Cleveland CG Black Driver Review

After seeing some driver numbers last night I am wondering if this one will really work for my current driver swing. If it's a higher spin combo that I have already it may not be a good match. That's a bummer too, because I would love to reap the benefits it has to offer.

Josh,
Did you check out the radio show from last week listed in the review? Nate from Cleveland discusses the differences in the clubs quite a bit.

Nope, but I will! Meant to listen yesterday, but totally spaced out. Thanks for the reminder.

I think JB is more designed to speak to this than I but I always felt Cleveland put a lower tag on the other drivers to get them out to the masses with Miyazaki shafts. Now the word is out and they can offer the black at a higher price point. Plus it's right in line with the other magic sticks on the market. Again this is just me talking I don't know if this fact.

That kinda makes sense. I actually figured it might have something to do with some composite components in the head. I was pretty impressed with the Ultralight's price point. Certainly not saying this isn't worth $400, was just curious. Checking out the radio show now!

After seeing some driver numbers last night I am wondering if this one will really work for my current driver swing. If it's a higher spin combo that I have already it may not be a good match. That's a bummer too, because I would love to reap the benefits it has to offer.

Good question Hawkster. Something Im coolbreezing about too. Maybe you go with the stiff shaft to bring ball flight down a bit?

Im really torn when it comes to this driver. There is a lot of good information and results in here already that intrigue me. Im really torn on the 9* or 10.5* head though and what would work better. I sure like a lot of what I see so far though.

I would think this driver would be well suited for you and I. We have pretty similar driver swings and SS. For me 10.5 is the ticket

Good question Hawkster. Something Im coolbreezing about too. Maybe you go with the stiff shaft to bring ball flight down a bit?

I thought about that and I think I'll still try some different loft/flex combos. I'm sort of skeptical about it being right for me though. That sucks because I'd love some more yards with the driver.

I guess the answer is to get on a launch monitor and see what the numbers say.

I thought about that and I think I'll still try some different loft/flex combos. I'm sort of skeptical about it being right for me though. That sucks because I'd love some more yards with the driver.

I have to agree with OEM and Captain on this Hawk. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

I just dont trust launch monitor numbers that much. I know I should but nothing means more then what I see out on the course and that is hard to do without buying first.

I just dont trust launch monitor numbers that much. I know I should but nothing means more then what I see out on the course and that is hard to do without buying first.

+1, wish there were more try before you buy opportunities around here

+1, wish there were more try before you buy opportunities around here

Check for Cleveland demo days. Every one of them has a launch monitor this year out on the range.

Check for Cleveland demo days. Every one of them has a launch monitor this year out on the range.

which is an awesome addition

Great review JB, the word that grabbed me is revolutionary. Looking forward to trying this one out.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

11 days...

I dont think I can ever remember being quite this anxious for a club to be released.

You pulling the trigger? Good for you if you are....
11 days...

I dont think I can ever remember being quite this anxious for a club to be released.

11 days...

Where you getting from? Everything I have seen from Cleveland says in store and online retailers on 11/25.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Golfsmith coupon codes worked on this thing a couple of days ago. For those interested remember "black Friday/cyber monday" sales are not too far off. May save you a few bucks.

Before anybody purchases, make sure to contact Blind9 via the store or PM and see what kind of deal they can offer you as a THP member.

I can't wait to hit this driver

I went to Golfsmith today to snoop around, no luck. For good measure I hit a 270 gram driver and left disappointed.

You pulling the trigger? Good for you if you are....
As of this moment, I am fairly confident that I will be gaming this driver within 2 weeks.

Where you getting from? Everything I have seen from Cleveland says in store and online retailers on 11/25.

Tappin' from my iPad!
Well...

Before anybody purchases, make sure to contact Blind9 via the store or PM and see what kind of deal they can offer you as a THP member.

Thanks, JB. Will definitely contact Blind9 first. Appreciate that.

Good I'll hit yours at the outing
As of this moment, I am fairly confident that I will be gaming this driver within 2 weeks.

Well...

Thanks, JB. Will definitely contact Blind9 first. Appreciate that.

That's "Black Friday" isn't it - Damn they are clever

Tappin' from my iPad!

Good I'll hit yours at the outing
More than welcome to.

Tappin' from my iPad!
I thought it was 11/15?

Edit: From the review on the front page, it says release is 11/15.

I frequently get emails the Cleveland Golf Tech Van is coming but they never seem to land in Orlando.

Back