed up the process. You should share your experience GN

2014 - ​Staffer
    Ddog: J40 445 9.5* w/ Blue Board 63
    FWs: J40 3+ Blue Board 63 & 4W Fujikura Motore F1
    Hybrid: J40 3hy G-Series
    Irons: J40 Combo Set 4-6 DPC/7-PW CB w/ Recoil 125
    Wedges: J40 (50*&54*) w/ custom
    Flat stick: True Balance 01

B330S

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,443 Times in 2,159 Posts
    Well I was planning on getting my review done yesterday but sleep overruled. So here is my findings.

Super easy to use. Just drop it in the water bottle and wait a min. or two and it completely dissolves.

Taste-wise not the greatest tasting thing in the world but its not really meant to be. So I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first drink it was not to bad. Like a watered down lemonade (tried the strawberry lemonade).

Effectiviness was pretty amazing. I went straight from work to the course to play 18. So needless to say I didn't have a ton of energy. So about the 3rd or 4th hole it was really getting to me so I decided lets go ahead and see what this can do. Took a drink and almost immediately I could feel the effects. Like JN I felt balanced not overly amped up but definetly more awake and felt better and was able to continue better than I would without.

So all in all this will most likely end up in the bag for good. A great product and does what is advertised at least for me.

Seriously. Tappin'.
    In my Big Bertha Staff Bag:
    WITB
    Big Bertha Alpha 9 w/ Fubuki Alpha 60x
    X2hot Pro 3Deep w/ Fubuki K 70X
    X2Hot Pro 5Deep w/ AD-DI 7x
    X2Hot Pro 20 Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85x
    Apex Pro irons 4-PW w/ Tour-V
    MackDaddy2 Wedges 54 and 58
    MetalXMilled #9

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcook77 View Post
    Patty, here is the ingredient listing from their site. Hopefully the answer is in here!

NUUN

The following is the nutritional information for a serving of Nuun based on one tablet dissolved in 16oz (500ml) of water. There are under 8 calories per Nuun tab.
    Active Ingredients level (mg)
    Sodium (carbonates) 360.0
    Potassium (bicarbonate) 100.0
    Calcium (carbonate) 12.5
    Magnesium (sulfate) 25.0
    Vitamin C 37.5
    Vitamin B2 500 mcg
    Other Ingredients: citric acid, sorbitol, sodium carbonate, natural colors flavors, sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, polyethylene glycol, magnesium sulfate, sodium benzoate, calcium carbonate, acesulfame potassium, riboflavin-5-phosphate.
    **Lemon Tea and Kona Cola each contain 20mg of caffeine per 8 oz. serving (40mg per tablet). That's about a third of the caffeine found in your average cup of drip coffee.**
    The sodium content looks a little high, for example a 2 competing drinks have 440 and 225mg per 32 oz. I know sodium is person to person to dependent but for some of us it doesn't work well.

I am happy to read that the test isn't overpowering and the aftertaste is non-existent.
    Driver: with
    Fairways: BLACK 3W Mashie 5W and 7W
    Hybrid: Mashie 5
    Irons: 588 6-PW
    Flatstick: Connosieur Perfecto

aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    I will either find a way or make one.