The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds as if it will be very Android like...hehe
I kid, I kid, kind of. Its just funny that the two big things being talked about being added are just things from Android and Blackberry.

Elitest. hehe

Notification system was taken directly from Android. Just about every part of the update is something both Blackberry and Android have already implemented...a year ago if not longer.

Look how long it took for the iPhone to be able to copy & paste...

The OS update should be out soon. The only option for a text app would be to jailbreak the phone, and that always runs the risk of locking up the phone/bricking it. From reading tipb.com, BGR, etc, I think iOS 5 will finally get the iPhone OS to where it should have been a year ago.

I would never attempt to jailbreak the phone. I am lucky I know how to use it haha, when it comes to technology I have a lot to learn still. I am looking forward to the update. Do you have an idea of when that will be coming? Do we get the update alert on our phones like I did with android or is that all done through iTunes? I got the phone yesterday and as soon as I plugged it into my computer to sync up to iTunes I already had a software update, will that be how I find out?

I would never attempt to jailbreak the phone. I am lucky I know how to use it haha, when it comes to technology I have a lot to learn still. I am looking forward to the update. Do you have an idea of when that will be coming? Do we get the update alert on our phones like I did with android or is that all done through iTunes? I got the phone yesterday and as soon as I plugged it into my computer to sync up to iTunes I already had a software update, will that be how I find out?

GG, I'm so dissapointed in you, I don't even know what to say at this point.

The newest update to iOS 5 will be through iTunes, after that it will be similar to Android and be over the air (just hit update on the phone and it will do it). From what I have read, most believe the newest update will be out between the end of August and the first weeks of September (around the same time the iPhone 5 will be announced).

GG, I'm so dissapointed in you, I don't even know what to say at this point.

I know, I know, I am disappointed in me too. You have no idea how much it hurt to buy this. The only reason I got it was for business. We have a lot of companies making iPhone apps now, and up until this point Hanks was the only other staff member with an iPhone so he had to write all of those reviews. Trust me, if it weren't for business I would have an HTC android phone right now. This phone is taking a lot longer to get used to.

The newest update to iOS 5 will be through iTunes, after that it will be similar to Android and be over the air (just hit update on the phone and it will do it). From what I have read, most believe the newest update will be out between the end of August and the first weeks of September (around the same time the iPhone 5 will be announced).

Thanks for all the help! I will make sure to keep checking iTunes. I am so sorry I am bombarding you with questions, I am just so new to the iPhone. Where is the update button? Or does an update notification just pop up. I told you, I am so lost when it comes to modern technology.

I know, I know, I am disappointed in me too. You have no idea how much it hurt to buy this. The only reason I got it was for business. We have a lot of companies making iPhone apps now, and up until this point Hanks was the only other staff member with an iPhone so he had to write all of those reviews. Trust me, if it weren't for business I would have an HTC android phone right now. This phone is taking a lot longer to get used to.

Alright, well that makes it a little better. :act-up:

Thanks for all the help! I will make sure to keep checking iTunes. I am so sorry I am bombarding you with questions, I am just so new to the iPhone. Where is the update button? Or does an update notification just pop up. I told you, I am so lost when it comes to modern technology.

When you plug your iPhone into iTunes. Click where it says "iPhone" or "my iPhone" on the left side panel. I believe of your right click on that, you can select "check for updates", and it will auto search for you. When a new update is available, iTunes will alert you that it is there automatically as well.

---
- ...just tap it in...

When you plug your iPhone into iTunes. Click where it says "iPhone" or "my iPhone" on the left side panel. I believe of your right click on that, you can select "check for updates", and it will auto search for you. When a new update is available, iTunes will alert you that it is there automatically as well.

---
- ...just tap it in...

I appreciate the help!

Not sure if I'm in the right thread, but does anyone else use the Caddie Pro app? I love it! I've been using it for a couple weeks now.

The OS update should be out soon. The only option for a text app would be to jailbreak the phone, and that always runs the risk of locking up the phone/bricking it. From reading tipb.com, BGR, etc, I think iOS 5 will finally get the iPhone OS to where it should have been a year ago.

Which right now jailbreaking is not a good option at all. It's a tethered option which means you have to have it plugged into a computer and reboot it in safe mode. Just I tried it to get a T9 app from cydia but once I found out everytime you turn off the phone/reboot it. Just jailbreaking isn't good right now just can't wait for ios5 though.

Alright, well that makes it a little better. :act-up:

See that door over there? Please exit. Thanks.

haha actually I almost ditched my iPhone for the Samsung Infuse 4G on Saturday. Came very very close. It was so huge. Mmmm. And I had to update my phone and blow the jailbreak away because it made it so slow I couldnt stand it. Screw the jailbreaking. Not worth it.

OEM seal of disproval!

haha actually I almost ditched my iPhone for the Samsung Infuse 4G on Saturday. Came very very close. It was so huge. Mmmm. And I had to update my phone and blow the jailbreak away because it made it so slow I couldnt stand it. Screw the jailbreaking. Not worth it.

Ive bricked my device too many times to re-jailbreak. Too much of a pain to restore and start from scratch.

Not sure if I'm in the right thread, but does anyone else use the Caddie Pro app? I love it! I've been using it for a couple weeks now.

GREAT APP. Free too......

Can anyone suggest a semi-rigid case (not hard plastic) again? I just installed a new Zagg on mine, and want something that wont' cause it to peel and bubble like my soft rubber one did from moving around.
So far I've had people push the Speck and the iCase.

Can anyone suggest a semi-rigid case (not hard plastic) again? I just installed a new Zagg on mine, and want something that wont' cause it to peel and bubble like my soft rubber one did from moving around.

First thing that comes to mind would be the otterbox kind. I can't remember if it fits with the zagg

First thing that comes to mind would be the otterbox kind. I can't remember if it fits with the zagg

Those have to be the ugliest cases ever created. And theyre freakin huge too. Id take the Zagg off to be honest. Theyre big time overrated IMO. I was in a Best Buy mobile store and they had a screen guard thats made for cases. The edges dont come as close to the edge of the phone so it wont bubble up from the case. Hell it might even be a Zagg.

You could try out the Otterbox Commuter case. Not nearly as big and ugly as the Otterbox Defender, but it's a two piece case that offers solid protection, and I have had any issues with screen protectors bubbling up.

Those have to be the ugliest cases ever created. And theyre freakin huge too. Id take the Zagg off to be honest. Theyre big time overrated IMO. I was in a Best Buy mobile store and they had a screen guard thats made for cases. The edges dont come as close to the edge of the phone so it wont bubble up from the case. Hell it might even be a Zagg.

It is. Zagg Invisible Shield has a model that is designed to not reach out to the edges of the screen, that way some cases that cover the edges dont hit up against it. In my experience, they are crap. I am not a fan of Zagg at all, iFrogz makes a quality screen protector if you can find them (best buy usually has some).

I'll have to see when I go shopping tonight. I'll keep the otterbox in mind! I have only heard of the big massive ones though, so I'll keep a look out for the little ones.

I like my zagg a lot! Granted it doesn't stick properly (thanks to a coating on the glass according to some sources), but it really protects the phone nicely. I took it off last night and my screen/back are still mint condition.

An interesting thought though - I stuck my damaged zagg onto a piece of paper to send back, and it was no longer clear - it was BROWN! Kind of a wake up to just how dirty phones get.

Those have to be the ugliest cases ever created. And theyre freakin huge too. Id take the Zagg off to be honest. Theyre big time overrated IMO.

They might be big and ugly, but they WORK! I have field-tested them by falling off a semi trailer. I went flying in one direction, the phone in the other. Once I found the phone, I finished my call.

---
- Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

They might be big and ugly, but they WORK! I have field-tested them by falling off a semi trailer. I went flying in one direction, the phone in the other. Once I found the phone, I finished my call.

---
- Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

No doubt they work, they could survive an apocalypse. Some need to sacrifice style for protection. I have a defender, and use it often when using my Golf GPS on the iPhone, that way I can get a distance, then toss it back towards the cart and not have to worry about it.

i use the Otterbox Commuter and love it, i have the black and white one since i have the white iphone, i accidently dropped my phone at work and the case saved it, not a single mark on the case or phone.

i use the Otterbox Commuter and love it, i have the black and white one since i have the white iphone, i accidently dropped my phone at work and the case saved it, not a single mark on the case or phone.

I've used Otterboxes in the past, high quality and super durable, I'm using a Trident case now, it's a bit slimmer but has almost as much protection, a couple drops and no damage so far. I'm thinking about a LifeProof case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back