First trip to Myrtle Beach

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
I just had my first trip to Myrtle Beach and it was pretty good. We played Oyster Bay, Heritage Plantain and Legends Moorland. I played with my new Cleveland Mashie clubs for the first time down there. On day one at Oyster Bay it was great weather and I shot 89. I felt like that was not to bad for the first time with these clubs and that I had never played the course. Not to mention I had two doubles and triple : (

Day 2 at Heritage I shot 93 but it did storm and we had a 2 hour delay then went back out to finish in the rain, so the weather played a part. But I had a good time. Was really hitting the irons great. Hit the flag stick on two holes. Too bad on one it hit then bounced into the gator infested pond, and the other hit and bounced off the green.

Day 3 at Legends Moorland was crazy. We played the tips in 15-25mph winds gusting to 30 sometimes. Lets just say my natural fade was intensified from the wind. Not a good day but had a blast. It was pretty comical hitting driver on 235 yard par 3 and 3 wood on 165 yard up hill par 3. Crazy Crazy Crazy wind. Shot 115

I was looking at playing at Oyster Bay when I go down there this summer. Did you like it? Which was your favorite?

pellynch, if you're back in virginia from march 10-17th, would you be up for playing a round sometime? my pops and i are visiting relatives in williamsburg and are planning on 8 rounds in 7 days.

pellynch, if you're back in virginia from march 10-17th, would you be up for playing a round sometime? my pops and i are visiting relatives in williamsburg and are planning on 8 rounds in 7 days.

I will be around and would love to play a round. I would probably be able to do something during the week. I can give you my info and you can hit me up when you get into Williamsburg. I live 10 min from there if traffic is good.

I was looking at playing at Oyster Bay when I go down there this summer. Did you like it? Which was your favorite?

I loved Oyster Bay. It was my favorite course. It is only par 70 but it was a blast. There were some nice size alligators on the course and the marshal was telling us how some dumb guy almost got bit by the one on #14. It was just a pretty course. I will play it again.

I've wanted to head to Myrtle Beach the past few years for vacation, but I am the only golfer in the family. Is there anything out there to do with the wife and 2 daughters (13 and 10)? KCM

I've wanted to head to Myrtle Beach the past few years for vacation, but I am the only golfer in the family. Is there anything out there to do with the wife and 2 daughters (13 and 10)? KCM

Definitely, alot of shows, shopping, resutraunts, water park. Should be able to convince the family to going when I was younger this was normally the family vacation spot we always had a great time.

Back