Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks awesome OG. Thanks for setting this up.

Gray,

I will be up on Saturday to play a round or two. Will have to head back home that night. Looking forward to playing and seeing everyone.

SMG

List of Golfers who have who are signed up:

Ole gray
KellyBo
Setho
DawgDaddy
SeeMoreGuy (Saturday golf only)
One-T (Sunday golf only)
Lefty78 (Sunday golf only)
T0AD
SW
Tadashi70
Bama
Adwillingham
Adwillingham's Dad
Brian T
Josh_Rush (Saturday golf only)
Dmb012
Sean
Brett_ Ingle03 (Saturday golf only)
Chewie69

Total = 19

Uh, why do I not see my name?

This is going to be so much fun, and as OG says, the north Georgia mountains are beautiful in mid October.

Uh, why do I not see my name?

My bad and you are now on the list. Are you staying over or driving up for the golf only? I will post group pairings some time this coming week along with the competition part.

Georgia Get Together October 15 th & 16 2011 – Blairsville, Ga.

Butternut Creek & Old Union Golf Courses

List of Golfers who have who are signed up:

Ole gray
KellyBo
Setho
DawgDaddy
SeeMoreGuy (Saturday golf only)
One-T (Sunday golf only)
Lefty78 (Sunday golf only)
T0AD
SW
Tadashi70
Bama
Adwillingham
ADWillingham's Dad
Brian T
Josh_Ross (Saturday golf only)
Dmb012
Sean
Brett_ Ingle03 (Saturday golf only)
Chewie69
JT723

Total = 20

Last edited:
Driving up for the golf. I just need to know 2 things. 1. Cost or $$$ 2. When are the tee times?

Driving up for the golf. I just need to know 2 things. 1. Cost or $$$ 2. When are the tee times?

We are getting the afternoon weekend rates ($49.00) at Old Union and tees times will begin at 09:00 a.m.

http://www.olduniongolf.com/#rates

I have to call Butternut tomorrow and will post that once I talk to TC's Uncle. There will be an option for 36 holes Saturday for those who are staying over.

Good deal. Thanks alot man. im pumped for this.

Good deal. Thanks alot man. im pumped for this.

We are going to have some competition so be ready to rumble. Team ole gray vs Team KellyBo

lol sounds like fun. It would really suck if I tell my dad about this and he doesnt let me go for 1 of 2 reasons.

1. I live in Roswell. Its a 2 hour drive to Blairsville. That in itself will want him to say no.
2. He wants me to play in a tourney or something like that and doesnt like the idea of me going to play with random strangers.

I'm really really hoping that he will let me go though. I should have a 100% answer with in the next week Gray. The tourney thing sounds too good to miss.

lol sounds like fun. It would really suck if I tell my dad about this and he doesnt let me go for 1 of 2 reasons.

1. I live in Roswell. Its a 2 hour drive to Blairsville. That in itself will want him to say no.
2. He wants me to play in a tourney or something like that and doesnt like the idea of me going to play with random strangers.

I'm really really hoping that he will let me go though. I should have a 100% answer with in the next week Gray. The tourney thing sounds too good to miss.

I hope it's smooth sailing for you as it will be a ton of fun! I can guarantee you that. Are you coming up Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday definetly. There's no chance of me making it on Sunday. And yeah. Cross your fingers :nailbiting::sweat:

Saturday definetly. There's no chance of me making it on Sunday. And yeah. Cross your fingers :nailbiting::sweat:

Ok so you will be playing at Butternut Creek if it works out. Good deal!

Can't really say we are random, unless you use this definition from the dictionary "odd and unpredictable in an amusing way". :D

Seriously, most of us know each other and there is the THP/golf fellowship that joins us. Would your dad consider coming over too? Even if he doesn't play he could enjoy the day taking in the scenery.

Can't really say we are random, unless you use this definition from the dictionary "odd and unpredictable in an amusing way". :D

Seriously, most of us know each other and there is the THP/golf fellowship that joins us. Would your dad consider coming over too? Even if he doesn't play he could enjoy the day taking in the scenery.

Yea bring him for a round of golf!

Yea bring him for a round of golf!

If his father sees your avatar, he doesn't stand a chance of being allowed to come.

Edit:

If his father sees OUR avatar, he doesn't stand a chance of being allowed to come.

If his father sees your avatar, he doesn't stand a chance of being allowed to come.

haha this is true! Blame it on TheChosen1

I just talked to Andy at Butternut Creek in Blairsville, Ga. and he will get back to me asap with the price for the rounds of golf for October 15th (Saturday).

I just talked to Andy at Butternut Creek in Blairsville, Ga. and he will get back to me asap with the price for the rounds of golf for October 15th (Saturday).

Just got off the phone with Andy who is the Superintendant at Butternut Creek in Blairsville. Andy is TC's Uncle and he is a great guy . Tee times are set at Butternut beginning at 09:00 a.m. and the green fees are $27.00 which is a great deal. We need to really thank TC (Lucas) and Jarret (one-T) for the insider lane. Andy also said each player would be receiving a small token (little surprise) from Butternut golf course, for coming to the Georgia Get Together. Andy is going to try and join us (play) for the Saturday morning round if he can work it out so that will be a treat! Make sure to check out the link below as he said the remodeling to their clubhouse is near finished and it will be a beautiful facility!

http://www.butternutcreekgolf.com/

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Andy who is the Superintendant at Butternut Creek in Blairsville. Andy is TC's Uncle and he is a great guy . Tee times are set at Butternut beginning at 09:00 a.m. and the green fees are $27.00 which is a great deal. We need to really thank TC and Jarrett for the insider lane. Andy also said each player would be receiving a small token (little surprise) from Butternut golf course, for coming to the Georgia Get Together. Andy is going to try and join us (play) for the Saturday morning round if he can work it out so that will be a treat! Make sure to check out the link below as he said the remodeling to their clubhouse is near finished and it will be a beautiful facility!

This is great news! Some of the elevation changes at Butternut are crazy! I can't wait to see their clubhouse.

Just got off the phone with Andy who is the Superintendant at Butternut Creek in Blairsville. Andy is TC's Uncle and he is a great guy . Tee times are set at Butternut beginning at 09:00 a.m. and the green fees are $27.00 which is a great deal. We need to really thank TC and Jarrett for the insider lane. Andy also said each player would be receiving a small token (little surprise) from Butternut golf course, for coming to the Georgia Get Together. Andy is going to try and join us (play) for the Saturday morning round if he can work it out so that will be a treat! Make sure to check out the link below as he said the remodeling to their clubhouse is near finished and it will be a beautiful facility!

Great going OG, and a special thank you to Andy and the Calloway's for this great special. The outing is going to be awesome for sure.

I have the group pairings set for Saturdays round and will post them this week. Please PM KellyBo your handicaps asap so we can put this info on an excel sheet. If you do not have a ghin handicap send her what you do have. Some folks keep there handicaps with an online golf site. We need the handicaps for the group competition we are working on for some fun and smack talking. Smack talking can start asap once we post the Team members and tee time pairings.

I have the group pairings set for Saturdays round and will post them this week. Please PM KellyBo your handicaps asap so we can put this info on an excel sheet. If you do not have a ghin handicap send her what you do have. Some folks keep there handicaps with an online golf site. We need the handicaps for the group competition we are working on for some fun and smack talking. Smack talking can start asap once we post the Team members and tee time pairings.

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to put a good old NC butt whooping on some people. Haha

Well, living so close to Butternut, I've had the chance to play it many times. During high school, we played a couple of matches there per year, and I've played lots of other times. Plenty of elevation changes, and a good number of blind shots. I think to score well, you need to bring your A game, so everyone best be bringing it on Saturday. I'm very excited about this, and can't wait to get the pairings out.

I have the proposed tee times for the Saturday's round at Butternut Creek. This is based on if everyone shows up on Saturday and if a person, for whatever reason misses this round, we will have work around it. TC's Uncle said he could possibly play with us Saturday if his plans work out. I am still hoping TC, UncleDaddy, & One-T can make the Saturday round so we may have six groups instead of five. Here are in the tee times for now.

09:00 a.m.

Ole gray
Chewie69
Sean
Dmb012

09:05 a.m.

KellyBo
One-T
Adwillingham
Tadashi70

09:10 a.m.

DawgDaddy
Lefty78
Josh Ross
Bama

09:15 a.m.

T0AD
SW
Adwillingham’s Dad
Brett_Ingle03

09:20 a.m.

Setho
Brian T
SeeMoreGuy
JT723

We are going to have two 10 man teams and the teams will be competing against each other via a best ball format. KellyBo will post the teams asap. The teams are very evenly split by handicap at this time. If we have another group sign up between now and October we will adjust accordingly. I think we can add another tee time or two if enough notice is given.

Back