Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

AWESOME SHOT!!! and incredible score!!!!! Way to go KellyBo!

Nice shot KB!!! Love the reviews :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Enjoying the videos and reviews ladies. Keep up the great work. I passed this thread onto my wife to make sure she saw it.

Dear John to My NXT

Dear John to My NXT

Dear NXT,

We met in the back nine of Rippling Rapids Golf Club.

I had driven my golf ball into the water hazard on Hole 9 and was combing through the grass hoping to find it when I spotted you. There you were, all shiny and white glimmering in the Northern Michigan sun batting your little alignment arrow at me looking so lost and forlorn. Somehow, you found your way into my pocket because after all, the golf course taketh and the golf course giveth.

It was love at first hit. You flew through the air and into the fairway straight and like an arrow. You felt good on my driver and you felt soft on my irons. You were pleasant sounding and never made a thunk when I hit you clean. Around the greens you made me feel like a tour pro and always rolled pure. I thought we'd be together forever.

But then the honeymoon was over. Now I admit, some of the dew drying off the lily was my fault. I started messing with my swing and then there was that whole torrid affair I had with the Pro-V1 last December but he really didn't mean anything to me. I always came home to you.

But things were never the same after you changed your box.

Something happened to you and you just didn't sing off my 4 Hybrid the way you once did. You started getting angry and staying in the bunkers to all hours of the morning, noon and night. And what was I suppose to do? Stay at the 19th Hole all day waiting for you to come home? I had pars and birdies to feed and the bogeys and doubles you were giving me just wasn't enough to feed a growing family trying to break the Century Mark on the scorecard any more. So, I started looking around for the attention I deserved.

Oh I know, you kept saying that I was being dazzled by custom ball fittings, side spin specifications, and orange and yellow colors. You told me it was a fools errand to believe the glossy trajectory sheets. And I believed you and for a brief moment this past spring it was like we were in love for the very first time again. We even broke the Century Mark together and for that I will be forever thankful and that makes writing this letter so hard.

You see, even while we were discovering how lovely 99 feels, I was cheating on you again. With another ball. A Ladies Ball. A lovely glistening, luminous pearl of a ball. Her name is Precept iQ+.

She gives me all the love I ever desired in you but never fully received. She flies 10 - 15 yds further than you with every club in my bag. She never strays to left or right too far. She rolls out nice and long and has made even my surly 3W become a shiny-happy club again.

And her spin... Oh her spin. You wouldn't believe how she spins around the greens for me.

Why just last night on my way to my second sub-100 round in as many days, I had put her in the short side of a green and she popped right off my 56 degree wedge with a pretty clear sound and came right to a sliding stop just hole high for a kick in par save. It was the difference between 99 and 98 at the end of a glorious round.

But what really sealed the deal for our love and your fate was how soft and silky she feels on my putter. Last night she didn't let me have one single three putt and that is more than I can say for any night on the greens with you, NXT.

So, you see, NXT. It's over.

I hope you'll be happy in the home you find when I take you and your half box to the club tomorrow morning. I know someone will think they've found nirvana but you and I will know the truth won't we?

MaryC

Last edited:
OMG Mary, that was awesome!

Great stuff Mary! Well written, humorous and entertaining, while at the same time, descriptive and on topic. Excellent!

Mary - I enjoyed that and it was so cool how you did it in story form! You girls are bringing some awesome reviews for Precept :clapp:

Nice going KellyBo, that was some shot on 15. Those greens look like I am going to take about 3 weeks off from heading over thataway. MaryC that was awesome, entertaining and informative. Great reviews and pictures/videos ladies.

KB, congratulations on the awesome round! Looks like you found a new ball, even if its a little girly.

And Mary, great writeup. I laughed, I cried... you touched my soul.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KB congrats on the hole out, heck of a shot and round. MaryC, that was great, that had me laughing but it was still informative at the same time, very creative.

Great shots, great stories, and great ladies are the ones bringing it!! We gotta step up our game guys, these girls are posting some great reviews.

Mary that was an awesome write up...I wish I was half that creative.

So some of the ladie and I from my office who golf have been talking about the Precepts. I mentioned yesterday that they are on sale in stores and my friend who also plays in my golf league wanted to go to Dick's so she could pick up a box and then the secretary in my office asked me to pick up a box of the clear for her. When all was over with we walked about with a box of every color from Dick's.

102_2966.jpg

102_2967.jpg

102_2968.jpg

When I walked into the office to give my secretary her box she saw the pink balls I had bought myself and asked if we could swap a sleeve of her clears for one of my pinks.

So some of the ladie and I from my office who golf have been talking about the Precepts. I mentioned yesterday that they are on sale in stores and my friend who also plays in my golf league wanted to go to Dick's so she could pick up a box and then the secretary in my office asked me to pick up a box of the clear for her. When all was over with we walked about with a box of every color from Dick's.

102_2966.jpg

102_2967.jpg

102_2968.jpg

When I walked into the office to give my secretary her box she saw the pink balls I had bought myself and asked if we could swap a sleeve of her clears for one of my pinks.

I saw those online for $16.99 at Dicks Sporting Goods the other day and almost ordered them but didn't want to pay the shipping. I'm going to get some today when I go to Macon to take lesson. I have probably played most of the life out of the two I have left.

That is so great Nerfny and KellyBo!! I love how our great minds are thinking alike...

I'm actually playing two rounds today on a "mental health" day and I'm getting ready to go to Dicks to pick up a box myself or maybe even two since the deal is so good right now (and I can't decide if I like the clear or the pinks better, so why not get both)/. I am so loving gaming this ball and even though I've only lost one ball of the four (my pink one too) I want to have four sleeves of these jewels in my bag.

I also am taking a sleeve of the B330-RX with me and if I get a chance this afternoon, I'll put the two balls on a side by side test. I haven't done that yet because the last two rounds I played I started with the Precept iQ+ and was hitting it so well I didn't want to put another ball in play. Glad I didn't because both rounds were the first back to back Sub 100 rounds I've ever played in my life (99 and 98)! And I have to credit it to the 15yds on average I picked up on drives and 5 - 10yds on average I gained on my other clubs. It was the difference between a GIR% of 20 and 45. Basically this in the past two weeks this ball has given me 3 strokes a round.

I'll also try to get some pict today as hopefully a Friday AM won't be too crazy.

Thanks again Bridgestone/Precept and THP for letting me test the Precept iQ+ It has been completely game changing for me so far.

Mama's got a brand new ball in her bag!

Good pics nerfny! That's attractive packaging, especially the bottom of the box.

Good pics nerfny! That's attractive packaging, especially the bottom of the box.

I agree!! It's nice that you can see the balls without needing to take them out of the box.

So last night ddec and I got out and played a quick 9 holes after work. For a couple of holes I was able to play the precept against the e6 before we had a group that was playing behind up catch up.

Driver: Off the tee even when I mishit the precept I knew where it was going as with the e6 I hoped I would be able to find it. We were playing the back 9 on a nine hole course and from most of the tee's it makes the holes longer from the ladies tees. On most drives with the precept I was in my normal landing area where I would be from the front nine.

Woods/Hybrids: This is where the precept was really shinning for me last night. I had a couple of holes where normal I would have hit a 3 wood but went with a 5 wood and still landed the ball with a similar distance.

Irons: The extra distance really showed on the par 3's for me. On the first par 3 I took an 8 iron from 120 away and if I hadn't pushed the ball I would have landed on the back of the green. On the second par 3 I was 100 yards away over water. I had been hitting the ball an extra 5 to 10 yards with the new precepts so instead of my pitching wedge I pulled out my sandwedge and landed my ball just short of the green and it rolled up to about 5 or 6 feet.

Sand: I felt the ball was coming out of the sand great until I hit it into some sand that was rock hard. I don't think it was the ball that caused it to come out of the sand funny but the lack of sand I was able to get when hitting the shot.

Putting: I love the way this ball feels off the putter. I feel like I can step up and either drain it or put it in close with no problems. I haven't done anything different in my putting game other then adding the precept and I feel so much more confident and my number of 3 putts is way down. I have been feeling that I'm not loosing as many shots around the green as I did before. I'm starting to really understand how this ball reacts to different lies and it is giving me confidence in my short game.

So last night ddec and I got out and played a quick 9 holes after work. For a couple of holes I was able to play the precept against the e6 before we had a group that was playing behind up catch up.

Driver: Off the tee even when I mishit the precept I knew where it was going as with the e6 I hoped I would be able to find it. We were playing the back 9 on a nine hole course and from most of the tee's it makes the holes longer from the ladies tees. On most drives with the precept I was in my normal landing area where I would be from the front nine.

Woods/Hybrids: This is where the precept was really shinning for me last night. I had a couple of holes where normal I would have hit a 3 wood but went with a 5 wood and still landed the ball with a similar distance.

Irons: The extra distance really showed on the par 3's for me. On the first par 3 I took an 8 iron from 120 away and if I hadn't pushed the ball I would have landed on the back of the green. On the second par 3 I was 100 yards away over water. I had been hitting the ball an extra 5 to 10 yards with the new precepts so instead of my pitching wedge I pulled out my sandwedge and landed my ball just short of the green and it rolled up to about 5 or 6 feet.

Sand: I felt the ball was coming out of the sand great until I hit it into some sand that was rock hard. I don't think it was the ball that caused it to come out of the sand funny but the lack of sand I was able to get when hitting the shot.

Putting: I love the way this ball feels off the putter. I feel like I can step up and either drain it or put it in close with no problems. I haven't done anything different in my putting game other then adding the precept and I feel so much more confident and my number of 3 putts is way down. I have been feeling that I'm not loosing as many shots around the green as I did before. I'm starting to really understand how this ball reacts to different lies and it is giving me confidence in my short game.

Great write up Nerfny. It's good to see that I'm not the only one seeing the extra distances, especially with the irons.

Great write up Nerfny! Like Kelly said, I'm glad I'm not the only person who has found the added distance with the iQ+.

I had exactly the same experiences yesterday in hard sand. I had the ball come off the wedge funny from the hardpack sand, which because of all the rain we had earilier in the week, was in quite a few bunkers. In one case, I had the ball completely come out so cockeyed it rolled down the cartpath beside the hole and into the adjacent fairway almost 60yds away.

Also, I'm curious about your e6 experience. Given that most of us were fit to the e6 because it flies straighter owing to the less side spin, do you think maybe some of the issues were you going at the ball harder? One of the things I found when I was doing a side by side with the e6 the other day I realized when I was stepping up to hit the e6 sometimes, I would be really go at it and when I do that with any ball I typically take more of a swipe at it causing to go off in funny directions. Did you notice if you were changing your approach at the ball?

Mary - I really feel that I take an easier swing with the lady iQ+ ball than I do with higher compression balls and I seem to be playing better as a result. The ball just rockets off the face without having to go after it to me. The only difference I see is on the driver. If I put too easy a swing on it, it seems to to go too high and drop for me. I have to really swing through well with my driver to get the ball flight I want. Obviously that is the case with any ball but this one seems to punish me more if I miss.

Mary - I really feel that I take an easier swing with the lady iQ+ ball than I do with higher compression balls and I seem to be playing better as a result. The ball just rockets off the face without having to go after it to me. The only difference I see is on the driver. If I put too easy a swing on it, it seems to to go too high and drop for me. I have to really swing through well with my driver to get the ball flight I want. Obviously that is the case with any ball but this one seems to punish me more if I miss.

I am too which is why I am wondering if Nerfny's having issues with the e6 staying in the fairway were because she was swinging so hard at it when switching between balls for an A to B compare. I noticed I was swinging at the balls differently when I was doing A to B which, technically means it is hard to be a true A to B compare in a purely scientifically sense since you are changing something.

I am too which is why I am wondering if Nerfny's having issues with the e6 staying in the fairway were because she was swinging so hard at it when switching between balls for an A to B compare. I noticed I was swinging at the balls differently when I was doing A to B which, technically means it is hard to be a true A to B compare in a purely scientifically sense since you are changing something.

I think right now alot of my driver issues is more to do with my ball position then me going after the e6 more then the precept. Dean even started to notice that I just seemed to be having the ball a little farther back in my stance then usual. I also think that my allergies are going crazy right now and its starting to bother my eyes.

Back