TaylorMade Putters

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
Lately, the TaylorMade Ghost Series is making noise in the game. So much noise in fact, I decided to see for myself. I found myself at a local GolfSmith and tried one out, It was the Rossa Ghost Smoke Blade or the Rossa Daytona Ghost I. After hitting around to get a feel, the golf balls were practically lining up at the hole. I made 7 in a row before missing high barely. Me being in the Market for a new putter after mine was swiped in the pro shop after i left a round early due to illness, I might give this or an Odyssey a go. I also favor the Rossa TP KIA MA, 99.99$ on GolfSmiths site. So which one?

Doesn't everyone putt better on a golf store putting green?

I hear people say that, but I rarely make putts on those sales greens.

I had a Rossa but changed after trying the TM110 Ghost. Both felt great but it was easier to line up the ghost. I've been told my putting is automatic, few 3 putts and inside 5' I feel no doubts.

I use a TM110 also which is very similar to the daytona. no complaints I like it no problems lining it up and good feel

Another TM-110 here! I went in fully expecting to buy the Corza ghost, until I tried this one. I have no idea why, but it putts really well and feels great in these hands.

I love my Maranello. My favorite club in the bag!

Tap tap taparoo

I'd never buy a putter without playing at least 9 with it first.

I'd never buy a putter without playing at least 9 with it first.

There's no way of doing that around here without buying it first.

Not a single place in upstate New York will allow you to demo a putter for 9 holes?

I don't think so but I don't really have the kind of time to find out. I went to Dick's and bought a putter that felt great. If I hated it a few days later I could have returned it- not sure what the difference is.

i also play the 110 and love it. also the new taylormade putters are coming out some time in mid march. similar shapes but new weights on the sole that look similar to the one on scottys. the kia ma tp sounds like a steal if it is the milled one i am thinking of.

Yup. Most stores slightly slop the green so that if you get the ball close to the hole it goes in. Its not enough that you could see it but its just enough to have an effect.
To answer the OP's question, I like the Ghost Tour Maranello. Its the same style of putter that I use (heel-shafted mid-mallet). I like it because it looks like a classic blade putter but its got some added forgiveness due to the mallet shape. It looks like it would be a nice putter. The only thing I wouldnt like is the color. Good God I hate the white! :sick:

If you make a decision on a new putter after only 9 holes, then you're not giving the process its due. Golf a few rounds and a few hours on a practice green with it. Go through a putter fitting and make sure that it will work for you.

I love my Daytona. It gives me great feel and control. But its really up to how confident you feel with your putter of choice.

I have yet to find a TM putter that I like. They just don't feel good to me.

I hit the Spider this past weekend at golfsmith and its one of the 5 I am considering.

The Spider just feels right to me. I love the way it looks and it is super consistent with my arc stroke. Add to that, the belly option almost feels like cheating :alien:

I haven't used the ghost spider but I love my Monza Spider. It's a great putter and I love how it looks even if some people hate it.

I just recently got a ghost spider as an early birthday gift and played one round with it. Always liked the insert but the size took a little bit of time to get used to. But, it works, so no complaints.

Rossa Daytona

Rossa Daytona

I love my Daytona. It gives me great feel and control. But its really up to how confident you feel with your putter of choice.

Yeah I've had a Rossa Daytona for years and its been great for the most part. Very classic blade design. If you can make a confident stroke with a blade putter, then I would suggest this one. My biggest complaint however is the inconsistency of the feel. Most of the time the ball pops off the clubface and holds its line quite nicely, but sometimes it feels like putting with a piece of concrete. even when the ball was hit in the middle of the club...

I'm a TM fan myself, but I can't really get behind their putters. I don't know why. I mean, they set up well, feel pretty good, but I just can't see myself using one.

I recently switched back to my DA-12 and have been very happy with it. Love the feel off the face and just feel comfortable with it. I have seen an drop in my putting average as well. Tracked by Golfshot.

Back