PGA Championship [Spoilers] TaylorMade R11 Iron Contest

It was nice weather...Tiger just wanted to spend time at the beach :clap:

Darren Clarke sounds like my wife when we play together, "Sorry, Charl, I was worried about my shot and didn't see yours." Gee, thanks playing partner! GRRRRR!!!

Pretty incredible that McIlroy is making these shots with right hand coming off the club on almost every shot. Gritty and impressive on his part.

TV would appreciate it. So would this thread, obviously!

Looking closer, this is only the first round, and there are only 5 tournament threads with more posts than this one.

I think he shoots par or better.

Gotta double quote this one, TC. Looks like he'll have to be at least 2-under, if not 3-under, just to make the projected cut.

Really like Rickie's shoes today. Big fan of that light/powder blue.

My 4 after day 1...

Steve Stricker: 1 (-7)
Jason Day: T39 (+1)
Rickie Fowler: T94 (+4)
Dustin Johnson: T110 (+5)

Team Fail right here!

Wow, what a day. Seems surprising that a steady Eddie like Stricker went so low. Anyone playing catch up is toast out there.

My lot did reasonable:

Rory E
Day +1
Mickelson +1
Kaymer + 2

I reckon with the form we saw Rory and Day in they should hopefully keep steady. Stricker has set a good lead, if he buggers up tomorrow somehow then gives a chance to everyone else to play catch up. Disappointing with Woods :(

Jason Day +1 (T37)
Dustin Johnson +5 (T109)
Luke Donald E (T24)
Adam Scott -1 (T13)

Not so wonderful.

Day
McIlroy
Donald
Kaymer

tap on deez

I think Stricker goes backards tomorrow. I'd like to see Tiger and Phil play better and think they will.

I've got a meh team it looks like:

Jason Day
D.A. Points
Anthony Kim
Rory McIlroy

hoping for a better tomorrow...

Its ridiculous. They show two shots followed by commercials followed by PGA highlights from 50 years ago. Terrible coverage.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Yeah, the coverage is pretty bad.

Not quite as bad as Tiger's round, but close.

This is why I DVR everything and then wait an hour or so before watching.
That way I can just buzz through all the junk and focus on the golf.

On a different note, that is one beautiful golf course!

Why the hell isn't TGC showing anything tonight? So sick of listening to Kelly Tilghman

Why the hell isn't TGC showing anything tonight? So sick of listening to Kelly Tilghman

She does get old real fast with her man voice. When I had TGC on it was all tigger. Like maybe he shot a decent score or something.

Jobe -2
Day +1
Laird +3
Jacobson +6

Not gonna happen.

I think Stricker goes backards tomorrow. I'd like to see Tiger and Phil play better and think they will.

It all depends on his putting. Stricker isnt a player who takes a lot of risks but his putter betrays him sometimes. Id love to see Stricker lead all 4 days and get the win. He is soooooo overdue for winning a major.

Phil Mickelson went HAM on the course setup after the round today and what it means for the game of golf in general. Really strong comments in here. (http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=73409)

I found his comments to be interesting. He's got some points. Interesting day, I think it helps stricker that all the attention is on rory's wrist and not stevie's flirtation with history. I recall a couple of guys on golf channel earlier in the week saying this course, despite it's length, actually favors shorter-more accurate guys like stricker because the ball runs for days on these fairways.

Wonder what gets more air time tomorrow...Tiger playing terrible or Rory's wrist injury?

Maybe they will find a way to blame Tiger for Rory's injury...

Wonder what gets more air time tomorrow...Tiger playing terrible or Rory's wrist injury?

Good lord did they waste enough time on his injury...just wow

Equal since they will show Rory all morning and Tiger all afternoon.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Equal since they will show Rory all morning and Tiger all afternoon.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!
Except Tiger will be playing well!

Wow, Jason Day was on a roll and then just threw it all away. Shows you how quickly a round can go down the tubes.

Back