The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a bit early but I want to wish everyone the best of luck next weekend. This has been quite the ride so far and I know you all will put on a great show for the rest of us to enjoy and make THP and the two fantastic sponsoring companies very happy.

Other than quitting smoking I would agree.

That's a great accomplishment! The passport thing just caught my eye, it would suck to get everything else packed for your trip and forget that. It happened to one of my friends when she was leaving for her honeymoon, not a good situation.

That's a great accomplishment! The passport thing just caught my eye, it would suck to get everything else packed for your trip and forget that. It happened to one of my friends when she was leaving for her honeymoon, not a good situation.

They would let me in anyway, I mean I'm a TaylorMade staffer playing in the Morgan Cup, with Captain TC and freaking JWOW!!! They know who I am.

Out today for the last time before TMC. Going for my third consecutive round under par. Hoping to set a new personal best.

Out today for the last time before TMC. Going for my third consecutive round under par. Hoping to set a new personal best.

Tear it up dude. Then tear me up at the mc. I play today too, then maybe 9 holes on Monday night.

---
- Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Tear it up dude. Then tear me up at the mc. I play today too, then maybe 9 holes on Monday night.

---
- Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Nah I don't tear fellow THP'ers up, I show mercy. :love:

Nah I don't tear fellow THP'ers up, I show mercy. :love:

That is incredibly un-ninja like from the Silent Ninja.

However I am looking forward to hearing about the round and the score.
You are on some kind of roll right now.

Have fun buddy, Hawk will be a tough matchup.

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

No golf for me today. Today is family day. In fact, I haven't touched a club in over a week or so. I'm that ready. Good luck out there everyone. My pre Morgan Cup preparation is not cool. I have to organize another ride for the family before I leave (we only have one car and I need to drive it to Florida). Then I have to work some 10 hour days on Monday and Tuesday, then I have to get ready for the longest Wednesday of my life. It's all worth it to me.

No golf for me today. Today is family day. In fact, I haven't touched a club in over a week or so. I'm that ready. Good luck out there everyone. My pre Morgan Cup preparation is not cool. I have to organize another ride for the family before I leave (we only have one car and I need to drive it to Florida). Then I have to work some 10 hour days on Monday and Tuesday, then I have to get ready for the longest Wednesday of my life. It's all worth it to me.

i couldnt go a week with out touching a club man you must be strong willed or under the thumb!

i couldnt go a week with out touching a club man you must be strong willed or under the thumb!

I'm just the exact opposite of many of the guys in this event man. My game is where it's at, it's as sharp as it's going to be. By actually playing and practicing less, I'm taking out any concerns or negativity out of the equation. What if I went to play today and just struggled, or had the hanks', or couldn't putt? I don't need that stuff in my mind right now. I'm comfortable with where my iron game is right now, I'm super comfortable with the DART, and I'll get familiar with the rest of my kit when I get to Florida. I'm in the perfect spot right now mentally. I'm not worried about my game one bit and instead, I'm excited about getting down to Florida and seeing everyone, and certainly ready for the media day. That day right there has me all kinds of fired up.

I get my clubs out every evening and just swing them. I like to do my speed sleeve work, but I don't need to play or hit balls right now.

I'm just the exact opposite of many of the guys in this event man. My game is where it's at, it's as sharp as it's going to be. By actually playing and practicing less, I'm taking out any concerns or negativity out of the equation. What if I went to play today and just struggled, or had the hanks', or couldn't putt? I don't need that stuff in my mind right now. I'm comfortable with where my iron game is right now, I'm super comfortable with the DART, and I'll get familiar with the rest of my kit when I get to Florida. I'm in the perfect spot right now mentally. I'm not worried about my game one bit and instead, I'm excited about getting down to Florida and seeing everyone, and certainly ready for the media day. That day right there has me all kinds of fired up.

I get my clubs out every evening and just swing them. I like to do my speed sleeve work, but I don't need to play or hit balls right now.

Im actually with you on this one. I have not played much (I think 4 rounds in the last 4 weeks and have only been to the range once. My game is what it is and no cramming in the world is going to change that. Im comfortable with my game it should not take long to be comfortable with the tools that Callaway has selected for me this week. The clubs are top notch and wreak of performance and excellence. Kind of like The Wow Factor does....

I personally think the Morgan Cup is more about who can perform under pressure versus who brings their "A" game. Agree?

Hard to believe (well, not really) that exactly a week from now all that Team Hackers will need is a half point to complete the victory. Hope you guys can relax and enjoy the Sunday singles matches since it will be over. :D

I personally think the Morgan Cup is more about who can perform under pressure versus who brings their "A" game. Agree?

For the actual matches? Maybe.

I completely agree. There's some dudes who are working really hard and to me, that creates more pressure. You're pressuring yourself to perform due to the "hard work" you're putting in. Hard work is fine but when it becomes your sole focus, man, i'd hate to be in those shoes come Saturday. It's just another round of golf to me. Not to discount anyone's efforts in creating or organizing this event but what I'm truly nervous about is definitely Friday. That's where I need to perform, for my sponsor and for THP. My golf game is what it is, and I'll play my hardest and I'll either win matches or I won't. I'm just honored to be able to call myself a part of the first ever Morgan Cup.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Im actually with you on this one. I have not played much (I think 4 rounds in the last 4 weeks and have only been to the range once. My game is what it is and no cramming in the world is going to change that. Im comfortable with my game it should not take long to be comfortable with the tools that Callaway has selected for me this week. The clubs are top notch and wreak of performance and excellence. Kind of like The Wow Factor does....

The Weather Channel has shown a strong haze hanging over Florida for quite a while now

I completely agree. There's some dudes who are working really hard and to me, that creates more pressure. You're pressuring yourself to perform due to the "hard work" you're putting in. Hard work is fine but when it becomes your sole focus, man, i'd hate to be in those shoes come Saturday. It's just another round of golf to me. Not to discount anyone's efforts in creating or organizing this event but what I'm truly nervous about is definitely Friday. That's where I need to perform, for my sponsor and for THP. My golf game is what it is, and I'll play my hardest and I'll either win matches or I won't. I'm just honored to be able to call myself a part of the first ever Morgan Cup.

This right here is an incredible post! That just happened and the needle just moved!

Good post TC. No WWPTOM worries. Golf is just a game, a great one at that. We all know what everyone playing is capable of doing. This is just another round of golf. I don't care if you shoot a 72 or a 102, honestly. I just hope everyone has a great time.

Good post TC. No WWPTOM worries. Golf is just a game, a great one at that. We all know what everyone playing is capable of doing. This is just another round of golf. I don't care if you shoot a 72 or a 102, honestly. I just hope everyone has a great time.

That's exactly right KB!!! I've played enough golf w/ enough THP'ers at plenty of different venues so I won't be nervous about actually playing golf. Hell, it's just golf on a killer venue, with some killer equipment, and I'll be doing it in style. What else could be better than that?

TC dropping the relaxed with my game bombs. Nothing scares people more then a good golfer at ease with his game. Unless tigger is on the tee and about to spray a drive who knows where.

TC dropping the relaxed with my game bombs. Nothing scares people more then a good golfer at ease with his game. Unless tigger is on the tee and about to spray a drive who knows where.

Did you just call The Belbs Tigger? Or was that a Tiger Woods reference?

I can spray drives too, but I'm cool with it.

Did you just call The Belbs Tigger? Or was that a Tiger Woods reference?

He better not play like tigger or they're in trouble. Wait, the effin show is in this they're way past being in trouble.

I can spray drives too, but I'm cool with it.

TC wins with power and precision.

I played a little last weekend, but haven't looked at a club since. I'm more stressed about my daughter's game and leaving my wife with a business that's going crazy. I think media day is going to be a blast. Probably some nervousness at first, but it should be fun once we settle in. Right now I'm completely calm about the golf. It might change as things get close I guess.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back