The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Marv or the ownership? I think it's a little bit of both if not more towards ownership. They must be happy with whatever he brings to the table (won't talk bad about them, somewhat of a 'name' coach) so they keep him around, results be damned.

WHen I saw that the first thing I thought was how in the blue hill does Marvin Lewis still have a job?
Lost control of team? Check
Not winning? Check
Players retiring instead of playing for him? Check

I mean the fact that he is employed still with the mess they have been in since he has been there is downright shocking. Almost every other team would dismiss him. He must have some "interesting" photos of someone.

Is it Marv or the ownership? I think it's a little bit of both if not more towards ownership. They must be happy with whatever he brings to the table (won't talk bad about them, somewhat of a 'name' coach) so they keep him around, results be damned.

Its both. However every other coach in the NFL would be held responsible.

Right, but you could also say that MB knows he can manipulate Marvin enough to do as he says without making a big public outcry like you saw in Kiffen vs Davis

agreed. The Bengals even sucked when they were on Hard Knocks too....seeing Marv run meetings and coach in games didn't inspire me a whole lot so I can see why his players don't play for him, etc

Chis Johnson on line 4......

I think I heard or read somewhere that for the last 5 drafts or so the Raiders selected the fastest person in the draft

I think I heard or read somewhere that for the last 5 drafts or so the Raiders selected the fastest person in the draft

I would think Chris Johnson would be on their roster then.

He does love speed in players. I wouldnt say he's taken the fastest, but when the Raiders pick, they usually put speed at a top priority.

I would think Chris Johnson would be on their roster then.

In fairness, the Raiders drafted Darren McFadden that year at 4 while Johnson went 24th to Tennessee. McFadden isn't exactly slow in his own right.

In fairness, the Raiders drafted Darren McFadden that year at 4 while Johnson went 24th to Tennessee. McFadden isn't exactly slow in his own right.

No he is not. But Chris Johnson was the fastest player in the draft according to scouting books. The comment was made that they draft the fastest guy.

Just thought I would pop in this thread real quick and say that I am thrilled at how my Chiefs are performing this year. I am realistic guy and I know they over achieved last year, but holy hell, we are the worst team in the league. I guess the silver lining is this-if this continues, Haley will be the first coach fired...and that makes me happy.

Last edited:
Just thought I would pop in this thread will quick and say that I am thrilled at how my Chiefs are performing this year. I am realistic guy and I know they over achieved last year, but holy hell, we are the worst team in the league. I guess the silver lining is this-if this continues, Haley will be the first coach fired...and that makes me happy.

And you might be in Luck at the end of the year....

And you might be in Luck at the end of the year....

Very true. And I would be all for that. Cassell needs to have his suitcases packed, too.

Just thought I would pop in this thread real quick and say that I am thrilled at how my Chiefs are performing this year. I am realistic guy and I know they over achieved last year, but holy hell, we are the worst team in the league. I guess the silver lining is this-if this continues, Haley will be the first coach fired...and that makes me happy.

Very true. And I would be all for that. Cassell needs to have his suitcases packed, too.

Both need to go but I think Cassel should go first. He's just horrible. But Haley isn't that much better so he'll follow right behind Cassel.

Both need to go but I think Cassel should go first. He's just horrible. But Haley isn't that much better so he'll follow right behind Cassel.
They can take the same taxi out of town tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. They drafted Stanzi and I don't have high hopes for him but you might as well get him out there and see what he can do.
I'm not one to make excuses, but losing your best playmakers on each side of the ball (Jamal Charles and Eric Berry) isn't going to help...

Just popping in to say my Bills are 2-0. I know this won't last thru the weekend with the Pats coming to town but I'm enjoying it while it is true.

Just popping in to say my Bills are 2-0. I know this won't last thru the weekend with the Pats coming to town but I'm enjoying it while it is true.

They are fun to watch and the QB is the best they have had in years. Ya never know.

Im really looking forward to the Bills Patriots game. When was the last time that could be said? If anything there should be lots of the Surgeon Tom carving up Buffalo's secondary and then lots of Fitz and Johnson trying to catch up.

I'm really looking forwards to the Packers / bears game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back