Scottish THP Members Day Out April 2012

will_i_dream

Reaction score
Handicap
CONGU 8.4
I recently bought a golf voucher from a friend for £80, this is a fourball on the Rannaleroch course at the Strathmore Golf Centre : http://www.strathmoregolf.com/

I have already offered some spots to other THP members and we have agreed to offer out to the wider audience. The loose plan so far is that we will compile a list of THP members who would be available to play any Saturday or Sunday after the 1st April. (ideally April, but early May also an option)

The standard weekend fee for a round is £38, so i'm offering a sliding scale to cover the additional players and green fees (not including any additional discount we can find, 2-4-1 etc)

No of players
to pay
players & cost each
fourball60320.00
+198424.50
+2136527.20
+3174629.00
+4212730.29
+5250831.25
+6288932.00
+73261032.60
+83641133.09

etc

Thanks for your time, hope to hear from you soon

Last edited:
great idea and thanks for offering up the discount for your fellow THPers.

I am deffinitely up for this. saturday or sunday in April would be best for me as i have 2 outings in May already.

also willing to car share with anyone coming from glasgow or surrounding area. I woud get 3 sets of clubs in my car ok. (along with their owners)

I'm up for this! Thanks for setting it up. Would be nice to get another few bodies along too.

Might tag along with Brian and annoy him with my in car singing. :D

THP get together Scotland style! If you've got a plane ticket, you're welcome to come over too :clown:

I'd be well up for this also, if we can find an exact date i will be able to confirm for sure if i'm free, sounds good!

I have a couple charity events at the end of May, so also hoping to get this scheduled for April. If you guys can give me some suggested dates then, i'll get in touch with the club and see how busy they are :act-up:

Sat or Sun better?

I'm pretty easy over a Sat or Sun, whichever suits everyone.

Can we get a couple of provisional dates up and get a vote on it then?

I've called the club and they have told me they normally have club competitions on Sat mornings, Sun tends to be quieter. She gave me the following rough info, so depending on a date and approx numbers;

Sat Apr 7, times available between 09:37 - 10:30 and prob in the afternoon
Sun Apr 8, pretty clear at the moment

Sat Apr 14, times available between 10:37 - 11:00 and prob in the afternoon
Sun Apr 15, times available before 10:30, then 13:00 onwards

Sat Apr 21, no info
Sun Apr 22, times available before 10:30, then 13:00 onwards

Sat Apr 28, no info
Sun Apr 29, no info

they are currently moving from diary based bookings to an online system, she was in the process of moving April across when I called

Quick bump for anyone interested in attending and let me know availability, preffered dates
Thanks

A Sunday might be a good bet then, if they tend to be quieter.

I'm going to suggest Sun April 22nd, i'm assuming an early afternoon would be better rather than a 10 o'clockish start?

That should suit me. Guess it gives us all time to have breakfast, make the journey and get organised.

One day. One day.

I sent a PM to a couple of other Scottish THP members to see if they were interested, no positive response yet.

Barry, Brian ... if you guys are ok for the 22nd in the afternoon, i'll get in touch with the club and book a fourball at the moment?

sounds like a great time...enjoy!

I hope you get this organised and you get some decent weather. I would love to join you, but at the moment I don't think I will be able to and don't want to say I can make it and then cancel late on.

I look forwarding to hearing how you get on and hope this leads to more get togethers.

I hope you get this organised and you get some decent weather. I would love to join you, but at the moment I don't think I will be able to and don't want to say I can make it and then cancel late on.

I look forwarding to hearing how you get on and hope this leads to more get togethers.

I hope so too, I'd like to play either the Kittocks or Torrance course at the Fairmont in St Andrews later this year so I'll probably be mentioning deals on that :act-up:

If you decide to come west I'd be interested in hopping a boat to play a round.

I sent a PM to a couple of other Scottish THP members to see if they were interested, no positive response yet.

Barry, Brian ... if you guys are ok for the 22nd in the afternoon, i'll get in touch with the club and book a fourball at the moment?

Sounds good to me.

If you decide to come west I'd be interested in hopping a boat to play a round.

We could look into this at some point. Turnberry would be nice? :D

teeofftimes.co.uk have some nice deals on the ailsa course :0)

Barry can't manage the 22nd, i've asked him if he's free on the 8th, 15th or 29th .. you guys busy on any of those days?

Hey guys, i'm really struggling. I'm in dubai until the 8th and the 15th is out for me as i'm playing in a stableford at my club. The only date i'm free is the 29th but i may have a ticket for the football in manchester the next day so i would be travelling down on the 29th. i really don't wanna say i'm there and then i let you guys down. I may need to sit this one out.

The voucher is valid until August of this year, the reason i suggested April was because I figured people would be busy in the summer etc
I have a couple of Charity events at the end of May, other than that I don't have any real plans so i'm free anytime.

I'm happy to postpone until the beginning of May?
Or Brian & Paul(?) if you are ok with the 29th I'll book that, if Barry's plans are confirmed and he can't manage i'll get one of my mates along to make up the numbers.
Or one of you guys can 'call a friend' :act-up:

Sorry to hear that Barry, but can't be helped if you're busy. Sure we can get something organised again though.

I'm pretty happy to go with the flow on this one. End of April would be fine for me if you guys want to go ahead. I'd be able to bring a 4th if needed too.

sorry guys, i wouldnt be able to do the 29th as i have an outing the following week to st andrews and dont want to risk divorce. :(

Back