Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to push myself last Friday and run 6 miles. My knees started aching about 3.5 miles in but I stubbornly kept going. I couldn't run all weekend because my right knee was swollen and throbbing - I was able to run a mile on Monday but there was a little pain still there...the pain is now worse and I'm freaked out I have some sort of tear in my knee and I can't golf until the pain is gone because I can't plant confidently on my right knee...this sucks.

---
- Tap before talk.

I decided to push myself last Friday and run 6 miles. My knees started aching about 3.5 miles in but I stubbornly kept going. I couldn't run all weekend because my right knee was swollen and throbbing - I was able to run a mile on Monday but there was a little pain still there...the pain is now worse and I'm freaked out I have some sort of tear in my knee and I can't golf until the pain is gone because I can't plant confidently on my right knee...this sucks.

---
- Tap before talk.

I trashed my knees running about 4 years ago. That's why I'm anti-exercise now.

OEM, has that dentist chair treating you?

I like to go back and read these threads the next day and revisit the good times.

were you sore after the 'check up? lol

Ah sedation. My childhood dentist did that. It was great. Staring up at the lights was amazing. Im going request this tomorrow. For some reason I think this weirdo is against it.

---
- Tap before talk.

No more than a 10% increase a week. I barely even increase it to 2% :D Stretch, take advil, and hydrate...Unless you think you need to get the knee checked out.

Why do people (in this case a woman) drive with a cell in hand yapping away in their SUV. Also why is it that they can't fathom not being THAT important to put the cell down or if they are THAT special they should get a bluetooth head set. I think it might help them avoid the oversized Mack truck that they are about to sideswipe carrying another big truck.

Another roller coaster week for the Dow. It recovered some yesterday but back under 11,000 today. The only good thing about this is oil prices are dropping along with it (even though it is up a little today). Sucks, sucks and more sucks.

Decided not to play golf today because it looked like 80% chance of rain...starting at like 12pm supposedly.....It has been sunny and 75 with a light breeze all day. It better be like this tomorrow when I have a lesson and actually play :angry:

Just starting into our high school golf season and our coach could care less. He missed the first match we played and showed up just in time for yesterday's match. I have just started shooting the best rounds of my life( 1 and 2 over on 9) and he hasn't even tried to tell me good job, or keep up the good work. I don't even have a matching shirt with the rest of the team because I decided to grow 4 inches and he says he couldn't get me a shirt this year. It's my dang senior year and he hasn't a care for it. I'm just so ticked off. I'm trying to go into college golf and with his lazy mindset, I should just forget it.

Just starting into our high school golf season and our coach could care less. He missed the first match we played and showed up just in time for yesterday's match. I have just started shooting the best rounds of my life( 1 and 2 over on 9) and he hasn't even tried to tell me good job, or keep up the good work. I don't even have a matching shirt with the rest of the team because I decided to grow 4 inches and he says he couldn't get me a shirt this year. It's my dang senior year and he hasn't a care for it. I'm just so ticked off. I'm trying to go into college golf and with his lazy mindset, I should just forget it.

wow tell your parents and if they dont do anything start complaining to someone that will listen and can do something
thats just wrong

we're gonna get it all figured out eventually. He's a lazy butt. I can't stand him, but he's the only coach. I'm just gonna do my best until he realizes that he needs to do something other than ride a cart and criticize us.

Playing with a friend today, we had a 3some in font of us of guys who were clearly not from around my area. They were playing soooo slowly and were taking a million shots (not picking on them for not being perfect here, but they should have let us through.). So the first hole is a par 5 with a blind hill. A good tee shot and you can hit mid to low iron to the green (I ended up hitting D, 8i). I watch these guys go over the hill and I said, "Ok, I've been hitting it good, thos 2nd shots should be maybe 60 yards short. A good drive will reach 130 short of the green. But I waited 5 mins and then teed off. I hit a "Good drive" to 130 yards and par the hole.
Fast forward to the next tee box. Par 3, 140 yards downhill, plays about 130. I look down and don't see them, and the flag is in. I look to the right, no cart. HMMMM ok they must have finished. Good they aren't playing slow YET. I walk back and hit my tee shot. I pull it slightly so I run forward to see if it cleared the small pond short left. I get up and to my surprise there is one of they guys standing right where my ball is headed...oh no. I yell and the ball lands about 3 feet over him. PFFEEWW. He turns around and says something to me, I yell that I am sorry and he gives me the "whatever go away" wave of the hand. They finish, my buddy hits, and I go to the next tee to apologize to them. Remember, there are 3 of them. 1 says hello to me, one stares me down, and the last just looks at me. I apologize to the guy, and this is all he has to say: "Oh, are you the kid that hit into us on the first hole too? You need to watch where your hitting. This is the second time." There is no way I should have hit into them on the first hole. That would indicate that, after 200 yard drives EACH, they ALL hit 40 yard shots. No. I just wanted to say "I am trying to apologize. Please accept it." People like this drive me up a wall. We waited for them to play a full hole before we started again, and had caught them AGAIN in 2 1/2 holes. :angry:
I'm sorry, this is quite a long post isn't it? Thanks for letting me vent.

BulldogsGolf

I'm sitting at a car dealership getting an oil change and some software update to my jeep wondering how long that will take. Funny thing is this guy sitting in the waiting room with me is sleeping sitting up and snoring like crazy. It makes the wait better than normal.

there must be some ninja mosquitos on the course cuz im bitten everywhere

Playing with a friend today, we had a 3some in font of us of guys who were clearly not from around my area. They were playing soooo slowly and were taking a million shots (not picking on them for not being perfect here, but they should have let us through.). So the first hole is a par 5 with a blind hill. A good tee shot and you can hit mid to low iron to the green (I ended up hitting D, 8i). I watch these guys go over the hill and I said, "Ok, I've been hitting it good, thos 2nd shots should be maybe 60 yards short. A good drive will reach 130 short of the green. But I waited 5 mins and then teed off. I hit a "Good drive" to 130 yards and par the hole.
Fast forward to the next tee box. Par 3, 140 yards downhill, plays about 130. I look down and don't see them, and the flag is in. I look to the right, no cart. HMMMM ok they must have finished. Good they aren't playing slow YET. I walk back and hit my tee shot. I pull it slightly so I run forward to see if it cleared the small pond short left. I get up and to my surprise there is one of they guys standing right where my ball is headed...oh no. I yell and the ball lands about 3 feet over him. PFFEEWW. He turns around and says something to me, I yell that I am sorry and he gives me the "whatever go away" wave of the hand. They finish, my buddy hits, and I go to the next tee to apologize to them. Remember, there are 3 of them. 1 says hello to me, one stares me down, and the last just looks at me. I apologize to the guy, and this is all he has to say: "Oh, are you the kid that hit into us on the first hole too? You need to watch where your hitting. This is the second time." There is no way I should have hit into them on the first hole. That would indicate that, after 200 yard drives EACH, they ALL hit 40 yard shots. No. I just wanted to say "I am trying to apologize. Please accept it." People like this drive me up a wall. We waited for them to play a full hole before we started again, and had caught them AGAIN in 2 1/2 holes. :angry:
I'm sorry, this is quite a long post isn't it? Thanks for letting me vent.

BulldogsGolf

In situations like this you just have to be patient. I love to play fast and get frustrated with really slow groups that play in front of me. There is a big different between playing slow and not having any etiquette. In their case it seems like they lacked the etiquette. Apologizing is all you can do in that spot. You did the right thing, if they want to cause a stir about it, that's their problem.

My brother and I played tonight. The front 9 went by quick. At the turn a 4some was at the tee that wasn't in front of us earlier. They were the slowest group I have ever played with. On a par 5, I had to wait 20 minutes in between my drive and second shot. They duffed every shot (i don't care that they weren't any good) and then hit 2-4 more balls. We were at the tee box with them every hole and they refused to let us through. It was awful.

Man I hate that for you NH, something about this just makes me mad too. I don't understand people who do go all out to help kids, especially when that is their occupation.

Went to the range today and I was all over the place with my irons. Hit every poor shot imaginable including shanks...and lots of them. I could not predict my ball flight at all. A week ago I was killing everything. High school tryouts are in a week... :banghead:

My brother and I played tonight. The front 9 went by quick. At the turn a 4some was at the tee that wasn't in front of us earlier. They were the slowest group I have ever played with. On a par 5, I had to wait 20 minutes in between my drive and second shot. They duffed every shot (i don't care that they weren't any good) and then hit 2-4 more balls. We were at the tee box with them every hole and they refused to let us through. It was awful.

Did you ask them if you could play through? People that don't let others that are faster play through is just plain rude.

Did you ask them if you could play through? People that don't let others that are faster play through is just plain rude.
Yeah we did. So did the twosome behind us.

every day since friday ive almost been in an accident due to idiots not looking where theyre going and when i pass them it seems every single one of them were texting

Tap your horn when you pass. I don't normally do this, but in your case and with your past bad luck it's probably a good idea!

Tap your horn when you pass. I don't normally do this, but in your case and with your past bad luck it's probably a good idea!

oh the horn is in full effect... no tapping but it doesnt even phase them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back