Kentwool Tour Profile Socks 2011 Preview

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
The latest arrival to the NE office of THP is a redesign of my favorite golf socks, the Kentwool Tour Profile. These are by far my favorite golf socks on the market but they were prone to a little slippage off the heel. Kentwool says that they've addressed this problem so I'm anxious to find out. Thanks to Kentwool for sending these to THP for review!

b5af603c.jpg

6488daaf.jpg

b1a55a35.jpg

Still 20 bucks?

yes....so worth it though

I have been following on Facebook. $20 is steep for a pair look forward to review.

Im sorry but i cant justify 20 bucks for a pair of socks when my regular socks dont suck. I have the adidas and puma socks and no issues!

Hanks, Have you had any itch problems with these? Wool and me never went well together, so I'm just wondering out loud.

I got a few pairs. They are a great golf sock, however, not worth $20 IMO. The golf socks shrink more than they should making them a bit too small after washing. I also got a pair of black calf length socks and love them for work when I have a lot of standing and running around to do.

I probably will get a pair of the "Redesigned" socks. I have feet problems and socks DO make a big difference in comfort.

i'm intrigued by these,but not for $20. My smart wool socks will have to be just fine for half the cost

I got some with the bubba promo several months back and love them, totally worth $20 to me.

None at all. The best part is that they feel really soft and continue to feel that way after every wash

Hanks, Have you had any itch problems with these? Wool and me never went well together, so I'm just wondering out loud.

Don't put them in the dryer. I noticed a little shrinking with my first pair but the other pairs I've had maintian almost all of their original shape. these are mostly merino wool which doesn't do well in the dryer.

I got a few pairs. They are a great golf sock, however, not worth $20 IMO. The golf socks shrink more than they should making them a bit too small after washing. I also got a pair of black calf length socks and love them for work when I have a lot of standing and running around to do.

I probably will get a pair of the "Redesigned" socks. I have feet problems and socks DO make a big difference in comfort.

I must admit to never thinking that a performance sock could improve my golf.

Next season's must have will be boxer shorts made from some spaceage fabric for extra GROIN POWER next!

I don't know that socks will improve your game, but they could make your round more comfortable.

Hanks, you should walk a round in some cheapos and then one in these. I'd be interested to see if they make a difference. I'm not going to lie when I say I have my doubts, but I've been surprised before.

I've been wearing kentwool socks since January. I absolutely love the low profile ones with shorts. There is no show of the socks and they don't slip down my heel like some other brands. I do have a few of the tour profile and have noticed some heel slippage. I am eager to see how these treat you Hanks so I know whether or not to order some more.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I think Kentwool is going for the angle of 'if you're more comfortable your game will be better' and not along the lines of 'these socks will help you hit the ball straighter.

I've actually done just that. Aside from general comfort improvement these socks manage moisture much much better than 100% cotton socks (cheap or not) which keeps the sweat on my feet and increases the risk for blistering

I don't know that socks will improve your game, but they could make your round more comfortable.

Hanks, you should walk a round in some cheapos and then one in these. I'd be interested to see if they make a difference. I'm not going to lie when I say I have my doubts, but I've been surprised before.

I have several pair of the low profile and love them. I pay for the comfort-that is important to me.

I have several pair of the low profile and love them. I pay for the comfort-that is important to me.

That right there is the selling point. The comfort. I probably have about 20 pair of these and my wife has a few and they are the best socks ever. Way better that smartwool which tend to be a little abrasive. I wear these every day no matter what shoes I have on.

I actually just won a pair of these socks about 2 weeks back on Facebook for their #FREESOCKFRI they are the best pair of socks I own and they play really well as far as comfort and dryness goes. It is amazing a sock does that. I recommend that if you don't want to buy a pair follow them on Facebook and twitter and on Fridays look for the contest and enter to win it.

O Tay!

O just bought the New and Improved, best golf sock in the world. Thanks THP for giving me Golf GAS. That's $20 I'll never see again. Hope I like them. FREE shipping :banana: For $20, they should put them on you the first time. Just kidding. Sure they will be great!

never thought about buying golf socks. My advice would be to buy Adidas shoes. Most comfortable shoes ever and have never had any problems with them bothering my feet.

this is what makes them so unique.....it's the softest merino wool I've ever felt.....almost like cashmere

That right there is the selling point. The comfort. I probably have about 20 pair of these and my wife has a few and they are the best socks ever. Way better that smartwool which tend to be a little abrasive. I wear these every day no matter what shoes I have on.

Thanks for posting Hanks, I'm curious about these, very curious. They look rather hot, not hawt mind you, but hot. Could you give us a heads up as to what other brands of socks you wear on the course so we might get an idea of what they are being compared to and if those brands utilize any tech materials? I've become a fan of another brand but I don't mind dropping a few coin on a product that works as well or better.

99% of the time I wear Kentwools....on the rare occasion that I wear black shoes I'll wear a pair of adidas climacool socks but that's only because I haven't ordered a pair of black Kentwools yet. The adidas ones are nice and do a good job of keeping my feet dry but they can't hold a candle to the Kentwools in terms of comfort

Thanks for posting Hanks, I'm curious about these, very curious. They look rather hot, not hawt mind you, but hot. Could you give us a heads up as to what other brands of socks you wear on the course so we might get an idea of what they are being compared to and if those brands utilize any tech materials? I've become a fan of another brand but I don't mind dropping a few coin on a product that works as well or better.

never thought about buying golf socks. My advice would be to buy Adidas shoes. Most comfortable shoes ever and have never had any problems with them bothering my feet.

While I don't have any $20 golf socks, I do have to laugh at this. I've tried dozens of style/size combinations of Adidas shoes and never have found one that was comfortable. I keep trying them because I love the looks of them, but as of yet, they rank among the least comfortable for me. My current shoes of choice are FJ Contours, hoping to find some Asics to try soon.
As for these socks, I may have to try a pair. If they are any better than the orange and black Under Armour socks that I bought earlier this summer ($14 for two pair) then they are definitely winners.

While I don't have any $20 golf socks, I do have to laugh at this. I've tried dozens of style/size combinations of Adidas shoes and never have found one that was comfortable. I keep trying them because I love the looks of them, but as of yet, they rank among the least comfortable for me. My current shoes of choice are FJ Contours, hoping to find some Asics to try soon.
As for these socks, I may have to try a pair. If they are any better than the orange and black Under Armour socks that I bought earlier this summer ($14 for two pair) then they are definitely winners.

Just proves that no two feet are the same.[/]hijack[]

99% of the time I wear Kentwools....on the rare occasion that I wear black shoes I'll wear a pair of adidas climacool socks but that's only because I haven't ordered a pair of black Kentwools yet. The adidas ones are nice and do a good job of keeping my feet dry but they can't hold a candle to the Kentwools in terms of comfort

Thanks, I have a few of the climacool so that gives me an idea about the kentwool.

Just proves that no two feet are the same.[/]hijack[]

No doubt! If everyone had a wide foot like mine, Nike and Adidas would be out of the shoe market.

Back