TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out TaylorMade R11 iron sets to the forum testers that were selected after signup and here is a list of those that will be providing feedback in this thread.

TC
OEM Kevin
Buckjob
Tadashi
2Shoes

This thread will be for them to offer their long term thoughts as they use the irons and offer feedback as to how they work for them.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their clubs in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

I can't express enough how happy I am to be testing the newly released R11 irons for Taylormade golf and THP. This is going to be a welcome challenge testing these irons. It will be a lot of work but someone has to do it, right? I welcome this job with open arms and I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts with all that will listen or read.

Congrats to all the testers that were chosen and have fun with the testing. Thanks again THP and Taylormade

My son and I had some fun opening thebox of irons that I received today. Enjoy...

Great videos Tadashi, really looking forward to your thoughts on these

Nice initial thoughts bro. I really get the feeling that you are excited to be a part of this and I am stoked to be a part of this with a guy like you. Your kid rocks! Remind me again what shafts you are coming from?

Wow that's awesome Tadashi! I love the videos and can't wait to hear what you have to say after the range session in the morning! Great intro and a great way to start what should be a fantastic thread! Oh, and cute kid. :)

Great first video Tadashi, I couldn't agree with you more that they are a "players game improvement iron". They look and feel like a players iron, but offer the forgiveness of a GI iron who wouldn't want that? Good call on the no iron covers too, you don't want to be that guy.

Really excited to follow your thoughts on these, your excitement and enthusiasm comes right through the screen. Congrats again and thank for the videos.

Awesome videos Tadashi! Your kid is awesome hehe. The irons look gorgeous cant wait for your range session tomorrow. Thanks again THP and TM

http://www.kbsshafts.com/kbs_tour90.php

This is there light offering, I can really feel the head wieght in these irons.

Nice initial thoughts bro. I really get the feeling that you are excited to be a part of this and I am stoked to be a part of this with a guy like you. Your kid rocks! Remind me again what shafts you are coming from?

nice first video on these tadashi! Looking forward to your thoughts on these. I know you liked what you saw from them when you were at TMC in August.

Great unboxing and first thoughts videos Tadashi. Your son is cute and seems just as excited as you are! I wouldn't get head covers, those clubs are too good looking to cover up! I can't wait to read your reviews.

up until a few weeks ago I was gaming DG S300 but I just put in KBS tour 100s to get a high ball flight. Still getting used to them...

Thanks man, but I was wondering what shafts you played previously?

No head covers (ever), just messing around...

Great unboxing and first thoughts videos Tadashi. Your son is cute and seems just as excited as you are! I wouldn't get head covers, those clubs are too good looking to cover up! I can't wait to read your reviews.

up until a few weeks ago I was gaming DG S300 but I just put in KBS tour 100s to get a high ball flight. Still getting used to them...

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll be very curious to follow your thoughts on the lighter weight shafts. I don't know why for sure, but I miss them. I know that seems odd or against the norm for an internet golfer but I'm looking forward to getting back into something in the sub 100 gram range.

Great Video Tadashi. Your really excited about these from the tone of your videos so far and that is going to make for some amazing testing. Your handicap is the same as mine and both our initial thoughts are the same about these clubs with the looks of the top line and sole so i'm really gonna be following your thoughts on these irons. I'm still waiting for my mizuno's to come in which im excited for but had these on my list to get. This testing should be great and these testers are amazing. Congrats again Tadashi, TC, KMac, Buckjob, and 2Shoes

Wow, that was quick. Nice un-boxing Tadashi, looks like the kid's having as much fun as you are, lol.

Solid videos Tadashi, just want to point out that I love the club twirl every time you go to put the club down at address!

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll be very curious to follow your thoughts on the lighter weight shafts. I don't know why for sure, but I miss them. I know that seems odd or against the norm for an internet golfer but I'm looking forward to getting back into something in the sub 100 gram range.

Really? that is interesting. I have dynalite gold S300 shafts in my CCIs now(wasn't fitted for them and swapped the head pro my old set for these) but the head pro putt a bunch of lead tape on my CCIs for me and i love it. I was fitted for the DG x100 shafts and got the XP version of them which weight in at 120g and i think it will help me a lot. Can you explain a little bit more of why you want the lighter shafts? and what shafts are you getting in your R11 set TC?

Yeah, he will be a little golfer one day. I used super express pickem up service. There was no way I could wait for the USPS. Glad you all enjoyed the opening video

Wow, that was quick. Nice un-boxing Tadashi, looks like the kid's having as much fun as you are, lol.

I have only playeda light wieght shaft once in my career. I had ttlite in my Ping eyetwo. I've exclusively played a heavier shaft and club. I expect to get some increased tempo with these clubs.

This club hs been on my mind since the Morgan Cup. I was going to wear them out at the 2012 outing. But now I can savor them and really put them through their paces

Great Video Tadashi. Your really excited about these from the tone of your videos so far and that is going to make for some amazing testing. Your handicap is the same as mine and both our initial thoughts are the same about these clubs with the looks of the top line and sole so i'm really gonna be following your thoughts on these irons. I'm still waiting for my mizuno's to come in which im excited for but had these on my list to get. This testing should be great and these testers are amazing. Congrats again Tadashi, TC, KMac, Buckjob, and 2Shoes

thanks....Old habits die hard, I think I twirl the club constantly...

Solid videos Tadashi, just want to point out that I love the club twirl every time you go to put the club down at address!

Nice videos and thoughts tadashi. How soon are you getting them out?

It's good to be in the same town as THP HQ. Great set dude and looking forward to hear your thoughts especially on the 90's (I'll tell you my thoughts on them next time we get together). Great start so far and can't wait to see what the rest of the testers have in store for us.

Really? that is interesting. I have dynalite gold S300 shafts in my CCIs now(wasn't fitted for them and swapped the head pro my old set for these) but the head pro putt a bunch of lead tape on my CCIs for me and i love it. I was fitted for the DG x100 shafts and got the XP version of them which weight in at 120g and i think it will help me a lot. Can you explain a little bit more of why you want the lighter shafts? and what shafts are you getting in your R11 set TC?

I will be getting the same shafts as tadashi in the R11's, the KBS 90's in stiff. I had the Burner 2.0's, with the stock steel shafts that weighed 86grams, and I liked them a lot. I went to those from the Rifle 6.0's and at first the lighter shaft was odd but it became pleasant. I liked being able to focus on an even tempo'd swing without sacrificing clubhead speed. After the 2.0's I went to the RXT's with KBS Tours in xstiff, which are 130grams. Big difference, but that is what the optimizer spit out for me. I also tested the KBS Tours in xstiff on a vector along side the 2.0's with the stock steel shafts and saw some crazy numbers.

One thing I noticed during the Morgan Cup, especially during the afternoon rounds, was that when I was tired, the heavier shafts became much tougher for me to fully utilize. As a result I saw some high, and to the left golf shots. I don't know, I guess I'm looking forward to getting back to something I can groove, rather than have to swing. Does that make sense?

TC will be interesting to see ball flights between shafts as well. Let's see some vids :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TC will be interesting to see ball flights between shafts as well. Let's see some vids :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have my irons yet buddy, but don't worry, I'll be sure to take care of some coverage for you.

Back