Rain - How many strokes versus dry weather?

Dance_Business

AARP Member :)
Reaction score
Handicap
Practice
I shot 112 today in a full down pour. Typically I am good for about 4-5 strokes difference in the rain. Today was another story!
What is your typical difference?

Maybe a few? I think wind affects my game more than rain..

I'm honestly just trying to think of how the rain really plays a factor.

Jake likes to stroke it in dry and wet weather.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Wet...dry causes rashes

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

A lot of less strokes when its wet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

It depends on the rain.

If it's just a light drizzle it usually doesn't affect me all that much.
But if it's a case of having to worry about keeping grips and gloves dry, then it might be worth a few strokes.

But to be perfectly honest, if it gets to that point, I'd be more inclined to just shut it down for the day.

MonkeyButtePowder.png

Let's keep this on topic, could we please?

Kevin

Depends on if esox is letting them go on you

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

I shoot way lower scores when the course is soaked. Especially if I know which way I am missing that day. I dont need any more distance, but to be able to stuff pins and rely on the wet green to stop the balls is worth at least 4 or 5 shots to me.

Let's keep this on topic, could we please?

Kevin

A whole lotta drinkin' goin' on, I'd say, hehehe. Wish I was partaking with you all.

It doesn´t matter if its a drizzle. If it pours I´m usually ok up to the point when the grips are soaked. Wind usually affects me more than rain. Although I like the challenge of playing in windy conditions even if the outcome isn´t always the best.

With the advances in rain gloves I find that I shoot about the same in the rain as I do when its nice out.

I do not use rain gloves or anything like that. I have a short sleeve :walterhagen: waterproof shirt and thats it. I usually shoot about the same. Honestly, I love playing in the rain.

i like playing in the rain... i know i can go for any pin and stick it wherever my ball lands without worrying about roll. although i do have quite a few ball marks to fix when it rains.

i like playing in the rain... i know i can go for any pin and stick it wherever my ball lands without worrying about roll. although i do have quite a few ball marks to fix when it rains.

this is another reason I love playing in the rain or just after it....Thanks buckjob!

I shoot better with some rain, stops them from rolling OB.

Playing in the rain doesn't bother me, much prefer it too playing in a strong wind. I can shoot similar scores in the rain and dry, all depends on how I am playing on the day

While it is raining +9. Just after it rains no difference.

It all depends on that day for me. I'm learning to like playing in the wind with knockdowns and what not. But I have a very high natural ball flight, so the rain helps me out more then not. Just the when my 3 wood and driver plug off the tee. I also have rain gloves and a full rain suit.

Yes it was windy, too. The wet grips & gloves were the real issue. I do have full rain gear, though I was not wearing it, it was 80 degrees. I typically play better in wind, but wind & rain was kickin' my butt.

I prefer playing in light rain with no wind. One reason is because less people are out and I get the course to myself, another is the ball doesn't roll somewhere I don't want it to. Wind on the other hand, as others have stated, can be a real pain for me. Since my 9i-6i hit very high wind can really mess me up.

Even with rain gear and rain gloves I'd add 5 strokes to my game, after a while it just gets to me and my game goes south!!!

Back