Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Driver

1. What driver do you currently play? TM Burner SuperFast 2.0 (10.5*, Stiff)
2. What is your driver swing speed? 98-100mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Matrix X-Con 4.8, stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Fade/Slice. I'm looking for reduced spin/more forgiveness for my naturally outside-in swingpath.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'll be taking the driver to the range at least once a week, and I play a round of 18 once a week. I live in FL so Golf is in season year round here. I can compare this driver to my Burner SF2.0 which is a very popular and well reviewed driver so people can see the relative results.

1. What driver do you currently play? Ping G20
2. What is your driver swing speed? 90
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Ping OEM shaft, stiff flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Main miss right now is high and right slice. In my next driver Id be looking for straight with good distance.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process would be a mix of driving range time and course play all depending on conditions. THP activity level is all relative to the activity on THP.

1. What driver do you currently play? Ping G20
2. What is your driver swing speed? avg 100...max out at 105
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Miyazaki C Kua, stiff flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Either a block or slice to the right (RH golfer). Looking for mid-high launch with low spin and straight ball flight with forgiveness
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I would detail my thoughts with pictures and updates both here on THP and on Twitter. I'm an active member and equipment tester on THP and will continue to be.

1. What driver do you currently play? - TaylorMade R9 SuperTri

2. What is your driver swing speed? - 105 mph

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? - Project X 6.0 Graphite

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? - Main miss is a hook left. I am looking for more consistency off the mishits where shots off the toe do not miss by as much as they miss on my current driver

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? - I am a daily contributor to many different sections of the subforums, not just the equipment section. I am a previous THP equipment tester who underestimated how much work was involved with testing. After a few tips & changes, I have received many positive feedback posts and thank yous on how I can relate my findings through written writeups and videos on THP & posts to Twitter. I would continue this trend by continuing to visit the range 1-2 times a week and play golf 3-4 times a month. I travel weekly for work, so I have been able to take my clubs all around the country for my previous testings.

1. Callaway FT Tour 9.5 Degrees
2. 90-92
3. Project X 5.0
4. Sometimes when I really go after it, I get to armsy, come over the top and my little baby fade turns into a a big block to the right. Would love to be able to turn the ball over when I want but can't with current driver. Looking for more consistentcy and a drive that produces more roll. Too much spin-need to lower ball flight.
5. Testing process would include substantial in depth range work. I have the use of a Track Man so I will be able to get good data about the performane of this driver both individually as well as compare it to other drivers I have as well as those available to me. Depending on weather I will try to get out to the course as much as possible. Finally I have a couple of buddy trips planned so this will be a good opportunity to see how the club "travels" as well as let others who know me and my game observe how the club performs.

Thanks for the opportunity of signing up.

I'm really curious which driver this is. Quite a few new ones coming out soon.

Same here. Somehow, I'm thinking about the new Callaway Razr Fit drivers, but that's purely a guess on my part.

Darn. Lots of forum testing going on, and my season is over. Boooo. Maybe next year.

Again, same here, I'm going to sit this one out as winter is quickly approaching. Best of luck to everyone!

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylor Made Burner HT
2. What is your driver swing speed? About 90 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Senior Graphite
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Occasional push generated by a poor follow thru. Something with a lower flight path, my current drive is somewhere around 12.5*
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? The only way to test something is to use it. Winter is coming but on the nice days I get out when I can, if not I go to the driving range which is heated. I go about 2 or 3 times a week to either. Being retired I can go when ever the weather is decent. I contribute daily to articles that interest me. I read a lot more than I post to..

Last edited:
1. What driver do you currently play? Titleist 910D2
2. What is your driver swing speed? Mid 90s
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Project-X 7D3, which is equivalent to their 5.5 (firm flex)
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss is a nasty hook.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play at least once a week, I will provide video and images of the driver and testing process, I live in Florida so weather is not a concern. I frequent THP everyday.

1. What driver do you currently play? I currently play the R11
2. What is your driver swing speed?
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play?
Great question :D I have been switching between my ahina In X flex and the Nunchuck. I actually think that I should be playing a stout Stiff as opposed to an X stiff shaft.
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver?
My main miss is a push fade. What I look for in a driver is something that can give me increased consistency without sacrificing distance. I have also fallen in love with the adjustability of my driver.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
Oregon is a place where you can golf all year round, you just need to brave the rain, which isn't a problem for me. I plan on getting out and playing a round at least once a month and most likely twice a month. I have signed up for an indoor facility that has a simulator and I have covered driving ranges near me as well, which will allow me to practice 1-2 times a week throughout the winter. I would also get LM data like I have done with other things I have been testing. I am an active member on THP and I plan on updating the thread with all my thoughts and findings.

Would love to get in on this review opportunity, but I think seasonal restrictions would keep me from offering the most detailed review. Best of luck to those signing up.

Thanks THP and mystery company for this opportunity.

1. What driver do you currently play? Nike VR Tour STR8-FIT 9.5
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Aldila Voodoo Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Tendency to fade the ball, align too far right more than slice. Want forgiveness, accuracy more than distance
I've become an active participant on the forum and I've read the forum testing examples to see what forum members look for in product testing. I have the resources to provide pictures, videos, and updates on the forum and twitter after each golf outing.

1. What driver do you currently play? Titleist 905S
2. What is your driver swing speed? 100mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? X-Stiff Graphite Design YS-6
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Starts off right and leaks more right.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I can easily provide details from range sessions on a weekly basis, including launch monitor numbers and golf video software (V1). It is also quite possible that, on slow days, I will be able to do dispersion tests and actually walk onto the range to see how far left/right balls end up from center. During winter months, I will have access to indoor hitting area. So, inclement weather will not detract from ability to provide weekly feedback. Any questions asked of me on THP would get answered within 24-48 hours, barring vacations or emergencies.

Thank you to THP and the To Be Named Company for the testing.

Excellent! I love mystery testing. The driver is one thing I'm concentrating on over the winter too.

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R9 TP

2. What is your driver swing speed? ~100mph

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Motore F1 X flex

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver?
My miss this season has been a hook, as a result of moving in front of the ball and smothering it. For my next driver, I'm looking for a driver that is forgiving on hits high on the face in particular, and offers me a relatively high launch and good air time.

My testing process would be a mix of range time and course time, leaning towards range time over the winter. I've been planning on hitting the practice with the driver hard over the winter months. During my range sessions, I have access to a Trackman monitor, so I will be able to chart my progress with this driver, and put it head-to-head with not only my current driver, but quite a few others. I'll present a combination of hard data, intangible opinion, and course feedback in the form of write ups, pictures and videos.
I have been a THP'er for about a year and a half now. I like to think I'm pretty active, well known and even respected at times! I really enjoy the forum testing aspect, the home page reviews and articles and like to get involved in all the forum testing threads I can, whether I'm testing the product or not.

1. What driver do you currently play? TM Burner 2.0
2. What is your driver swing speed? 102-105 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stock Burner 2.0 shaft, Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss is a push most of the time. In my next driver I am looking for something with more control.
I can play year round here and will still get out to the course 2-3 times a week. I have unlimited range balls as well as greens fees at the club I belong to, which will allow me to give this several swings each outing. I am on Twitter and FB so I will be able to update mid round or range sessions with thoughts about the club and later do a full update when I return home. I am on THP everyday and tend to contribute in some fashion regularly.

Thanks THP and OEM for the opportunity!

I'm waiting for Jacob Robertson's investigation and theory on the mystery company :)

1. What driver do you currently play? I currently play the Titleist 910 D2
2. What is your driver swing speed? 116mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? X-Flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I am looking for something that is a low spin, low flight driver. I am a "high ball" hitter with my natural swing, so I would like something that would help potentially lower my ball flight.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing process will include on course testing for the rest of the season, then it will continue on the driving range as we have heated driving ranges. This year I am also looking to use the golf simulator in our area to keep my swing "tuned up" during the off season. I will have plenty of opportunity to swint this club and give my honest feedback. My current participation on the website is I visit on a daily basis and post when I feel I can add something inteligent to the topic. I do not post just to raise my post count. I had to take a small leave from the message board to handle some family issues, but that is taken care of and I am once again back and giving my imput. I have not been selected to test anything as of yet, but I enjoy reading other testers results and would love the opportunity to impart my own testing and relay that information.

Thanks once again for this opportunity!! It's things like this that make THP the best golf website on the internet!!!

1. What driver do you currently play? Titleist 909D3
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? 76g. UST Proforce V2, stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Right, overfade...would like to reduce this tendency without bringing the hook into play. And although distance isn't much of an issue for me, I would like something that I don't have to go at quite so hard to get the performance.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I work at a golf course, so I can play/practice every day. Testing will consist of an initial side by side comparison on the range with my current driver, then on to extensive course time with the test product being my primary driver. My general feeling is that switching between a test club and a more familiar one will lead to too much inconsistency and therefore an unfair impression of the test club. The reviews will be delivered in the style forum readers have become accustomed to. As far my activity, I'm here everyday. I post when I can contribute something meaningful, otherwise I keep a low profile, preferring to learn.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
1. What driver do you currently play?
Adams Speedline Fast 10

avg swing speed is around 108mph

3. What shaft and flex do you play?
Aldila Wasabi 60g Stiff

I miss my driver high right. Next driver I'd consider purchasing a driver with a lower spin rate.

I would compare the test driver with my current driver and see how it stacks up on a performance perspective. Since feel is subjective, I'd rather focus on the performance side of things and determine whether or not the club will enhance one's game. There's a launch monitor at my local golf course (for a fee of course) and I'd compare the performance between the test driver and my current stick. It's been pretty hectic at work lately since it's year end, but i'm on the site on a regular basis. I'd update the community with my thoughts and findings on a regular basis and work to get better during the offseason.

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade Burner HT
2. What is your driver swing speed? 90 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stock shaft regular flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I have a moderate slice (25 yds) My next driver should be one designed for slower swing speeds
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am on the driving range 3 times a week up until they close in mid December. I also have a practice net set up in my basement.

1. What driver do you currently play?
Cobra ZL
105-110mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play?
Built for Cobra Aldila Voodoo in X-stiff, its closer to a strong stiff than a true X-stiff
Slice. I am looking for a low spin driver most likely. I get the ball way to high with way too much spin much of the time.
I plan to start off at the range comparing the ball flight next to my current driver, from there I will get it out on the course to get accustomed to it, before getting out to do a side by side test on the course with my current driver, to compare distance. From there on out I would focus on using this driver only, so I can really evaluate its strengths and weaknesses for me. I would also use a lunch monitor to compare raw numbers of it next to a couple different drivers. Being in Florida I will be able to continue to use the driver several times a week throughout the winter.

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R-11
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.0 Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My miss is a little push fade and I'm not sure what more/different I am looking for in my next driver.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am playing 2 rounds per week till the snow flies and then I will go to 1 round a week in the simulator. The driver is my favorite club in the bag to hit, so I use it a lot....too much sometimes. The test driver to be named later will be the gamer for the duration of the tests and reviews. I have over 2600 posts in THP and am on almost every day.

Thanks to THP and the mystery company for the opportunity of testing the new driver !

I am really loving the mystery on this testing! Can't wait to see who gets to test.

Tapatalk

You asked for it. I will post tonight. I had forgot to do it. lol.
I'm waiting for Jacob Robertson's investigation and theory on the mystery company :)

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade Burner 2.0 tp
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss is high toes side. I want something that I can really feel when I miss or hit the centre of the club face. I want to know by sound also. I want something that is not overly heavy. I am happy with the 2.0, but am open. If I hit a poor shot, I hit right of my target, way right. I want to be able to feel the club head throughout the swing too. To much to ask for?
I am on THP daily. When I can contribute I do. I would test this over the winter months against my current driver at the range. Give some 'cold' hard data. This driver would be tested against my current driver, to which I found was my fav of the bunch. The ultimate question I would ask is, why should this be in my bag, or not? I believe it boils down to something that simple. Data such as yards gained or lost would be be compiled. In addition, subjective areas such as feel and sound would be gauged.

Good luck folks, cannot wait to see what this driver is and more importantly, get some thoughts.

Back