R11 vs r11s fairway?

Coachfrizz

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.0
Have the r11 15.5 right now and was thinking of changing to 14*, but didn't know what difference between the two were. Anyone hit them both and what were the differences? I keep going back and forth between 14* and 15.5* I had a 14 and traded my friend for his 15.5 and now I think I want the 14 again. Any suggestions?

I'm also pondering the R11 14* vs R11s 14* -curious what the advantage would be to buying the S.

Move the 15.5 down to the lower setting and swing away.

Have changed the setting to lower and that promotes a fade that I don't want

Have changed the setting to lower and that promotes a fade that I don't want

Could be wrong here, but isn;t that the point of the face plate?

It is ghost, but I have been hitting it really good in the standard setting so I really didn't want to mess with what was working, just want a little lower ball flight.

It is ghost, but I have been hitting it really good in the standard setting so I really didn't want to mess with what was working, just want a little lower ball flight.

Did the 14 give you a lower ball flight? What shaft is in the 15.5? You could possibly change the shaft to get the trajectory you are looking for.

The 14* was good, but for some stupid reason I thought the 15.5 would be better, so I traded my buddy that had the 15.5 and thought he need the 14 but now I realized I screwed up. Now I'm going to sale my 15.5 and get the 14*. I just not sure if I want the r11 or r11s

Have the blur stiff shaft

I have the 14 and love it, it's like a high lofted driver for me that flights the ball quite a bit lower. I also have a 4 which I can make a 5 if I need to. And that is a good gap between that and my 4 hybrid, for me at least. It also allows me to carry 4 wedges.

I have the R11s 15.5 in my bag for a week. I played and practiced with it yesterday and today. I have everything set at neutral so a can gage the standard ball flight. The ball flight his mid/high planner. I would say it is closer to the high side then the mid. The nice thing is how the ball flight is very tight, not a hole lot of movement.
Each ball I hit rocketed off the face reached its apex and just seemed to hang in the air before dropping to the earth. The white head didn't affect me as its big brother the R11. It didn't bother me and the face seemed to be harder then the R11. I wasn't a fan of the R11 because it felt as though the ball stuck on the face too long. I did not feel this way with the R11s.
The one thing that really surprised me is how short the club plays. I actually was hitting my 19* hybrid past the R11s. I think I maxed out at 240 with the R11s. My hybrid was as long if not longer. The dispersion was actually better then any other 3W I hit but I could not live with such a lack of distance. I'll give it a few more sessions and I am hoping to see more distance.

I have the R11s 15.5 in my bag for a week. I played and practiced with it yesterday and today. I have everything set at neutral so a can gage the standard ball flight. The ball flight his mid/high planner. I would say it is closer to the high side then the mid. The nice thing is how the ball flight is very tight, not a hole lot of movement.
Each ball I hit rocketed off the face reached its apex and just seemed to hang in the air before dropping to the earth. The white head didn't affect me as its big brother the R11. It didn't bother me and the face seemed to be harder then the R11. I wasn't a fan of the R11 because it felt as though the ball stuck on the face too long. I did not feel this way with the R11s.
The one thing that really surprised me is how short the club plays. I actually was hitting my 19* hybrid past the R11s. I think I maxed out at 240 with the R11s. My hybrid was as long if not longer. The dispersion was actually better then any other 3W I hit but I could not live with such a lack of distance. I'll give it a few more sessions and I am hoping to see more distance.

Very interesting, thanks Tadashi. I am a bit surprised you found it to be so short. I look forward to hearing how the rest of the week goes.

Very interesting, thanks Tadashi. I am a bit surprised you found it to be so short. I look forward to hearing how the rest of the week goes.
it was shocking to me because I absolutely loved the ball flight and how little movement I was seeing. But that ball would just hang and then drop outmformthe sky. Maybe the yardages where off but I had GPS yesterday and markers today. Saw the same results.....

I love the R11 3 wood so I have no reason to switch (that I know of). But, I think the asp stayed the same as the R11 on the fairway woods with only three settings.

The R11 3 wood also gives me plenty of distance. So much that I teed off with it a lot instead of driver when I was using the R11 driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back